There Was A Time - Kennedy's Winebar Basement, York - Free Entry

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to start the ball rolling for our next night on Friday 5th February at Kennedy's.

Sean Tasker (Newcastle) and Moldie (Lightwater/Farnborough) will be guesting. Residents are Barry Forth and Soulmaster Jay. Unfortunately Ricky Nelson has a prior engagement.

Should be fun with lots of folk meeting up, having a drink and dancing.

Music will be varied to keep things interesting (and debates raging) but it will mainly be: 60's & 70's Northern, some Modern and a smatterring of 60's Soulfull Jazz, Latin and R&B.

Hope we do see more new faces who can then get a better idea of what we are all about and trying to achieve. If we can't stay soulful what chance do we have of showing the younger generations the way.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Edited by jasonsaxo
  • Replies 45
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ricky N

Hi Jay Cee

Looking forward to more fun and games!!

Glad to see that Sean will be joining us for this one, he always plays some cracking stuff.

Wonder how we can upset the soul (source) police this time?!!

Ricky

Edited by Ricky N

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to start the ball rolling for our next night on Friday 29th Jan at Kennedy's.

Sean Tasker (Newcastle) will be guesting. Residents are Ricky "Soul Bro" Nelson, Barry Forth and Soulmaster Jay.

Music will be varied to keep things interesting (and debates raging) but it will mainly be: 60's & 70's Northern, some Modern and a smatterring of 60's Soulfull Jazz, Latin and R&B.

Hope we do see more new faces who can then get a better idea of what we are all about and trying to achieve. If we can't stay soulful what chance do we have of showing the younger generations the way.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Having enjoyed the last one so much biggrin.gif , sorry we won't be able to be at this one sad.gif

Hope to see you all this Sat (16th) at York's charity Soul Night

thumbup.gif

SOULGALORE @

Crofton Community Centre, Middle Lane, Crofton

Wakefield. WF4 1LB

Friday 22nd January 2010

Guest DJs: Andy Bellwood & Dale Byers

Resident DJs: Paul Newton & Tony Jackson

8.00pm - 1.00am.....Entrance £3 OTD. Large Wooden Dance Floor.....Cheap Bar Prices

4th Friday in every month

For further information contact Paul tel 01924 895038 / 07749192499

E-mail: info@soulgalore.co.uk. Website: www.soulgalore.co.uk

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to start the ball rolling for our next night on Friday 29th Jan at Kennedy's.

Sean Tasker (Newcastle) will be guesting. Residents are Ricky "Soul Bro" Nelson, Barry Forth and Soulmaster Jay.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Looking forward, once again

to an eclectic mix of Soul thumbsup.gif

I may be able to make it Saturday so may carch up then.

Cheers,

Jay Cee

Having enjoyed the last one so much biggrin.gif , sorry we won't be able to be at this one sad.gif

Hope to see you all this Sat (16th) at York's charity Soul Night

thumbup.gif

SOULGALORE @

Crofton Community Centre, Middle Lane, Crofton

Wakefield. WF4 1LB

Friday 22nd January 2010

Guest DJs: Andy Bellwood & Dale Byers

Resident DJs: Paul Newton & Tony Jackson

8.00pm - 1.00am.....Entrance £3 OTD. Large Wooden Dance Floor.....Cheap Bar Prices

4th Friday in every month

For further information contact Paul tel 01924 895038 / 07749192499

E-mail: info@soulgalore.co.uk. Website: www.soulgalore.co.uk

Hi Folks,

Urgent notification to tell you that I have had to change the date for There Was A Time (from 29th Jan '09) to Friday 5th February '09. The venue (Kennedy's) have double booked us. The other event had booked before us so we we offered an alternative date.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

All other info is the same re: music, times etc.

Sean Tasker is still guesting but, unfortunately, one of the residents, Ricky Nelson, is now unavailable. This simply means you will have to put up with Barry and myself.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Hi Folks,

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

I have managed to secure the services of Moldie (Lightwater/Farnborough) for Friday 5th February at There Was A Time. Really looking forward to his and Sean sets. Plus, will be great to hear Barry banging out the classics and I will try and break it up with a more eclectic (to use Dekka's expression) set.

