Is This Obscure?

Hi folks and a happy new year.

I have just picked up this tune out of a charity shop and wondered if it was obscure or not?

It's really nice whatever, and the reason i bought it was because of the writer and not having heard it before.

'Wayne Fontana - Come on home' on Fontana 1966 written by 'J Edwards' (Jackie Edwards)?

It's an excellent mid tempo dancer.

I have a sneaky feeling that I have heard it before maybe by Jackie Edwards? might be wrong but seems familiar.

Any info appreciated.

wayne.jpg

OK, just found out it's not obscure, loads around for anything from £2 - £20., and Just realised it is the 'B' side of 'I feel so bad' Jackie Edwards on the UK re-release.

Thanks anyway

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi folks and a happy new year.

I have just picked up this tune out of a charity shop and wondered if it was obscure or not?

It's really nice whatever, and the reason i bought it was because of the writer and not having heard it before.

'Wayne Fontana - Come on home' on Fontana 1966 written by 'J Edwards' (Jackie Edwards)?

It's an excellent mid tempo dancer.

I have a sneaky feeling that I have heard it before maybe by Jackie Edwards? might be wrong but seems familiar.

Any info appreciated.

wayne.jpg

OK, just found out it's not obscure, loads around for anything from £2 - £20., and Just realised it is the 'B' side of 'I feel so bad' Jackie Edwards on the UK re-release.

Thanks anyway

came out in the states on MGM i believe by Wayne Fontana

Jackies Island release got played out late 6ts at the bells/Horse and Groom and Brown Cow,Mansfield

I know cos Ive still got copy

Bub played it at Cleethorpes weekender as Well

Social source share

Thanks for your help, It is a really nice version of the Jackie Edwards track, and whether it's not rare or obscure, still worth the 50p that I paid for it I reckon. It'll stay in the box for a bit.

Are there any other 'Cover' versions of Soul classics that were released on major UK labels does anyone know?

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!