Soul Or Nothing Manchester.. New Venue

Soul Or Nothing

Underplayed 60s/ 70s Northern, Rhythm and soul, Crossover, Deep funk, Ghetto grooves, rare soul, Beat ballads..

Uptempo/ mid tempo/ deep as you like..

@ Blue Parrot bar/ grille..

Portland St Manchester..

Friday 29th January...

8pm to 2am... Free entry...

Djs...

Gareth Sweeney...

Adam Leaver...

Dave ( the dentist ) Rippolles

George Mahood...

Wayne Dearman..

Steve Cato...

The Blue Parrot is a plush city center venue, open plan, two floors with small dancefloor.. Large screens for visuals, quality sound throughout.. Nice seated area for meals too.. City center Piccadilly Gardens opp the Ramada Hotel.. Plenty hotels on the doorstep doing advance booking deals... Cappacity around 170 throughout..

Edited by little-stevie
  • Replies 106
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Soul Or Nothing

Underplayed 60s/ 70s Northern, Rhythm and soul, Crossover, Deep funk, Ghetto grooves, rare soul, Beat ballads..

Portland St Manchester..

Friday 29th January...

Djs...

Gareth Sweeney...

Adam Leaver...

George Mahood...

Wayne Dearman..

Steve Cato...

The Blue Parrot is a plush city center venue, open plan, two floors with small dancefloor.. Large screens for visuals, quality sound throughout.. Nice seated area for meals too.. City center Piccadilly Gardens opp the Ramada Hotel.. Plenty hotels on the doorstep doing advance booking deals... Cappacity around 200 throughout..

We'll be there - always something extra special when its the (re) launch of Soul or Nothing at a brill new venue. Gonna book a hotel to avoid the early departure back across the Pennines.

Andy n Denise

Charity Northern Soul & Motown Revue @ HUNTINGTON WMC

SATURDAY 16TH JANUARY 2010

In aid of St. Leonards Hospice, York

DJ's Little Av & Pete Jay (Manifesto Soul Club}, Andy Bellwood (The Belfry, Taste Of Honey & Riley Smith Hall), Dale Byers (Riley Smith Hall), Andy Hudson & Mike Ward (Soul & Motown Revue)

Huntington WMC,1 North Moor Road, Huntington, York. YO32 9QS Tel 01904 768370 Andy01904 441428 Mike 01904 340764

£5:00 (8 till 1am) arrive early

Edited by andybellwood
Guest Lobster Madras

Cheers Andy

Will save you some seats/ space upstairs... Any others who are deffo gonna come then drop me a line cheers...

Its coming together now...

cheers

Just realised I'm in UK for a do in Cambridge on the 30th... I can't not be there then, can I ? Georges birthday too !

See ya all there... top stuff !

Very good of you Steve -you never know mate -got to get all my commercial committments out of the way first mate -only done Burnley and the Wilton last year oh and Pet lawsons memorial [great night] I am firmly in the "cant be arsed camp" also lol!!!

BAZ A

Thanks for the info Baz... Maybe come along sometime, open invite to play in the furure..

Yes Russ, Big George birthday party too along with a couple of others i think.. Come on up, its only gonna be another 800 mile round trip :D

Guest Ste Brazil

Soul Or Nothing

@ Blue Parrot bar/ grille.. Portland St Manchester..

Friday 29th jsanuary... 8pm to 2am... Free entry...

Djs..

Gareth Sweeney...

Adam Leaver...

George Mahood...

Wayne Dearman..

Steve Cato...

The Blue Parrot is a plush city center venue, open plan, two floors with small dancefloor.. Large screens for visuals, quality sound throughout.. Nice seated area for meals too.. City center Piccadilly Gardens opp the Ramada Hotel.. Plenty hotels on the doorstep doing advance booking deals... Cappacity around 200 throughout..

Sounds spot on to me Mr.C! I'll be over in March for definite.thumbup.gif

Ste.

Soul Or Nothing

Portland St Manchester..

Friday 29th January...

Djs...

Gareth Sweeney...

Adam Leaver...

George Mahood...

Wayne Dearman..

Steve Cato...

as Steve says there's some great hotel deals on offer , just seen a couple @Piccadilly -Sachas reduced from £135 to £39!!! Britannia £145 reduced to £43 both per room https://www.britanniahotels.com/booking?Region=All&Location=Manchester&Arrival=29%2F01%2F2010&Nights=1&Adults=2&Children=0&Promotion=&x=15&y=5

Guest Brett F

As usual , an eclectic dj line up. This is what soul or nothing was about, no egos, just real vinyl records from diverse soul genre's, don't think I missed many of these, and the hotel price looks great value. Bring it on Mr Cato.

Edited by Brett F

As usual , an eclectic dj line up. This is what soul or nothing was about, no egos, just real vinyl records from diverse soul genre's, don't think I missed many of these, and the hotel price looks great value. Bring it on Mr Cato.

I'm in Manc for the weekend for this and Radcliffe, so I may see you there Mr Franklin. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Dean and others who have got back to me.. Had to move quick and sort the djs and get the info out yesterday.. Will get the launch out of the way and then sort out a list of lads to play at future events, thanks to you all and i will post the venue details later tonight after i have met up with the manager..

Its good to have a focus at this time of the year,early Jan aint my or many peoples best time of the year...

Cheers

Steve

Hiya Steve, It's Sue and Tony here from sunny Perth, W.A. we met when you were over here a few years ago, hope you remember us. Good luck with the new venture, it sounds like a nice friendly type venue. Stay soulful. ATB Sue and Tony. OZ. K.T.F.

Hiya Steve, It's Sue and Tony here from sunny Perth, W.A. we met when you were over here a few years ago, hope you remember us. Good luck with the new venture, it sounds like a nice friendly type venue. Stay soulful. ATB Sue and Tony. OZ. K.T.F.

[/quote

Hi there

So nice to hear from you both.. Hope to be back over there one day for a catch up... Let us know if you are planning to come over here anytime, always welcome to stay in Manchester..

take care....

Guest Decroco

There's no such thing as 'EGOS' Brett mate it's called 'FEAR'! They coincide with each other and one cannot exist without the other.

See you there Val, may bring Craig and Deb over although not told them yet.

Pete

Thanks for message Pete, will be good to have you and the majestic lady over, i will save you a spce upstairs, confirm nubers please and pm me..

Future dates for Soul Or Nothing.... I think these are the best we can get to keep away from local venues with a similar music policy.. Again i ask any promoters to feel free to contact me, talking is good and we can then move forward..

Friday 26th March (also as a 'warm up' for Radcliffe niter on 27th so come make a weekend of it)

Friday 23rd April

Friday 28th May( Radcliffe all niter weekend )

Friday 18th June

Friday 30th July (Radcliffe Niter weekend )

Friday 20th August

Friday 24th September ( Radcliffe niter weekend )

Friday 22nd October

Flyer and posters to follow soon...

Gutted to be missing the first couple of nights for the re-launch of this fantastic club with a TOP music policy!

Just a shame it clashes with our do.

Steve - you've done a fantastic job of trying to avoid clashes there mate, possibly tougher than rockets science so :hatsoff2: for you young man.

Looking forward to having you on at Driving Beat in Feb mate, and all the best with this one. WILL DEFO BE AT S.O.N IN APRIL!!!

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank

Gutted to be missing the first couple of nights for the re-launch of this fantastic club with a TOP music policy!

Just a shame it clashes with our do.

Steve - you've done a fantastic job of trying to avoid clashes there mate, possibly tougher than rockets science so hatsoff2.gif for you young man.

Looking forward to having you on at Driving Beat in Feb mate, and all the best with this one. WILL DEFO BE AT S.O.N IN APRIL!!!

Azza

Cheers mate

Yes a shame about the clash every second Month, the point was to have a weekend with Radcliffe all niter for the many people who travel some distance.. No problem mate, we aint on each others doorstep and fingers crossed both clubs can move forward.. I hope we can borrow a few of your punters on the other dates and we can send some folk your way too.. Cheers Azza, talking is good... Added your club link to our facebook page and send over some flyers FOR fEB event etc.... will pm address..

Looking good. Great to see a truly eclectic venue establish itself again in Manchester. Have a top launch!thumbsup.gif

Friday 26th March (also as a 'warm up' for Radcliffe niter on 27th so come make a weekend of it)

Friday 23rd April

Friday 28th May( Radcliffe all niter weekend )

Friday 18th June

Friday 30th July (Radcliffe Niter weekend )

Friday 20th August

Friday 24th September ( Radcliffe niter weekend )

Friday 22nd October

Thanks for feedback.... Pms/ emails.. We will save you seat upstairs, thats now full but its open plan and on two floors...

If others coming can just send me a pm and we can then make sure its staffed in the right manner..

Record dealers.. We could have a table for the odd dealer if any wanna pitch upstairs..

Cheers

Hi Steve. Still in my plans to be over next friday. I'll have a friend (or two) along, are we ok for space, should be along for 9ish. . . . . . . I'm seeing this being full. Hope to hook up next week. Dean

Cheers Dean... Will have your name + 2 on the door if any trouble getting in...

Yes it looks like being very very busy, if any others are looking to come after 10pm then beware it a wait on the door,drop me a pm with your names and that will help the door team...

No problem with all who have posted on the topic or left a rsvp in facebook, I have all your names down... Just a message to any others who aint contacted me yet.... Just wanna make sure you aint left waiting on the door...

We can leave this space for other event chat, just pm me or email... Any coming down early will be fine, its just gonna get very busy after 10pm..

cheers

Guest Brett F

There's no such thing as 'EGOS' Brett mate it's called 'FEAR'! They coincide with each other and one cannot exist without the other.

