Burscough British Legion Sat 23Rd January

BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION

LORD STREET

BURSCOUGH

LANCS L40 4BZ.

SATURDAY 23rd JANUARY AND EVERY FOURTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH.

Yes folks, the return of the greatest little Soul Club in the world (well thats what it says here anyway), BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION!!! :P

A new year, a new decade and another twelve months of superb music-----kickin' off on Saturday 23rd January!!! Underplayed oldies, uptempo R&B, Nighter sounds, rarer and underplayed tunes and much more------if you fancy listening to something a little different come along to the Legion every fourth Saturday of the month. We have some of the countries top DJs lined up for this year, every month a different line-up to ensure consistency and quality all year long!!

DJs for January:

Tony Foster

Killa

Keith "Soul Searcher" Williams

Keith Brady

Tony Brookes

The night runs from 8pm-----1am with a bar till 12 and entry is £5 on the door.

Happy New Year to all who have supported us at the Legion over the last few years------here's to another twelve months of great music at Burscough Legion!! :yes:

Info: 07855011505

• Replies 88
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION

LORD STREET

BURSCOUGH

LANCS L40 4BZ.

SATURDAY 23rd JANUARY AND EVERY FOURTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH.

Yes folks, the return of the greatest little Soul Club in the world (well thats what it says here anyway), BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION!!! thumbup.gif

A new year, a new decade and another twelve months of superb music-----kickin' off on Saturday 23rd January!!! Underplayed oldies, uptempo R&B, Nighter sounds, rarer and underplayed tunes and much more------if you fancy listening to something a little different come along to the Legion every fourth Saturday of the month. We have some of the countries top DJs lined up for this year, every month a different line-up to ensure consistency and quality all year long!!

DJs for January:

Tony Foster

Killa

Keith "Soul Searcher" Williams

Keith Brady

Tony Brookes

The night runs from 8pm-----1am with a bar till 12 and entry is £5 on the door.

Happy New Year to all who have supported us at the Legion over the last few years------here's to another twelve months of great music at Burscough Legion!! thumbsup.gif

Info: 07855011505

going from strength to strength tony,word is spreading fast about this fantastic event,see you on the 23rd

Always a pleasure to see you and the Smurfster at the Legion Mr Porky------if you want I'll even play the request I spun for you on New Years Eve!

If you're good, that is...............:tongue:thumbsup.gif

Now then Jock -----------soz I mean Brookesy n Lisa

:innocent:Me n Porky Yorkie will b there to dance to that good old request, besides its me who is ALWAYS good and he is the bad influance. Of course you already knew that didn't ya.

Mick Cooper always calls me Angel

Yes -- Burscough is a great club really looking forward to spinning my tunes and will even bring some records for sale (100 box) so dont be shy........... SEE YA THEN

Looking forward to hearing your tunes at the Legion Keith, should be a great night!! :thumbsup:

See you on the 23rd!! :thumbup:

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO YET ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT AT THE LEGION.

GREAT DANCEFLOOR, GREAT PEOPLE AND EXCELLENT MUSIC!! WHAT MORE DOES ANYONE WANT?!!

SEE YOU THERE! :thumbup:

Glad you'll be able to make it on the 23rd, back to our normal music policy at the Legion after New Years Eve and we know we're in for a treat with this line-up!! :yes:

Great line up Tony

All being well I will see you there

John Boy

Cheers John.......you wanna be careful, you're getting to be a regular at the Legion.............:D:lol:

We've got some great DJs lined up all year, you never know you may even know one or two of them......................:thumbsup::D

Guest porky yorkie

Always a pleasure to see you and the Smurfster at the Legion Mr Porky------if you want I'll even play the request I spun for you on New Years Eve!

If you're good, that is...............tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

Yeah I'll let you play my request, only cos I got to see you as the fairy on/in the Christmas tree at theLittle Fifteen.

Guest porky yorkie

Ey up you two, has Grizzly Pete shaved that bum fluff off yet or is he still going for the George Michael designer stubble look.........??? :chinstroke::D

I'm gonna have to shave it off any, cos when I've got my wooly hat on I look like a bloody terrorist from Bin Ladens army.

ph34r.gif Good news it safe to come out ...............its gone, you will never know how happy I am. Pete looks human again thumbsup.gif

I think that would take more than shaving a few chin hairs off--------if you get my drift..............:thumbup:

Anyway wots all this about the Christmas tree in Little Fifteen------I didn't disgrace myself or owt, did I?? :D:thumbup:

Guest porky yorkie

I think that would take more than shaving a few chin hairs off--------if you get my drift..............whistling

Anyway wots all this about the Christmas tree in Little Fifteen------I didn't disgrace myself or owt, did I?? :chinstroke::laugh:

It wasn't the fairy impression you need to worry about.

I'd be more worried about your need to look like Jane Torvillewhistling gettin' to the car.

I heard Keith's spot at J17, you're in for a real soulful treat:thumbsup:

It's always a pleasure to go Burscough, a really nice place with great soulies, love itthumbup.gif

I'm sure you've also got a few goodies stashed away for Burscough, Tony!!

Really looking forward to the night and it will be great to see you both again. :thumbsup:

Guest porky yorkie

I'm sure you've also got a few goodies stashed away for Burscough, Tony!!

