Jersey Soul Weekender Feb 19Th 22Nd 2010

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Event Date: 19-February 10 ends 22-February 10 (Ranged Event)

WE ARE PLEASED TO CONFIRM THE THIRD

NORTHERN SOUL AND MOTOWN WEEKENDER

IN JERSEY CHANNEL ISLANDS

FOR ALL THE DETAILS VISIT OURV WEB SITE www.fitzsoul.co.uk

hi there...just had a quick look at the site but i cant seem to find the dj line up...

hi there...just had a quick look at the site but i cant seem to find the dj line up...

HI ,

Here is a little sample of the line up

THE MAN HIMSELF (Nottingham)

BRIDGEY (York)

JOOLS METCALFE (Bradford)

DANNY CLEGG (Southport)

BIG CLIVE .H. (Alfreton)

REX CARDY Jersey ex(Manchester)

CHRIS FROST Jersey ex(Leicester)

MALC FALLE (Brittany France)

PAUL Jersey ex(Manchester)

more to follow

HI ,

Here is a little sample of the line up

THE MAN HIMSELF (Nottingham)

BRIDGEY (York)

JOOLS METCALFE (Bradford)

DANNY CLEGG (Southport)

BIG CLIVE .H. (Alfreton)

REX CARDY Jersey ex(Manchester)

CHRIS FROST Jersey ex(Leicester)

MALC FALLE (Brittany France)

PAUL Jersey ex(Manchester)

more to follow

Edited by algsoul

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

booked and ready got to be better weather than bradford

cant wait to spin a few tune

AUP MATE,HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE AT THE HAROLD CLUB OVER XMAS,NOW THEN SAW YOU DJING AT THIS WEEKENDER,IS THERE GOING TO BE ONE ON IN NOVEMBER,AS THATS THE ONE WE PLANNING ON GOING TO,TRIED TO RING FITZY NO ANSWER,KTF,CARL,EAST MIDS SOUL CREW,thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

Hi Carl,

Not too sure if Fitzy is running a weekender this November. Pity you can't make this one in February, you won't be dis-appointed. We had a fantastic weekend both February & November 2009. Last time I spoke to Fitzy the booked numbers were very high, so looks like February is going to be another sell-out (like last February).

Now there are two rooms and the second room being mainly a "Club Classics & Motown Room" it's made a massive difference to "The Main-room".

Try Fitzy on: 07831458780 or e-mail him: fitzy@fitzsoul.co.uk

If all that fails, then reply on here or PM him. He could be away from the computer mate. But I do know he will definitely get back to you.

All the best and hopefully catch up with you at a venue or if things change and you make February. Take Care.

KTF...................... Bridgey.

Edited by Bridgey

Hi Carl,

Not too sure if Fitzy is running a weekender this November. Pity you can't make this one in February, you won't be dis-appointed. We had a fantastic weekend both February & November 2009. Last time I spoke to Fitzy the booked numbers were very high, so looks like February is going to be another sell-out (like last February).

Now there are two rooms and the second room being mainly a "Club Classics & Motown Room" it's made a massive difference to "The Main-room".

Try Fitzy on: 07831458780 or e-mail him: fitzy@fitzsoul.co.uk

If all that fails, then reply on here or PM him. He could be away from the computer mate. But I do know he will definitely get back to you.

All the best and hopefully catch up with you at a venue or if things change and you make February. Take Care.

KTF...................... Bridgey.

Hi Bridgey

i've spoken to carl on the phone and he is going to see if they want to come this Feb we will see, p.s can you ask Danny to send me his booking form

see you in six weeks FITZY

The website www.fitzsoul.co.uk has now been updated with the confirmed DJ line up so far.

Also, booking options are now available for Independent Travellers and Channel Island Residents. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

Check out these YouTube videos to see what a good time we had last February ... CliveToBridgey ... BridgeyToFitzy ...

... Shakin ... and come and join us in a few weeks time.

Check out theses pictures from the November Weekender, including the label scans for some of the vinyl played ...

NOVEMBER PICS

KTF

Edited by greasychipbutty

The website www.fitzsoul.co.uk has now been updated with the confirmed DJ line up so far.

Also, booking options are now available for Independent Travellers and Channel Island Residents. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

Check out these YouTube videos to see what a good time we had last February ... CliveToBridgey ... BridgeyToFitzy ...

... Shakin ... and come and join us in a few weeks time.

Check out theses pictures from the November Weekender, including the label scans for some of the vinyl played ...

NOVEMBER PICS

KTF

hi jim, looked on the site it's looking good lots of deals for the independent traveller, so if you want to make your own way over to Jersey

a weekend pass is only £15 check it out

Hi fitzy and soulies,

Looking forward to this weekender in febuary, I Dj''d for fitzy at the november weekender and it was a great weekender, the sound system (awesome) rooms (awesome) hotel (awesome) soulies (awesome) and Tunes played (awesome). couldn't fault it and had a great time in november.

looking forward to spinnin more tunes in feb.

Book it! you will have a great time

many thanks

Danny Clegg ( Southport)

www.soul-at-the-mill.webs.com

K.T.F

Hi fitzy and soulies,

Looking forward to this weekender in febuary, I Dj''d for fitzy at the november weekender and it was a great weekender, the sound system (awesome) rooms (awesome) hotel (awesome) soulies (awesome) and Tunes played (awesome). couldn't fault it and had a great time in november.

many thanks

Danny Clegg ( Southport)

K.T.F

Hey Up Danny,

Linda say's; She's not taking her water wings this time because you are a trained "Lifeguard"....thumbsup.gif

KTF................ Bridgey & Linda....:thumbup:

Hi fitzy and soulies,

many thanks

Danny Clegg ( Southport)

K.T.F

Hey Up Danny,

Forgot to tell you. Just booked the same car park again at Manchester Airport.