Definitely something for most folks.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Hi Folks,

Urgent notification to tell you that I have had to change the date for There Was A Time (from 29th Jan '09) to Friday 5th February '09. The venue (Kennedy's) have double booked us. The other event had booked before us so we we offered an alternative date.

Sean Tasker is still guesting but, unfortunately, one of the residents, Ricky Nelson, is now unavailable. This simply means you will have to put up with Barry and myself.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

I have managed to secure the services of Moldie (Lightwater/Farnborough) for Friday 5th February at There Was A Time. Really looking forward to his and Sean sets. Plus, will be great to hear Barry banging out the classics and I will try and break it up with a more eclectic (to use Dekka's expression) set.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to start the ball rolling for our next night on Friday 5th February at Kennedy's.

Sean Tasker (Newcastle) and Moldie (Lightwater/Farnborough) will be guesting. Residents are Barry Forth and Soulmaster Jay. Unfortunately Ricky Nelson has a prior engagement.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

im really looking forward tp this.....its gonna be great to finally dj in my home county and with such a great bunch of ppl

moldie

im really looking forward tp this.....its gonna be great to finally dj in my home county and with such a great bunch of ppl

moldie

Only just seen this , i tell ya what it'll be a fantastic night with guests like Sean , whos spot i caught at Northallerten was fantastic , and Moldie i had the honor to dj alongside at Rugby allniter last year , just superb ,:thumbup: i dont think we can make it on the night , but we WILL really really try our best :yes: for everyone going you certainly wont be dissapointed , welldone Jay for securing these 2 guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Only just seen this , i tell ya what it'll be a fantastic night with guests like Sean , whos spot i caught at Northallerten was fantastic , and Moldie i had the honor to dj alongside at Rugby allniter last year , just superb ,thumbup.gif  i dont think we can make it on the night , but we WILL really really try our best yes.gif for everyone going you certainly wont be dissapointed , welldone Jay for securing these 2 guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi di

im sorry it was a horror for you or did you mean i was a horror..lololol....it was an absolute pleasure for me....lets hope you can get a baby sitter for this night................

my new toons should have arrived by then

moldie

Hi Di,

Thanks for the glowing words of support. Hope you guys can make it. I have not seen you guys for ages and it is all my fault. Great to hear Ricky will be working with you guys also.

Hopefully see you guys soon and say "hello", from me, to Mr D. Smith if you speak to him on your travels.

Cheers,

Jay Cee

Only just seen this , i tell ya what it'll be a fantastic night with guests like Sean , whos spot i caught at Northallerten was fantastic , and Moldie i had the honor to dj alongside at Rugby allniter last year , just superb ,thumbup.gif i dont think we can make it on the night , but we WILL really really try our best yes.gif for everyone going you certainly wont be dissapointed , welldone Jay for securing these 2 guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Folks,

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

change of date has its bonus - its now the day before York Soul Club , so makes for an excellent weekend for those taking the opportunity to stay over thumbup.gif

DON'T MISS -THE MASSIVE YORK CHARITY ALLDAYER

Northern Soul & Motown Revue

HUNTINGTON WMC, YORK

SATURDAY 10TH JULY 2010

1st Anniversary Alldayer Free Style Djing

IN AID OF

THE PARKINSON'S DISEASE SOCIETY

Massive DJ line up including

MARIA WILLINGHAM & GUEST -MAXIMS CARL WILLINGHAM SUIT WIGAN

CHRIS (BEARSOUL) MORGAN-TASTE OF HONEY- MANCHESTER

MICK H

JO WALLACE & PAUL THOMAS PETERS

RON PEDLEY-YORK

TONY HATFIELD YORK SOUL CLUB

JERRY BROWN WILTON RIP 1950-2009

MARTYN(HULLSOUL)BIRD-NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB

JOHN PARKER YORK SOUL CLUB

ANDY BELLWOOD -TASTE OF HONEY/RILEY SMITH HALL

STEVE & KEV THE ATTIC CLUB MANSFIELD TC

MIKE WARD-SOUL & MOTOWN REVUE

ANDY HUDSON-SOUL AND MOTOWN REVUE

Hi Di,

Thanks for the glowing words of support. Hope you guys can make it. I have not seen you guys for ages and it is all my fault. Great to hear Ricky will be working with you guys also.

