Whereare They

Guest JIM BARRY

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Do any of the members know if the following are on this site.

John Hillel

ChrisChurm

Carl Willingham

Smila

Dave Slater

Hi Jim, and welcome to Soul Source. I don't think I have seen you since The Birch in Ashton.

I see John's brother Richard most weeks, and John I saw at Radcliffe.

Also see Carl & Maria ever now and than, don't think I have seen any of others for a while.

Check the members list, Carl and Richard are on here. thumbsup.gif

Dave.

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Hi Jim, and welcome to Soul Source. I don't think I have seen you since The Birch in Ashton.

Also see Carl & Maria ever now and than, don't think I have seen any of others for a while.

Dave.

Hi Dave nice tohear from you. Taking ages to get used to this techno ,never typed before but finding it great . will be getting about soon. take care.

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

Jim, You can catch Chris Churm at the greatstone on the third saturday of the month at the rare soul nite, get down and have a beer - are you collecting records again yet ?

Glenn H - Macclesfield.

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Dave.

Richard Hillel is on here as souljer6,Yes John and Richard were at Radcliffe and Carl and Maria were at the last Heywood civic.

Steve

Social source share

Richard Hillel is on here as souljer6,Yes John and Richard were at Radcliffe and Carl and Maria were at the last Heywood civic.

Steve

Smila is a regular at Heywood-but he's in Mexico at the mo(Tw&t), he also lurks on here but don't know how to typeshades.gif

Carl and Maria are also on here.

ATB

Tony

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Jim, You can catch Chris Churm at the greatstone on the third saturday of the month at the rare soul nite, get down and have a beer - are you collecting records again yet ?

Glenn H - Macclesfield.

Hi Glenn. Great to hear from you, been away all weekend so no acsessto pc. Not collecting again i would never get back what i had.Will defo make Greatstone, looking forwards to seeing you again and catching up. Take care.

Social source share

Hi Jim,good to see you on here mate Mick H was playing a few of your tunes at Prestatyn in Octoberyes.gif Carl & Maria are to be found at the Taste of Honey soul nights at the Hellfire Club (used to be the Junction pub) in Harpurhey its on on Sundays every few months the next is March 28th its a great venue and a fantastic do.Not seen Chris,John or Dave for a while Tameside is a wasteland tumbleweed3.gif for decent soul nights. ATB Steve

Social source share

Do any of the members know if the following are on this site.

John Hillel

ChrisChurm

Carl Willingham

Smila

Dave Slater

Also-Maria Willingham and her Special Guest(Shhh You Know Who) do regular spots ay Heywood Civic-every other month-

Next appearance-Friday Feb 5th-then they will be on -April-June-August-October December

Regards

Tony

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Hi Jim,good to see you on here mate Mick H was playing a few of your tunes at Prestatyn in October:yes: Carl & Maria are to be found at the Taste of Honey soul nights at the Hellfire Club (used to be the Junction pub) in Harpurhey its on on Sundays every few months the next is March 28th its a great venue and a fantastic do.Not seen Chris,John or Dave for a while Tameside is a wasteland :tumbleweed3: for decent soul nights. ATB Steve

Thanks for that pal, yeah Mick spent a lot on them choons, they went to a good home.I can only get on pc sparodicly as it belongs to her who must be obeyed, so if i dont reply straight away dont think im ignoring you. looking forwards to seeing youand mrs Duff again.last time was at your wedding. Take care.

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Also-Maria Willingham and her Special Guest(Shhh You Know Who) do regular spots ay Heywood Civic-every other month-

Next appearance-Friday Feb 5th-then they will be on -April-June-August-October December

Regards

Tony

Thanks Tony , Dont know if we are aquainted but i enjoy your comments, Take care, Jim

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Blimey, Dave Slater .. not heard that name for a very long time .. nor Gail!!! Used to see lots of them when I lived up Manchester!! Hope you find everyone Jim!!!

Thanks Mandy ,saw them a bout 6 months ago but i havnt been anywhere since then. Do we know each other?Where did u go to from manchester?

Social source share

Thanks Mandy ,saw them a bout 6 months ago but i havnt been anywhere since then. Do we know each other?Where did u go to from manchester?

Hi Jimbo

John Hillel gets to the Greatstone most months. I'm pretty sure you will have met Mandy at the Greatstone as well. I'll pass your regards on Chris Churm this Saturday night, better still, haul your ass over and have a beer yourself.

See you soon mate.

Tony

Social source share

HI JIMMY,HERE I AM,ALSO MY FIRST GO ON HERE.

NOW CAST YOUR MIND BACK TO 8 YEARS AGO,ALMOST TO THE DAY,CAN YOU REMEMBER DOING OUR WEDDING RECEPTION AT THE SADDLEWORTH HOTEL GUESTING ALONGSIDE TIM BROWN,CARL W. AND OTHERS.ITS NOT THAT LONG AGO BUT NOW JANET SAYS SHE HAS HAD ENOUGH AS I KEEP BUYING TOO MANY RECORDS AND NOT PUTTING ANY MORE ON EBAY.BUT...SOUNDSEARCH-UK WILL BE BACK SHORTLY!

UNFORTUNATELY CAN'T MAKE THE GREATSTONE THIS SAT.....OFF TO A 50th.HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON ANYWAY,OUR PATHS ARE BOUND TO CROSS...

