Yorksoultrain 13/2/.2010

As some of you may have read here https://www.soul-sour...0entry1232511 This will be my best mates final night at yorksoultrain. So lets send Dave off with a BANG!!!!

:thumbup:YORKSOULTRAIN

SATURDAY 13TH FEB 2010

THE CRESCENT W.M.C

BLOSSOM STREET, YORK. Y024 1AJ

7.30PM-12.00

ACROSS THE BOARD MUSIC POLICY. AIMED PURELY AT THE DANCEFLOOR

JOINING OUR SPECIAL HOST FOR THE EVENING "DAVE SMITH"

RESIDENT DJ ALUN NICHO

AND GUESTS----JINXY[sCARBOROUGH], STEVE BRADLEY & NICK BEILBY [YKSOUL]

ADMISSION £3.50 ON THE DOOR

MANY THANKS FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS DAVE:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

FOR MORE INFO PLAYLISTS ETC VISIT OUR WEBSITE

https://yorksoultrain...s.com/index.htm

OR CONTACT DAVE ON 01904 541209

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
  • Replies 35
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

As some of you may have read here https://www.soul-sour...0entry1232511 This will be my best mates final night at yorksoultrain. So lets send Dave off with a BANG!!!!

thumbup.gifYORKSOULTRAIN

THE CRESCENT W.M.C

BLOSSOM STREET, YORK. Y024 1AJ

7.30PM-12.00

ACROSS THE BOARD MUSIC POLICY. AIMED PURELY AT THE DANCEFLOOR

JOINING OUR SPECIAL HOST FOR THE EVENING "DAVE SMITH"

RESIDENT DJ ALUN NICHO

AND GUESTS----JINXY[sCARBOROUGH], STEVE BRADLEY & NICK BEILBY [YKSOUL]

ADMISSION £3.50 ON THE DOOR

MANY THANKS FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS DAVEthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

FOR MORE INFO PLAYLISTS ETC VISIT OUR WEBSITE

https://yorksoultrain...s.com/index.htm

OR CONTACT DAVE ON 01904 541209

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Just to echo what Harry has said about Dave plus the fact that he has been a part of the York Soul Scene since the 60's, so that's some history.

I will be honoured to be a small part of Dave's final night and me and Nick aim to give him a good send off.

If you do half as well as Dave has, Harry , you're on a winner. The Crescent has been left in capable hands.

If you're there at the Royal Station Hotel Charity Soul Night sell-out tonight, I'll buy you a pint, Dave.

Steve B

Guest Ricky N

Looking forward to this with mixed feelings, had some brilliant times at the Yorksoultrain over the years. Such a shame though it's gonna be the last one.

Thanks for all the good times Mr Smith!!!

Ricky

last time we came up Dave looked after Kay who was unwell in the adjacent room, even offering to take Kay back to our digs.

In true Boro Lass stylee she stuck it out however remembers what she called Mr Steptoe (Dave) for his care etc and the Club Steward for his humour.

Dave, can;t be with you due to this that and other, respect and regards etc...get a fookin mic that works next time :laugh:

Guest yorksoultrain

thanks all for your kind words

things just a little too much for me to dedicate the time to make

the night worth while will be back to do a guest spot in the future

and wish harry all the best

ps been hearing rumours just to put things stright harry and i

have not fallen out and when possible i will always be there to help him

Guest porky yorkie

Only in name ricky, the crescent will go on, just under a different banner all details here inc dates for 2010 https://yorksoultrain...s.com/index.htm

But this night is not about that its about giving dave the send off he deserves, unfortunatly we won`t be there djing elsewhere that night but i know the crowd will look after my old mate-HARRYthumbup.gif

Ey up Harry,

So your'e not goin' to be there, well thats a bugger cos, Liz and are comining up we've already made arangements, we were gonna just turn up and suprise ya as I've been promising to make a trip back home.

Never mind we'll catch up with ya soon.

Pete Neal

Ey up Harry,

So your'e not goin' to be there, well thats a bugger cos, Liz and are comining up we've already made arangements, we were gonna just turn up and suprise ya as I've been promising to make a trip back home.

Never mind we'll catch up with ya soon.

Pete Neal

We`ll probably pass on the m62 pete, hope your both well, we will get together soon, kim white will be there pete, hopefully you`ll have a great night-REGARDS HARRY

Guest porky yorkie

We`ll probably pass on the m62 pete, hope your both well, we will get together soon, kim white will be there pete, hopefully you`ll have a great night-REGARDS HARRY

I'm sure we'll have a cracker of a night, can't remember havin' a bad night in York. And if Kim and Jinxy's there I'm sure there maybe a few laughs, to go with some soulful sounds.

I'ts been a few years since I was back home so I'm realy lookin' forward to this one, it sounds as though I'm the other side of the world, bloody hell I'm only t'other side o' 'ills in Wigan.