Hopefully see you guys soon and say "hello", from me, to Mr D. Smith if you speak to him on your travels.

Cheers,

Jay Cee

I`ll pass on your regards jay, sean is a top dj caught his spot at northallerton before xmas, unfortunatly missed moldies spot at rugby, but by what di said when they were djing in the freestyle room at rubgy allnighter on the same bill. He did a fantastic spot, i allways take di`s word as she has great taste you knowwhistling.gifwhistling.gif hope all goes well my friend-RESPECT HARRY

I`ll , unfortunatly missed moldies spot at rugby, but by what di said when they were djing in the freestyle room at rubgy allnighter on the same bill. He did a fantastic spot, i allways take di`s word as she has great taste you know

thats very nice to hear harry.....thanks

moldie

Really disappointed about the change of date,

as i'm going to Butlins for the weekend,

However,

I'm sure it's gonna be up to it's usual high standards,

especially as you have sean and moldie guesting for you.

I believe i met moldie at Sussex soul club in October,

although memory a bit vague now.

Had good crack down there, especially enjoyed the John Denver slot at the end:wicked:

only kidding.

Anyway, hope to see you all end of Febthumbsup.gif

Really disappointed about the change of date,

as i'm going to Butlins for the weekend,

However,

I'm sure it's gonna be up to it's usual high standards,

especially as you have sean and moldie guesting for you.

I believe i met moldie at Sussex soul club in October,

although memory a bit vague now.

Had good crack down there, especially enjoyed the John Denver slot at the endwicked.gif

only kidding.

Anyway, hope to see you all end of Febthumbsup.gif

hey dekka we did meet at sussex soul club...was an excellent nite...i was there right to the end

regards moldie

well it aint gonna be long till this event is upon us...lets hope some of you soul sourcers get down there and give the promoters some support...ill be there early doors...its a 4 hour drive for me so i hope some of you can make an effor tooregards moldie

Guest BintofSoul

well it aint gonna be long till this event is upon us...lets hope some of you soul sourcers get down there and give the promoters some support...ill be there early doors...its a 4 hour drive for me so i hope some of you can make an effor tooregards moldie

Hiya Moldie & Jay Cee

Have a great night fellasthumbup.gif . You'll love it Moldieyes.gif .

Nicki XXXX

Hiya Moldie & Jay Cee

Have a great night fellasthumbup.gif .  You'll love it Moldieyes.gif .  

Nicki XXXX

hi nikki

great to see you fri night...you was looking gd......i cant wait to get there...had 4 new tunes through

regards moldie

Hi Moldie,

Yes, not long now. I am really looking forward to it and to meeting you. The glowing reports are coming in from all the country. Expecting great things my brother.

Apologies for not getting flyers to you but they were not up to scratch (I did them, not my ususal designer) and it may have been more damaging to use them. And anyway, having guests such as yourself and Sean Tasker and Barry doing his thang should be more than enough to pull in a crowd of soulies.

If there is anything else you need like directions, where to park, getting something to eat etc just give me a shout. I will send mobile number to you. If it goes to voicemail, leave a message and I will ring you back as soon as poss.

Once again, very appreciative of you taking time out to drive up here and spin some tunes.

Cheers squire,

Jay Cee

Guest BintofSoul

hi nikki

great to see you fri night...you was looking gd......i cant wait to get there...had 4 new tunes through

regards moldie

Aw you're very sweet Moldie, it was good to see you too! The crowd is as eclectic as the soul at 'That Was A Time' so you'll be in for a great nightthumbup.gif !

Nicki XXX

hi Nicki,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the good wishes. We will do our best to have a great night. Just sorry you wont be there to enjoy it too.

I will have to pop to Sussex next time I am down south.

In regard to Andy Lewis' birthday I am unable to attend. It is a shame but I have lot on with moving house at the mo + solicitors etc.

Hope to see you soon and take care.

KTF,

Jay Cee, xxx

Hiya Moldie & Jay Cee

Have a great night fellasthumbup.gif . You'll love it Moldieyes.gif .