ALL THE BEST TO YOU,

JOHN H.

Social source share

NOW CAST YOUR MIND BACK TO 8 YEARS AGO,ALMOST TO THE DAY,CAN YOU REMEMBER DOING OUR WEDDING RECEPTION AT THE SADDLEWORTH HOTEL GUESTING ALONGSIDE TIM BROWN,CARL W. AND OTHERS.ITS NOT THAT LONG AGO BUT NOW JANET SAYS SHE HAS HAD ENOUGH AS I KEEP BUYING TOO MANY RECORDS AND NOT PUTTING ANY MORE ON EBAY.BUT...SOUNDSEARCH-UK WILL BE BACK SHORTLY!

UNFORTUNATELY CAN'T MAKE THE GREATSTONE THIS SAT.....OFF TO A 50th.HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON ANYWAY,OUR PATHS ARE BOUND TO CROSS...

ALL THE BEST TO YOU,

JOHN H.

kin el john, how apt is that for your name on here, love it :yes:

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Hi Jimbo

John Hillel gets to the Greatstone most months. I'm pretty sure you will have met Mandy at the Greatstone as well. I'll pass your regards on Chris Churm this Saturday night, better still, haul your ass over and have a beer yourself.

See you soon mate.

Tony

Cheers Tony,yep will see you saturday, looking forward to it pal,

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

ALL THE BEST TO YOU,

JOHN H.

Johnny boy, how you doing pal. Course i remember d.jingat your reception it was a great night.Say hello to the lovely Janet. and hope to see you soon. who are you getting to type for you lol,

Social source share

ALL THE BEST TO YOU,

JOHN H.

Hi John,what a good do that was,Really miss you Chris,Brian and Daves soul nights have you still got your Midnight Johnny t-shirtbiggrin.gif hope to see you and Janet soon. Steve & Lesley
Social source share

ALL THE BEST TO YOU,

JOHN H.

John, it doesn't seen eight years ago.

Your Richard came into shop the Friday before Christmas, and I asked him how long ago it was, he couldn't remember:no:

Dave.

Social source share

Hi Jim, yes you know me!! I used to knock about with Anita from Oldham mainly. Carl & Maria, the Ashton lot. Lived with Mark & Jackie Bicknell for a time. I used to go anywhere and everywhere that would have me! Look at my pics .. you'll remember me! I remember you!!!

Social source share

Hi Jimbo

See you soon mate.

Tony

Hi Tony, hope you and Janet are well. I've made a new year promise to myself that I WILL get to the Greatstone this year even if I have to bring Ryan with me!!!! Hopefully see you all very soon. Missed you all lots and lots xx

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Hi Jim, yes you know me!! I used to knock about with Anita from Oldham mainly. Carl & Maria, the Ashton lot. Lived with Mark & Jackie Bicknell for a time. I used to go anywhere and everywhere that would have me! Look at my pics .. you'll remember me! I remember you!!!

LETS SEE THE PICTURES THEN. I HOPE THEY ARE THEY ARE DECENT rolleyes.gif WHERE ARE THEY

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Bloody hell Jim, I had forgot all about Donaheys.

Dave.

GREAT VENUE DAVE. IT WENT PEAR SHAPED WHEN WE HAD TO CHANGE TO FRIDAY NITES ,IT CLASHED WITH A LOT OF VENUES. THE BEST NITE WE HAD WAS PHIL SCOTTS 50TH WHEN DAVE GODIN R.I.P ATTENDED.. THE ROOM IF YOU REMEMBER WASALL DANCE FLOOR AS IT WAS A DANCE SCHOOL. THE CREDIT FOR FINDING THAT GEM OF A VENUE WAS STEVE DUFF WHO GAVE ME ME MY BREAK IN DJ ING TO A BIG AUDIENCE. MEGA TUNES PLAYED THERE ,ESPECIALLY BY CARL WILLINGHAM AND CHRIS CHURM. GREAT DAYS.

Social source share

YES I DO REMEMBER YOU MANDY. IT WAS EITHER THE BIRCH OR DONAHEYS OR EVEN LIME ST. U DANCED A LOT. GOOD FOR A DJs EGO.thumbup.gif

Glad I had my uses Jim!!! Loved dancing .. can't do it so much nowadays the old hips won't take it!!! I went the Birch, Lime Street, some cricket club up Ashton/Droylesden way also with Julie Carruthers, Sheila etc .. those were great days!! Don't think I went to Donaheys but you never know!!!

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest earlvandykes

Blimey, Dave Slater .. not heard that name for a very long time .. nor Gail!!! Used to see lots of them when I lived up Manchester!! Hope you find everyone Jim!!!

Hi Mandy, Hope you are keeping well, are doing any Local Venues or Major Events ! What with the cost of transport, Vinal, Beer anything else!!! , not to mention the wear and tear on the Body ? Still if you go to an "normal - non soul Nite" you soon re-call what the Sceen is realy about " A way of Life " . P.S Chris Churm purchased the two Mary Love 45`s at Angles club in Stalybridge ( if youve seen the other Post) Gail and myself only get out to Local venues , We are over worked Baby sitters (Grandaughters ,Six & Three years old) Care Take " The Slat Lad- Dave"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!