Really looking forward to the night and it will be great to see you both again. thumbsup.gif

Aye Brooksey you ain't got some half bad toons yer sen.

You always seem to pull the odd couple out what I ain't heard before but they always get me on the floor.

So ears to another stormer of a night at Burscough.

Aye Brooksey you ain't got some half bad toons yer sen.

You always seem to pull the odd couple out what I ain't heard before but they always get me on the floor.

So ears to another stormer of a night at Burscough.

Been buying a few more over the last few weeks-----------will give them a spin on the 23rd!! :thumbup:

I'll certainly be giving a few rare tunes a spin thumbup.gif

Its certainly shaping up to be a top evening-------Burscough Legion is a great monthly venue that has always stuck to its music policy and we celebrate our third anniversary in June so we must be doing something right!! :P

Often imitated, seldom equalled, never bettered-----Burscough Legion, every fourth Saturday of the month!! :thumbup:

Don't worry Brooksey, I will be back on form for next week was a hard party we went too. king.gif I obviously won't tell anyone that u was dancing to SLADE and admitted to being a closet slade fan shhh.gif

Looking foward to another great nite at Burscough.

Smurfy

Nowt wrong to dancin' to Slade after ten pints of lager------get down get with it baby!! :unsure:

Enjoyed Petes spot at Bury last night, some good stuff played there--------see you both on Saturday!! thumbsup.gif

Guest dollythered

Nowt wrong to dancin' to Slade after ten pints of lager------get down get with it baby!! :laugh:

Enjoyed Petes spot at Bury last night, some good stuff played there--------see you both on Saturday!! thumbsup.gif

Hya mate

lookin forward to sat night,im just comin round after friday night,what a cracker,thanks to you all for turning up,see you saturday

dolly

Hya mate

lookin forward to sat night,im just comin round after friday night,what a cracker,thanks to you all for turning up,see you saturday

dolly

We had a really good time at your party Dolly------loadsa laughs, great company and the highlight of the night was your good self singing "Long after tonight is all over" on stage at the end of the evening!! Thanks for inviting us. :thumbsup:

Priceless!!!-------see you on Saturday!! :hatsoff2:

Well, after just about recovering from one smashing weekend, I got another cracker to look forward to thumbup.gif

I really like the look of this line-up ya got Mr Brookes. I think we are all in for a treat. Reckon I might need an extra shirt in me bag for this one sweatingbullets.gifbiggrin.gif

Hope you've recovered after Saturday Martin, looked like you'd had a really good day mate!! :lol:

See you on Saturday---------we'll be kickin' off round about 7.45ish so if you fancy it get in there early doors for some super soulful sounds........................:yes:thumbsup.gif

Guest porky yorkie

Hya mate

dolly

'ey up Dolly

I think the most of us who attended your birthday bash are still recoverin',

it were worth attendin' just to see the smurfster in her frock and heels.

Gotta say I'm lookin' forward to Killa's spot after some of the tunes he played last weekend.

So Brooksey what are these tunes you've been buyin' then?

'ey up Dolly

I think the most of us who attended your birthday bash are still recoverin',

it were worth attendin' just to see the smurfster in her frock and heels.

Gotta say I'm lookin' forward to Killa's spot after some of the tunes he played last weekend.

So Brooksey what are these tunes you've been buyin' then?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.................:unsure: Can't really say what I've been buying, you'll just have to wait and see young man................:thumbsup:

Killa always does a tremendous spot, and along with Tony and Keith we have a top line up------theres sure to be some top tunes played throughout the evening! And not forgetting the legendary Mr Brady of course, he played a superb set last time he was on at the Legion, suprised a few people that night so it will be interesting to hear his selections on Saturday!! :thumbsup:

Guest porky yorkie

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.................g.gif Can't really say what I've been buying, you'll just have to wait and see young man................yes.gif

OOOh You tease......

Hope you've recovered after Saturday Martin, looked like you'd had a really good day mate!! laugh.gif

See you on Saturday---------we'll be kickin' off round about 7.45ish so if you fancy it get in there early doors for some super soulful sounds........................yes.gifthumbsup.gif

Do you know something, I think I have recovered now, but only just. Bad news that afternoon drinking mullarkey, good job I was havin' a dance at night.

Will see ya early doors on Saturday !!

Looking forward to it thumbup.gif

Do you know something, I think I have recovered now, but only just. Bad news that afternoon drinking mullarkey, good job I was havin' a dance at night.

Will see ya early doors on Saturday !!

Looking forward to it :thumbup:

Glad you're feeling yourself again Martin........(oooooooh, matron.........:lol: ) as long as you enjoyed yourself on Saturday nowt else matters!!

A bit of good news regarding the Legion---------Beryl from behind the bar is back with us!! After an enforced absence due to a bout of illness its great to see her fit and well again-----we'll have to make sure we buy her a coupla pints on Saturday!! :lol:

Glad you're feeling yourself again Martin........(oooooooh, matron.........ohmy.gif ) as long as you enjoyed yourself on Saturday nowt else matters!!

A bit of good news regarding the Legion---------Beryl from behind the bar is back with us!! After an enforced absence due to a bout of illness its great to see her fit and well again-----we'll have to make sure we buy her a coupla pints on Saturday!! thumbup.gif

looking forward to saturday,should be a cracker,give you a ring tony