Pete S

• Replies 8
  • Views 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It refers to the three major industry magazine charts at the time: Billboard, Cashbox and Record World.

Thanks Sebastian I thought BB could be billboard but couldn't think of the others.

It looks like they were cataloging where it was being given airtime, its chart position, and sales volumes on a given date but I wonder why?

If this was just for a file it would very quickly be out of date and why would you use colour print.

Maybe it was a 'sales' tool to show new stockists how 'good' the record was but again thats a lot of data to fill in for a single stockist.

Perhaps more likely to get additional airplay as although the list of call signs is long its a long way from being a complete list of either cities or all their local stations.

New York had a lot more than just the three shown for example.

I guess it just turned up with a recent purchase Pete?

Social source share

Thanks Sebastian I thought BB could be billboard but couldn't think of the others.

It looks like they were cataloging where it was being given airtime, its chart position, and sales volumes on a given date but I wonder why?

If this was just for a file it would very quickly be out of date and why would you use colour print.

Maybe it was a 'sales' tool to show new stockists how 'good' the record was but again thats a lot of data to fill in for a single stockist.

Perhaps more likely to get additional airplay as although the list of call signs is long its a long way from being a complete list of either cities or all their local stations.

New York had a lot more than just the three shown for example.

I guess it just turned up with a recent purchase Pete?

It was actually with the item below but I believe 100% that it was not originally with that item!

post-1893-12629570210522_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I've had a couple of those test pressings at least two with the labels detatched but in the sleeve. Never in a sleeve like that though I'd have kept it.

Well I asked the person who bought the record if he'd like the sleeve and he said yes so I gave it him.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!