Overpriced, Overgraded Non Demanders

Welcome to the worst sales list in history, it's only saving grace is that it's not very long! My advice is just hit the back button before even looking.....

Price includes postage.

Payment accepted by paypal only.

Money back if you're not happy.

PS.....they are for sale and are graded correctly :rolleyes:. Comments are not intended to cause offence in any way, but if they do.........tough sh*t I humbly apologise.

1. Betty Wilson - Don't Give Up - Dayco. EX £40

I used to really like this record and I think all of the people who were making funny slidey sort of steps on the dancefloor did as well. Luckily a world renowned expert in soul music made me see the error of my ways and I now agree that this is an awful tuneless mess with little soulful content. So don't buy it, it's sh*t.

2. Ozone - Mighty Mighty - Motown wdj. Mint £4

Anyone who even considers buying this will no longer be allowed to claim they are part of the soul scene as they obviously know nothing about it. Spend £4 on a record.....when there are far, far inferior modern dancers that you could buy for £400??? Go on, out, don't come back and close the door as you leave. Some people, no idea.

3. Freddy King - Now I've Got A Woman - Federal. EX+ £45

On a roll with this 45 and this is my big chance for a hat-trick! Twice I've listed it for sale, twice it's been reserved and twice I've never been paid for it.......so come on, make this 3 in a row.....order it, then totally ignore all attempts at contact and never pay.

4. Barbara Banks - Ain't I Worth A Dime - Smash DJ. EX £80

Like uptempo 60s soul that make you want to jump up and rush to the dancefloor??? Me too, which is why I'm selling this heart wrenchingly boring 'beat ballad' which is apparently held in high esteem by those who favour the style. One of my proudest moments was listening to this from start to end.....and not falling asleep!

5. Cassius Clay - Stand By Me - Columbia. VG+(lots of light marks, plays great) £25

You What? First the bloke nicks Ben E. King's song, then on the other side does a song called 'I Am The Greatest'. FFS who does he think he is...Muhammed Ali? Cheeky git.

6. Gladys Tyler - Mr. Green, Mrs. Green - Decca. EX £100

It has recently been announced by the Coventry section leader of the soul police that RnB is sh*t and the reason for the entire demise of the scene. So please don't risk ruining everything and avoid spending time in 'Soul Jail'....people are watching so shhh,don't buy this it's not worth the risk.

7. Lee Greenwood - Think It Over - Dot. M- £40

They used to cover the labels of this 45 before playing it and do you want to know why?? Well, it's because he's white and we all know white guys can't do soul...expecially northern soul!!

8. Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery - Groovy. EX £45

Are you daft? Don't buy this when you can get one on eBay for over $200. Think how unimpressed your mates will be when they realise what a tight git you are. SOLD

9. Gloria Jones - Tainted Love - Champion WDJ. EX £225

Soft Cell must bitterly regret letting this no hoper of a singer do a cover of their song, bloody well destroyed it she has! Plus why pay this much when there's hundreds of 'original 70s pressings' of it for sale everywhere and they're much cheaper.

10. Blendels - Did You Mean/You Need Love - Dontee. Mint £7

Now this is more like it, £7 and it almost looks kinda like an original one so why spend big money on getting the real deal when for £7 you could play this in your DJ set at all the venues who don't care about bootlegs. Seen this described as a 'limited pressing, now hard to find'....well it ain't hard to find in my garage, trip over the box of them almost every time I go in there.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Some crazy fool with more sense than money has bought the Darrow Fletcher......hang your head in shame man for not spending far more to acquire this record :rolleyes:.

Cheers for the comments everyone good.gif

Ezzie, you are a superstar and often referred to in my house as the Ezzie 'Buys My Crap 45s' Brown. There can't be anyone with a bigger collection of totally awful records than your good self :hatsoff2::shades:. I'm almost tempted to double the price of Gladys Tyler though......if you think it's rubbish then it must actually be the best record available to buy on the whole of soul source :D:glare:

Social source share

Very Funny Adamthumbup.gif

Im tempted to say that youve overpriced Betty Wilson by £39.99 but I know that you know you have- Id rather go for that other one shes done for a fiver (I think its called "Im yours" - or something like that)

BTW I think £300 postage is very reasonable!laugh.gif Others on here should take a leaf out of your book - Then put it back cos thats stealing!

Social source share

Guest JimSLH

Great sales pitch Adamlaugh.gif

2. Ozone - Mighty Mighty - Motown wdj. Mint £4; i will hang my head in shame that i got this off ya a while backg.gif ..I knew i should have offered you more money ph34r.gif

Romford Market barrow boy???

