• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Marky & Netster,

Really looking forward to it and I'll have a few new tunes to spin,

hope you had a good christmas and new year cu soon. KTF Bryn

will be good to see you and gaz again

Guest kev such

Thanks for Invite Marks. Me and Karen'll be over, and see if we can get some from our way to come over.

Amazingly its 2 years since the last one, where does the time go? Did I have my own hair then?

regards to Netty

Kev and Karen

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

Hi mark,

just a quick thanks for the dj invite,its a real pleasure to join the very distinguished league of gentlemen you have assembled.

pete tebbutt.

Thanks for Invite Marks. Me and Karen'll be over, and see if we can get some from our way to come over.

Amazingly its 2 years since the last one, where does the time go? Did I have my own hair then?

regards to Netty

Kev and Karen

well it was either nov/dec 2008 ,we thought it went well lets hope this one is better,not that anything was wrong with the last one we've got a great line up somethink

for everyone will karen be wearing the blue eyes

Hi mark,

just a quick thanks for the dj invite,its a real pleasure to join the very distinguished league of gentlemen you have assembled.

pete tebbutt.

pete your more than welcome mate,thanx for your services
Guest kev such

Only 2 weeks to go now till this Leicester bash. Gonna be a busy weekend, charity night in Kettering on the Friday and Leicester on the Saturday, sweet.

unsure.gifrolleyes.gif....Damm it....it would be on this nite......im off on the modern tip, to soul purpose...snake....and at my age i cant do both.... Legs wont take it......expect you.ll have a good nite as always.....mart

ha ha martyn ,there was a time when you would have done both mate,best get you a pipe and some slippersshades.gifwhistling.gif

Can't travel far at the mo, so a little trundle up to Leicester on Sat will be the right tonic...:thumbup:

Yes indeedy.. And we will be part of the same travelling party.

Haven't been to this venue thus far - but heard only good things about it so am looking forward to the opportunity to spin a few of me lickle vinyl thingies :thumbup:

It'll be a pleasure, too, to share decking honours with me old mucker Kyp ('The Faith') Highbury. Back in the late 70's & early 80's Kyp and I used to do all our soul travelling in each others company. Plus.. He used to 'feed' me leads on quality discs to purchase at the time, and didn't get many wrong !!

AND.. Did you all know that - where the UK withdrawn Len Barry album is concerned - Kyp holds an important place in the history of our beloved music scene ?? Very inobtrusive and a (generally - but when he DOES get's going.. Look out !! :laugh: ) quiet individual is our Kyp but there's a lot more to him than the unknowing eye can see.

Oh yea - If, by chance, our 'party' arrives sporting bruises & broken limbs.. DON'T WORRY !! It'll only be on the back of our 'discussion' as to who takes the driving honours. whistling:innocent:

Hopefully we'll have a 'full house' and have 'em swinging from the rafters !!

Fingers

Edited by FickleFingers
Guest Rob Glover

Hmm, I like the sound of this. Havent been to an allnighter in Leicester since the old Oddfellows days.

Will see about getting some of the Yum Yum crowd up for this.

med_gallery_11079_10_102894.jpg

LEICESTER SOUL ASSASSINS

9-00PM ALL NIGHTER 6-00AM

SATURDAY 30TH JANUARY 2010

THE MUSIC CAFE

23-A NEW PARKS STREET

OFF BRAUNSTONE GATE

LEICESTER LE3 5NH

NORTHERN SOUL AS IT SHOULD BE

GREAT DJ LINE UP

PETE TEBBUTT

SAM MOORE

KEV SUCH

KYP(THE FAITH)

JOHNNY FINGERS

GAZ AND BRYN

BOB FLETCHER

ROB SMITH

ROBIN BEE

GREAT 60'S STYLE VENUE-£10 OTD

RU postin' DJ times Mr M!

RU postin' DJ times Mr M!

DJ TIMES

9-10 KYP(THE FAITH)

10-11 GAZ AND BRYN

11-12 BOB FLECTHER

12-01 SAM MOORE

01-02 JOHNNY FINGERS

02-03 PETE TEBBUTT

03-04 ROBIN BEE

04-05 KEV SUCH

05-06 ROB SMITH

Guest Tigerpants

DJ TIMES

9-10 KYP(THE FAITH)

10-11 GAZ AND BRYN

11-12 BOB FLECTHER

12-01 SAM MOORE

01-02 JOHNNY FINGERS

02-03 PETE TEBBUTT

03-04 ROBIN BEE

04-05 KEV SUCH

05-06 ROB SMITH

HI MARK REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY

Being the insomniac that I am coupled with my brain doing ten to the dozen, thinking about things that are going on at present, I thought I'd be better off having a distraction.. One which might enable my brain to disengage sufficiently to allow a decent bit of shut-eye (got a busy day tomorrow on the personal front).

What better then, I thought, than to get in the record room and start sorting some tunes as potential spins for this Saturday's session of Soul.

With my intended plans for a Friday session at the Gloucester 'Niter having had to change, the time spent sorting the DJ box has left me focused on nothing else but Saturday's shenanigans - and instilled the excitement factor BIG STYLE !! :yes::yes:

I'm now seriously looking forward to this adventure and the potential fun & frolics the night is bound to bring with it - never a dull moment when Sian's around !! whistling

Hoping it is well attended I believe the line-up of DJ's will ensure the night is defo far from disappointing musically, and shows the promise of one of those 'memorable' nights..

ARE WE THERE YET, Sian ?!? :laugh:

See you all Saturday.. C'mon Leicester !! :good:

Fingers

Guest kev such

Great night at the Ath in Kettering last night. Lights on, everyone still dancing always a good sign.

Relaxing day today, few jobs to do then over to Leicester for the niter, sweet.

have a great nite tonite Mark,,,regards mark f

Just now going through some potential LP's to take with me tonight, then it'll be shower & a spruce up ready for the drive over to Sian & Dean's house (Rugby Soul Club) to change vehicles and become a passenger for the final few miles up to Leicester for a good night of Soulin'. :yes:

The excitement has already kicked in - and the stomach already experiencing them luverly butterfly sensations of anticipation. Just hope I don't forget anything.. :unsure:

See you all in a few hours - Gonna Fix You Good !! :good:

Fingers

Edited by FickleFingers