• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi

its Don Bryant singing on that Track

please Check Out The right Track soul show on Sunday Night 8-00pm Till 10-00pm

www.therighttrack.org.uk is the website catch past interviews and shows

And the show is on ww.salfordcityradio.org 8-00pm till10-00pm every sunday

we Are Doing at Least a one hour tribute it could go on longer there Is that much great soul music

he wrote and produced

Also Otis Clay will be on live talking About willie

and also Toni Green who Cut two of The last tracks willie laid down

and Toni will be live talking About That

Harry & Diana

The Right Track Soul Show

Salford City Radio 94.4 fm

Sunday nights 8.00 pm - 10.00 pm

www.salfordcityradio.org

email: [email="righttrack@salfordcityradio.org"

]righttrack@salfordcityradio.org[

/email]https://www.therighttrack.org.uk

Studio Number: 0161 793 2944 / 2942

Edited by has
Social source share

That Driving Beat was the B side of Everything's Gonna Be Alright, issued in 1965 in the UK on London. I heard it in the clubs I went to at the time, both sides were played but it was always That Driving Beat that grabbed me and got me out there. It had the same feel as the Junior Walker records of the time, e.g. Shake And Fingerpop. Wonderful stuff indeed!

Social source share

That Driving Beat was the B side of Everything's Gonna Be Alright, issued in 1965 in the UK on London. I heard it in the clubs I went to at the time, both sides were played but it was always That Driving Beat that grabbed me and got me out there. It had the same feel as the Junior Walker records of the time, e.g. Shake And Fingerpop. Wonderful stuff indeed!

Hi Geoff

I asked this very question in >>> <<<

• Everything's Gonna Be Alright = "A Side" on the U.K. copy. Originally.
  • I know that it came out a couple of times in the U.K. on London with the two Label Designs.

Prompted me to ask

In the U.S.A. was this Promoted both sides at the time, released twice, different pressing plants.

I bought this one from Soul Bowl in the 70's, has * "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" as the Promoted Side

Hi_45-2097a_DJ.jpgHi_45-2097b_DJ.jpg

Saw this one on ebay a couple of years ago.

* "That Driving Beat" as the Promoted Side

Hi_45-2097a_DJ-1.gif

Social source share

Hi Geoff

I asked this very question in >>> <<<

• Everything's Gonna Be Alright = "A Side" on the U.K. copy. Originally.
  • I know that it came out a couple of times in the U.K. on London with the two Label Designs.

Prompted me to ask

In the U.S.A. was this Promoted both sides at the time, released twice, different pressing plants.

I bought this one from Soul Bowl in the 70's, has * "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" as the Promoted Side

Hi_45-2097a_DJ.jpgHi_45-2097b_DJ.jpg

Saw this one on ebay a couple of years ago.

* "That Driving Beat" as the Promoted Side

Hi_45-2097a_DJ-1.gif

As Everything's Gonna Be Alright was the A side over here I assume it was in the USA. Not sure if it was a hit over there, but it has that Junior Walker feel to it, e.g. Shotgun type of feel to the sound.

Social source share

As Everything's Gonna Be Alright was the A side over here I assume it was in the USA. Not sure if it was a hit over there, but it has that Junior Walker feel to it, e.g. Shotgun type of feel to the sound.

Just checked mine and looks like "Everything" was the A side in the swinging 60's!

post-9947-12630519449928_thumb.jpgpost-9947-12630520052261_thumb.jpg

Many Thanks for Scans & Information.

I Can only assume that it was Re-Promoted with "That Driving Beat"

as the Plug Side sometime after Initial Release in the States.

Social source share

Mick Smith played this at the 100 Club sometime early Sunday morning and many danced to it, including myself. One of the classics that still get folk on their feet.

.....and back in December, at the Kent Soul Club, I requested 'The Champ'; strange how things turn out, eh?6.gif

Willie Mitchell left behind a wonderful library of music; as I always say, about the passing of an artist, he will be remembered, and live on, through it.

Social source share

It is the same kind of hard/heavy RnB as Shotgun but it is almost the exact same instrumental as Shake and Finger Pop (a little faster though). I'm not sure which I like better.....I go back and forth:whistling:.:thumbup:

Social source share

It is the same kind of hard/heavy RnB as Shotgun but it is almost the exact same instrumental as Shake and Finger Pop (a little faster though). I'm not sure which I like better.....I go back and forth:whistling:.hatsoff2.gif

Back in the day they'd often be played back to back.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!