Jesus Wayne, take more water with it mate....laugh.gif

No problem with all who have posted on the topic or left a rsvp in facebook, I have all your names down... Just a message to any others who aint contacted me yet.... Just wanna make sure you aint left waiting on the door...

We can leave this space for other event chat, just pm me or email... Any coming down early will be fine, its just gonna get very busy after 10pm..

cheers

Err think I've already told Lyds but can't remember...

Been away from the pc all day...

Got pms and names added to list.. cheers..

Will get details of food available and parking tomorrow..

All room in the upstairs room/ bar is reserved and full now...

No problem as it on two floors.. Just beware its gonna be very busy and so get down early...

cheers....

Edited by little-stevie

the Giant that is Dave ripoles :laugh:

I've been called a few things, Mark.....but never that:ohmy: .

Can't wait for Friday, sounds like it's gonna be a packer. Steve was on Great form at the Greatstone the other week, and really looking forward to playing out with George and Adam again......last time was a drunken triple decking session to two old fellas and a deaf dog at the Kings Arms, and Adam nearly left his records in the cab on the way home:beer: ......

It's gonna be fun.

D

I've been called a few things, Mark.....but never thatohmy.gif .

Can't wait for Friday, sounds like it's gonna be a packer. Steve was on Great form at the Greatstone the other week, and really looking forward to playing out with George and Adam again......last time was a drunken triple decking session to two old fellas and a deaf dog at the Kings Arms, and Adam nearly left his records in the cab on the way homebeer.gif ......

It's gonna be fun.

D

David,

You are of course a colossus and, as the authorities have asked me to attend this event in order to sedate the over excitable Big Al 'The Ladies Pal' Darker, I look forward to hearing another instalment of the new crossover concept know as 'dave music' as well as the strange yet wonderful platters no doubt being displayed by the rest of the rampant viking cohorts on the decks.

see you friday evening

dean

cheers for that Carms

Not sure about some of them photo's but thats for a eating guide aint it.. The bistro will be open to around 9pm, we will then have it cleared to give us more space...

There are photos of the bar on the website but its not easy to get a true feel of the space from them... The layout will be different for our event but it gives you a guide... The seating/ lighting will be different both upstairs and down plus it won't look that glitzy with some of you lot in there :thumbsup:

We shall see soon enough..

Edited by little-stevie

I've been called a few things, Mark.....but never thatohmy.gif .

Can't wait for Friday, sounds like it's gonna be a packer. Steve was on Great form at the Greatstone the other week, and really looking forward to playing out with George and Adam again......last time was a drunken triple decking session to two old fellas and a deaf dog at the Kings Arms, and Adam nearly left his records in the cab on the way homebeer.gif ......

It's gonna be fun.

D

Dave you may not be tall but you are a giant in my eyes (musically that is). And how is Dean going to keep anyone in line when he cant keep himself in line :wicked: The taxi best place for some of Adams records wicked.gif

Mark

Just getting the last few details together...

Any coming by car, please check the link to NCP car parks.. https://www.ncp.co.uk/manchester/

We are in Piccadilly and plenty NCP,Dale St, London Road, Tibb St etc.. All just a few mins walk to the venue..

Happy birthday to Big George today annd we will have a few beers over the weekend i guess :lol:

dj times...

gonna be there from 7pm if any are coming early for food....

8pm.. Steve..

8.20..Wayne

8.40..George

9pm.. Dave

9.20..Gareth

9.50.. Adam

10.20..Steve

11pm.. Wayne

11.40.. George

12.20.. Dave

1.00.. Gareth

1.30.. Adam..

2pm.. double deck to close.. time depends on how many are still there :lol:

Hope them times are ok, if any problems then let me know..

11.40..Dave

Edited by little-stevie
Guest SoulRenaissance

Just getting the last few details together...

Any coming by car, please check the link to NCP car parks.. https://www.ncp.co.uk/manchester/

We are in Piccadilly and plenty NCP,Dale St, London Road, Tibb St etc.. All just a few mins walk to the venue..

Happy birthday to Big George today annd we will have a few beers over the weekend i guess shades.gif

dj times...

gonna be there from 7pm if any are coming early for food....

8pm.. Steve..

8.20..Wayne

8.40..George

9pm.. Dave

9.20..Gareth

9.50.. Adam

10.20..Steve

11pm.. Wayne

11.40.. George

12.20.. Dave

1.00.. Gareth

1.30.. Adam..

2pm.. double deck to close.. time depends on how many are still there hatsoff2.gif

Hope them times are ok, if any problems then let me know..

11.40..Dave

Not sure what time i'm gonna be there, but been looking forward to this for a while. A cracking lineup, looks like it's going to be a very good night.

See you there.

Martyn

Source Advert