Social source share

2. Ozone - Mighty Mighty - Motown wdj. Mint £4; i will hang my head in shame that i got this off ya a while backg.gif ..I knew i should have offered you more money ph34r.gif

Hi mate, sure I told you at the time that £4 is a pathetic amount to spend on a 45. You'll never earn the respect of the 'real soulies' if you continue to spend so little, I'm bitterly disappointed in you.....you should follow the splendid example set by West Ham by wasting huge sums of money on totally average and in many cases below average records (or in West Hams case players) whistling.gif

Give me a call if you're not working Monday mate, not posted ya parcel yet but got a thing or two you might like to add to it :thumbsup:

Very Funny Adamthumbup.gif

Im tempted to say that youve overpriced Betty Wilson by £39.99 but I know that you know you have- Id rather go for that other one shes done for a fiver (I think its called "Im yours" - or something like that)

BTW I think £300 postage is very reasonable!laugh.gif Others on here should take a leaf out of your book - Then put it back cos thats stealing!

£5 for 'I'm Yours' :ohmy:. Yet another example of paying over the odds and putting rarity above quality. Worse than the Barbara Banks on my list....no chance could I listen to the full length of 'I'm Yours' without falling to sleep or dying of boredom :sleep3:.

£300 postage is purely what I get charged by the PO for sending one 45 wrapped in just a piece of paper. That is of course second class, for first class it's £400 but I would include a scruffy, ripped sleeve to put the record in for that price.

Social source share

it was made after december 31st 1969 so cant be soul can it!!? you conned me out of £4 also angry.gif i want you to refund my swiss bank account right away or i will be forced to buy another copy and sell it for a vast profitph34r.gif

Social source share

it was made after december 31st 1969 so cant be soul can it!!? you conned me out of £4 also angry.gif i want you to refund my swiss bank account right away or i will be forced to buy another copy and sell it for a vast profitph34r.gif

Conned, CONNED???? How very dare you! I would never con you Flanny...... I'd rob ya, rip ya off and vastly overcharge ya but con ya.......that's an insult to my dishonesty :thumbsup:. I've tried to refund your swiss account but keep getting a message saying 'this account has been closed by the FBI whilst the account holder is investigated for crimes against quality music' so I'm afraid you'll just have to buy another one. Then when you try to sell it I'll vastly undercut your price so you end up stuck with 2 copies of this total pile of dog poo shades.gif. Will be a long wait in hell before I run out of copies and can no longer undercut you.

Ok, it was made after 1969 but it's motown so therefore qualifies as being soul under the Soul Police Rule Book, Chapter 908, Section 63, Subsection 1074. Before anybody mentions it yes I am using the latest edition of the aforementioned Rule Book, edition 546.

On a slightly different note I feel I need to readvertise the Ozone 45 as such:

2. Ozone - Mighty Mighty - Motown wdj. Mint £4 £125

Currently a massive spin for none other than legendary top DJ Flanny, who is rumoured to be buying all the copies he can find. Grab this copy quick before the price rockets into four figures. Remember the wannabe DJ motto 'Why Have Your Own Taste, When Money Can Buy You Someone Else's Playlist? Sheep, Sheep, Sheep!'

Social source share

You've sold me plenty of "sh*t" in the past Adam - mind you one piece of crap ("bag") you sold me you even felt sorry for me after I frisbied it about at DKOF and then bought it back!!! - only to sell it to some poor sod a couple of months later later!! WHY?

Hi Ray and a happy New Year to you mate :D.

What a great record 'bag' is as well, very unlikely to see one of those again :lol:. Wouldn't have sold that (again) if I thought at the time I had any other option. The horror of standing on the threshold of divorce was the culprit I'm afraid.....it seemed to be a foregone conclusion and I needed money fast, or faced being homeless cos I didn't have the money to set up house on my own. Only way to get the sort of money I would have needed in such a short space of time was to offer up my own collection for sale. Bloody hurt selling them! Thankfully things worked out at home and domestic life is now better than ever, plenty of regrets about the stuff I sold but in desperate times you take desperate steps and a place to live suitable for the kids to come and stay was more important than the vinyl :lol::D. Totally changed the way I think of my records, the personal attachment to them has gone. Still buying plenty but now I'll happily sell any of them...if I was offered the right money.

When you get a minute PM me the dates for the City Club this year, can't find them anywhere and want them so I can get over to you guys as early in the year as poss good.gif

Adam.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!