Nicki XXXX

Guest BintofSoul

hi Nicki,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the good wishes. We will do our best to have a great night. Just sorry you wont be there to enjoy it too.

I will have to pop to Sussex next time I am down south.

In regard to Andy Lewis' birthday I am unable to attend. It is a shame but I have lot on with moving house at the mo + solicitors etc.

Hope to see you soon and take care.

KTF,

Jay Cee, xxx

Hi Jay Cee

I'd love to be there but I've got my fave Sussex Soul Club on Saturday, so it would be a bit of a trek! You must pay us a visit at some point:yes: ! Have a great night and I hope the move etc goes well:thumbup: . XXX

It's a pity were gonna miss each other Moldie, especially after your long journey to York.

Talking about long journeys;

Jay Cee and Barry like long journeys. They once went for a holiday in Mexico.

They were hoping to hire a couple of metal detecters and go hunting for inca gold. Apparently

Barry had been in his Grandparents loft and found what looked like a map. It had been drawn up by his

Great Great Grandad who was a bit of a traveller in his day. He had worked his passage to Australia

on board HMS Stalker a Convict ship.

At Perth he jumped ship and stowed away on a steamer bound for Buenas Aires.

He then worked his way up the eastern seaboard of the Americas until finally arriving in Mexico. Whereupon

he acquired two mules and a wife called Sarah.

No one knew of his exploits until Barry found a manuscript hidden away in an old teachest in his grandparents loft.

At Gatwick Airport on the way over, they asked about paying excess baggage and the

nice people at British Airways just waved them through, and after wonderful adventures

in Mexico

(ask them some time about the rose seller in Oaxaca and the Dorado at the El Dorado motel)

they came back to Mexico City airport and expected to be waved through again but this time

the not so nice people at mexico city airport demanded payment.

They were tired and sweaty and they really wanted to eat Yorkshire Puddings

(they liked marinated grasshoppers as much as the next bloke, but you can have too much of a good thing)

so Jay Cee expected that Barry would just pay up but he didn't.

And that's why Jay Cee likes Barry so much, and why he loves his eccentricity.

He asked the bloke behind the desk for a felt tip pen; he opened

his shirt and drew a heart on his chest. "Come on mate," he said.

"Give us a kiss and then I might pay." The bloke looked shocked.

He looked for a moment as though he might kiss Barry and Barry looked startled as

though he thought he might get a big slobbery kiss as well.

And then the bloke laughed and blew him a kiss.

And then Barry got his credit card out.

Have a good one guys, don't forget to blow Barry a kiss from all of us at Butlins

It's a pity were gonna miss each other Moldie, especially after your long journey to York.

They were hoping to hire a couple of metal detecters and go hunting for inca gold. Apparently

Barry had been in his Grandparents loft and found what looked like a map. It had been drawn up by his

Great Great Grandad who was a bit of a traveller in his day. He had worked his passage to Australia

He then worked his way up the eastern seaboard of the Americas until finally arriving in Mexico. Whereupon

No one knew of his exploits until Barry found a manuscript hidden away in an old teachest in his grandparents loft.

At Gatwick Airport on the way over, they asked about paying excess baggage and the

nice people at British Airways just waved them through, and after wonderful adventures

in Mexico

(ask them some time about the rose seller in Oaxaca and the Dorado at the El Dorado motel)

they came back to Mexico City airport and expected to be waved through again but this time

(they liked marinated grasshoppers as much as the next bloke, but you can have too much of a good thing)

He looked for a moment as though he might kiss Barry and Barry looked startled as

Have a good one guys, don't forget to blow Barry a kiss from all of us at Butlins

im gutted to......there could be a film in that story....might have to do a you-tube lolol.......................

have a great weekend mate

in Mexico

in Mexico

Absolute classic Dekka. It has made me laugh on this wet, miserable day.

Fun and games at the Hotel El Dorado!!! And Baz and his credit card. What more can I say?

Except it was the start of many long journeys for me and Mr Barry Forth.

The question is where does it all come from? There is an author in there trying to get out.

You will be missed my brother.

See you soon and have a great weekend (without the two intrepid adventurers)

Cheers,

Jay

in Mexico