Securapark,

Rowlandsway,

Wythenshawe,

M22 5RG

I went onto: skyparksecure.com and then found the "Securapark" through that link.

4 days secure parking and take your keys with you: £9.72 + £1.95 (Admin) Total Paid: £11.67....... Mega Cheep....thumbsup.gif (£2.91 per day)

I wish it was that cheep to park here in York. (£1.70 per hour in York)

KTF............... Bridgey....:thumbup:

Can you tell me when the next Festival do is,am more interested in the soul and motown night. I really do hope that Stage 1 takes off again that was another great venue.........

Kaz

Can you tell me when the next Festival do is,am more interested in the soul and motown night. I really do hope that Stage 1 takes off again that was another great venue.........

Kaz

Hello Kaz,

If you go onto Fitzy's web site: www.fitzsoul.co.uk Fitzy advertise's all his venues and dates on there. We have been (I guest DJ'd) at both his Northern Night and Motown Night. We had two brilliant nights out. The Motown nights are purely Club Classic's & Motown and his Northern Night's are a Mixture of Northern & Motown.

Good Luck and Happy Souling....thumbsup.gif

KTF.................. Bridgey & Linda (York)thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Hello Kaz,

If you go onto Fitzy's web site: www.fitzsoul.co.uk Fitzy advertise's all his venues and dates on there. We have been (I guest DJ'd) at both his Northern Night and Motown Night. We had two brilliant nights out. The Motown nights are purely Club Classic's & Motown and his Northern Night's are a Mixture of Northern & Motown.

Good Luck and Happy Souling....thumbsup.gif

KTF.................. Bridgey & Linda (York):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the info will keep looking at the website. Do you know if and when you might come down and dj again as i know that you have been in the past to the federation,annesley and central soul club,all in the nottingham area.

Thanks for the info will keep looking at the website. Do you know if and when you might come down and dj again as i know that you have been in the past to the federation,annesley and central soul club,all in the nottingham area.

Hiya Kaz,

Fitzy asked me to Guest DJ at The Festival Inn's Anniversary this year. The date is yet TBC, so hopefully catch up with you there.

The next time I'm down your way is: Central Soul Club, Nottingham on Friday 26th March. (I'm Guest DJ)

It'll be nice to see you there if you can make it....:D

Happy souling wherever you get to....thumbsup.gif

KTF.................. Bridgey & Linda....:thumbup:

PS; I've just spoke to Fitzy and the booked numbers travelling over are very high (there are still places available) but it does look like it's going to be another sell-out like last February. If you thinking of going (you won't be disappointed), book now. Take Care.

Hi fitzy,

Not long to go now till jersey, got some new records to play. i got a load of flyers printed off in full colour that will be at the mill and other local events.

I better get looking through my records soon on what to bring and what not to.

See you soon

Danny Clegg

K.T.F

booked and ready got to be better weather than bradford

cant wait to spin a few tunes

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for doing a great job on the shoes. Trouble is now, they are that heavy, I can just about manage to dance through 1 record with them on....LOL laugh.gif LOL

Linda weighed them and they have took up half of my flight weight limit....whistling.gif

Then again, she has packed the bloody kitchen sink as per usual, so no room for my stuff....g.gif

Thanks again mate....thumbsup.gif See you at the airport in "2 Weeks"....biggrin.gif

KTF.................. Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gif

Edited by Bridgey

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for doing a great job on the shoes. Trouble is now, they are that heavy, I can just about manage to dance through 1 record with them on....LOL laugh.gif LOL

Linda weighed them and they have took up half of my flight weight limit....whistling.gif

Then again, she has packed the bloody kitchen sink as per usual,

so no room for my stuff....g.gif

(plenty of soul left in them old shoes)

Thanks again mate....thumbsup.gif See you at the airport in "2 Weeks"....biggrin.gif

KTF.................. Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gif

Edited by algsoul
Guest Neil Taylor

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A CRACKING WEEKEND OVER IN JERSEY.

I LIVED THERE IN THE MID 1980`S,PITY THERE WAS`NT ANYTHING LIKE THIS THEN.

MY SISTER WILL BE FLYING THE FLAG FOR THE ROCHDALE CLAN,SHE`S ASKED ME "WHAT TO ASK THE DJ`S FOR".SO I GAVE HER A FEW TIP`S.

HAVE A GOOD ONE,AND LONG MAY IT CONTINUE,

REGARDS....NEIL

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A CRACKING WEEKEND OVER IN JERSEY.

I LIVED THERE IN THE MID 1980`S,PITY THERE WAS`NT ANYTHING LIKE THIS THEN.

MY SISTER WILL BE FLYING THE FLAG FOR THE ROCHDALE CLAN,SHE`S ASKED ME "WHAT TO ASK THE DJ`S FOR".SO I GAVE HER A FEW TIP`S.

HAVE A GOOD ONE,AND LONG MAY IT CONTINUE,

REGARDS....NEIL

Hey Up Neil,

Tell your sister to say hello. If I've got it with me, I will definitely play it for her. She will have a great time. It really is a nice hotel right in the middle of St Helier, so she will get the best of both worlds (as they say!!!).

All the best mate.

KTF......................... Bridgey & Linda (now living in York) but Ex Accrington & Burnley....thumbup.gif