I'm sure we'll have a cracker of a night, can't remember havin' a bad night in York. And if Kim and Jinxy's there I'm sure there maybe a few laughs, to go with some soulful sounds.

I'ts been a few years since I was back home so I'm realy lookin' forward to this one, it sounds as though I'm the other side of the world, bloody hell I'm only t'other side o' 'ills in Wigan.

You`ll have a great night pete, kim just looks the same & dances the same, also stuart grayson is a regular-REGARDS HARRY:thumbup:

Think glynns coming over as well pete he normally does-HARRYthumbup.gif

Guest yorksoultrain

well two weeks to go didnt think id be every saying this is my

last night but its gonna be a party to remember still doing a few guest

spots this year b4 i hang the records up and retire from dj,ing next

year what a week to finish at the cresent will b celebrating my

birthday dave

well two weeks to go didnt think id be every saying this is my

last night but its gonna be a party to remember still doing a few guest

spots this year b4 i hang the records up and retire from dj,ing next

year what a week to finish at the cresent will b celebrating my

birthday dave

Well dave, take great pride in what you`ve done here & at the junction previously, its been a fantastic journey over the years & weve both met so many friends, and had one or two beers along the way lol. We`ll be celebrating your birthday and my 50th together at easington, so that`ll be our personal party [no swimming in the rug allowedlaugh.giflaugh.gif ]. Its been a pleasure & an honour to work alongside you my friend, and you will be back to guest for us, At the CRESCENT SOUL CLUB-REGARDS MATEY -Hgood.gif

Sorry to hear Dave is not spinning at the Crescent Dave and I share the same likes in Northern leaning back to the forgotten standards.

You will be sadly missed see you on the night we could be a bit late got a birthday bash first.

All the best

Stewart & Angela. R

he will be stu, he`s just gonna take a bit of time to get his family commitments sorted, weve allready discussed guest spots for dave, when he`s ready, i agree fully with what you say stu, he`s an old hand is our dave:thumbup:

Guest porky yorkie

The soulsmurf and I will be over from Wigan on Saturday weather permittin', cos apparently it's supposed to snow again. It sounds as if there's a right party ready to start, and the smurf likes a good party, ( how much is the vodka? ). I'm realy lookin' forward to seein' some old mates who I've not seen for a very long time.

Pete

Guest yorksoultrain

hi all just to let you know sat night there will be a bucket by the door

when you come in . no, its not for me

where trying to help yk soul on there latest quest

to help jamie . so if youve got any spare change

im sure the yk soul gang would be greatful for your help

thanks a lot dave

hi all just to let you know sat night there will be a bucket by the door

when you come in . no, its not for me

where trying to help yk soul on there latest quest

to help jamie . so if youve got any spare change

im sure the yk soul gang would be greatful for your help

thanks a lot dave

Thanks for that Dave. See you Saturday night.

If you want more information, please read the YKSoul Jamie Inglis thread on Events Talk and you may even be interested in coming to the Auction night on Friday 12th Feb

Steve B

YKSoul

Guest yorksoultrain

Thanks for that Dave. See you Saturday night.

If you want more information, please read the YKSoul Jamie Inglis thread on Events Talk and you may even be interested in coming to the Auction night on Friday 12th Feb

Steve B

YKSoul

cheers steve always tried to help you guys anyway possible

you do a fantastic job with charity work . see you sat dave

Have a good night Sat Dave would like to be there but a bit far to travel, sure you will remember the great times

we had through the 70s, so take care & look after yourself.

Bet you are looking a little bit older than this picture, when we were lads.

Cheers Ian

post-1435-12658807509002_thumb.jpg

Have a good night Sat Dave would like to be there but a bit far to travel, sure you will remember the great times

Cheers Ian

Nice one ian, daves hair is just a slightly different colour now, dave has told me many tales of what you lads got up to in your youth, maybe thats why his hair is a different colour nowlaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
Guest yorks old boys

Cheers Ian

chowmein then ian ha ha good pic i have a better one somewherethumbup.gif

Guest yorksoultrain

Cheers Ian

cheers ian hairs a little shorter now but yes got some great memories from them

days blindness for one lol .well have a drimk when your back in the old country

take care dave

Hello Darling Dave , cant say much more than everyone else has said , you are a very special friend to us and we hope your night is simply superb thumbup.gif and the best bit is you can do it all over again when you come up in march laugh.gif the usual frolics bath full of beer , rug swimming etc laugh.gif

HAVE A BALL BOTH OF YOU LOVE YOU TO BITS xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Guest

Hello Darling Dave , cant say much more than everyone else has said , you are a very special friend to us and we hope your night is simply superb thumbup.gif and the best bit is you can do it all over again when you come up in march laugh.gif the usual frolics bath full of beer , rug swimming etc laugh.gif

HAVE A BALL BOTH OF YOU LOVE YOU TO BITS xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SECONDEDthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif