ImberBoy

• Replies 507
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great thread Imberboy, it's made me realise I like modern stuff more than I thought. My contribution would be "You can come right back to me" David Ruffin. Don't know if it's suitable for your list, but if it is, stick it on. Don't suppose anyone can post it up? Cheers Ade

Fantastic record mate, but I'd call that a straight down the line Northern Classic myself, what a choon and never ever played enough. The type of record that is a fiver and pisses over many that are a grand.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

That gets 10 marks for the lrish judge!!

Who said that they don't make Soul records anymore??!

In the same sort of Gospelly/Soul sort of thing would anybody please my friend forever and post up Sounds Of Blackness-Optimystic??....................PLEASE! :rolleyes: THANKS!! thumbup.gif

Still prefer the Patrice Rushen original

Social source share

Perhaps I should have said in the post -the link in post #109 explains how to embed clips

I HAVE A QUEUE OF TWENTY WAITING TO CALL ME LOLOLOL..NEED A SECRATARY LOLOLOLOL

Social source share

Fantastic record mate, but I'd call that a straight down the line Northern Classic myself, what a choon and never ever played enough. The type of record that is a fiver and pisses over many that are a grand.:rolleyes:

Yeah, you're probably right even though I've never heard it at a do anywhere. It's great to dance to so yes I agree it should get more plays thumbsup.gif Ade

Social source share

For anybody interested you can listen to Hiltion Blackpool live now

On STARPORT RADIO and EMS.

I've got it on in backround.thumbsup.gif

that will be starpoint radio will it be mate dont mean to be picky just in case any one else wanted to listen jazz/funk at the moment

Social source share

Michael Proctor- Love Don't Live

Sounds Of Blackness- Straight To The Top

Rockmelons- Love's Gonna Bring You Home

Stanley Clarke- Straight To The Top

Ace Spectrum- Don't Send Me Away

Jackie Moore- This Time Baby

Bobby Womack- So Many Sides Of You

Sidney Joe Quails- I Don't Do This

Phyllis Hyman- You Know How To Love Me

Bettye Swan-Kiss My Love Goodbye

Detroit Spinners- I've Got To Make It On My Own

Steve

Social source share

Michael Proctor- Love Don't Live

Sounds Of Blackness- Straight To The Top

Rockmelons- Love's Gonna Bring You Home

Stanley Clarke- Straight To The Top

Ace Spectrum- Don't Send Me Away

Jackie Moore- This Time Baby

Bobby Womack- So Many Sides Of You

Sidney Joe Quails- I Don't Do This

Phyllis Hyman- You Know How To Love Me

Bettye Swan-Kiss My Love Goodbye

Detroit Spinners- I've Got To Make It On My Own

Steve

great list steve...only three of them i aint got........that detroit spinners track is awesome..i love playing that out

regards moldie

Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies

only one that i don't have......thumbsup.gif

great list steve...only three of them i aint got........that detroit spinners track is awesome..i love playing that out

regards moldie

Social source share

Perhaps the half an hour with lightwatersoul explaining how to place YouTube clips into the thread wasn't long enough for you laugh.gif

Brian thumbsup.gif

hi brian...unfortunately webby doesnt understand manderin chinesethumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies

here's a nice funky little number a cover of AL Fosters Band night of the wolf I'll post AL Foster Band as well

Esperanto - Night of the Wolf

Al Foster Band

Social source share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPkJ0v_Jnmc

Dont know if this really qualifies in the 'modern' bracket really, but its one of my favourite records and as some geezer just asked for it and I've only just learnt how to do this, here it is! A glorious record and a fine example of the type of tune that never gets the status it deserves, simply because it's a cheapo on Motown...Bloody criminal neglect. Fantastic dancer and I'll be playing it at my own birthday party next month that's for sure! Cheers Moldie, you are a star mate...thumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

That's a bit rich coming from you, isn't it? biggrin.giftongue.gif

Actually I'm pleased that some post 60s music is getting some good exposre in a thread like this. It's just a laugh really, but I don't think a list of modern anthems that has 95% of its content recoreded in the 70s is representative. Pete B and Sean H seem to be the only ones reaching beyond the northern/modern or normodern as Dodger called it.

I will do a knobhead list as soon as I get a chance, don't forget to PM me coz I wouldn't want to leave you off it.

Social source share

Got the bugger up there now mate, go back and check it out, jesus that was a struggle!thumbup.gif

practise makes perfect rich...what a cheap soul nite tonight has been....awesome music and free to get inthumbup.gif

Social source share

Cheers. Thanks for the personal insults thumbup.gif

What a crack biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Once we get these trax listed has any one got any suggestions how to get them into some sort of order such as the most popular downwards?

daved sorry for the insults mate, just sit back and enjoy the music

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

And after an other 30 min lesson with Mick l think l may have it...But will wait til tomorrow..God love his patience and understanding...Happy New Year Lightwater!! thumbsup.gif

Go Webby, go. Let's see you do it!

Brian thumbsup.gif

Social source share

And after an other 30 min lesson with Mick l think l may have it...But will wait til tomorrow..God love his patience and understanding...Happy New Year Lightwater!! thumbsup.gif

the pleasure was all mine:thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!