ImberBoy

• Replies 507
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

On-line webby support eh? Change your phone to an 0871 number and make some money! whistling

no need brian...my mrs number is an 0898 number......were loaded:thumbup:

Social source share

I know it's a bit cliched, but this one? You did ask for top 500 KR stylee

Great thread, being stuck in the stoppy in club on this snowy night thumbup.gif

Social source share

mega! drizabone with pressure and Real Love, super trax , Real love poss the first Northern soul track with rap??

I think that honour may go to E Rodney Jones " R & B Time " .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

TBH ladies & gentleman this thread has just degenerated into a posting of modern soul lists & youtube clips.The thread is supposed to be about "modern anthems" - much as I like & have played Maxine Inniss - Dawn Tallman etc. I don't think they are anthems & certainly not in the same league popularity wise, play wise & even that widely known about as records by Jesse James, Corey Blake, Gloria Scott, Bobby Sheen, Percy & Them, Eddie Billups, Bessie Banks etc.etc.

There are lots of fantastic modern soul records out there that I would love to see gaining "anthem" status - wanting it to happen & it actually happening are two different things.

However, I also understand there can be a fine line between"anthem" & "played out."

Social source share

TBH ladies & gentleman this thread has just degenerated into a posting of modern soul lists & youtube clips.The thread is supposed to be about "modern anthems" - much as I like & have played Maxine Inniss - Dawn Tallman etc. I don't think they are anthems & certainly not in the same league popularity wise, play wise & even that widely known about as records by Jesse James, Corey Blake, Gloria Scott, Bobby Sheen, Percy & Them, Eddie Billups, Bessie Banks etc.etc.

There are lots of fantastic modern soul records out there that I would love to see gaining "anthem" status - wanting it to happen & it actually happening are two different things.

However, I also understand there can be a fine line between"anthem" & "played out."

Yes Andy.......you know that I know the reality......or I would hope you do!............so yes, in some (not all - Ron Carroll for instance) of my posts it is more about wish than reality, but I am in one of my "low" phases musically (don't get me wrong by that statement, I have continually plenty of great new release music here) as I see mash-ups/classics proliferating gigs and playlists and often find it a bit disappointing.

Perhaps it needs stripping back to a group of diehards with a small-ish following to push things along again.....I dunno........I suppose to put it into context with what the majority on here can identify with, a bit like an end of Wigan/start of Stafford scenario............the 60's Newies brigade, but with new releases.

Too many people that were once kings of all they surveyed progression wise, now going through the motions and that in turn having a negative effect on things perhaps? I dunno......I'm just thinking out loud......perhaps I shouldn't care or bother myself with it!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Yes Andy.......you know that I know the reality......or I would hope you do!............so yes, in some (not all - Ron Carroll for instance) of my posts it is more about wish than reality, but I am in one of my "low" phases musically (don't get me wrong by that statement, I have continually plenty of great new release music here) as I see mash-ups/classics proliferating gigs and playlists and often find it a bit disappointing.

Perhaps it needs stripping back to a group of diehards with a small-ish following to push things along again.....I dunno........I suppose to put it into context with what the majority on here can identify with, a bit like an end of Wigan/start of Stafford scenario............the 60's Newies brigade, but with new releases.

Too many people that were once kings of all they surveyed progression wise, now going through the motions and that in turn having a negative effect on things perhaps? I dunno......I'm just thinking out loud......perhaps I shouldn't care or bother myself with it!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Of course I know what you mean Mark. Please don't get me started on "mash ups" I see them as I saw "tailor mades" on the NS scene thirty years ago - totally pointless ! & harmful to people trying to push "bona-fide" new music. However, somebody must like them as people up & down the country dance to them every weekend.

Me ? - I'll stick with Kenny, Steph, Heather etc. - they provide me with as much soul music as I need in 2010.

There is still a fantastic modern scene chugging along quite nicely IF you know where to look !!!

Social source share

I think that honour may go to E Rodney Jones " R & B Time " .

Malc Burton

No, I'd say 'Cool off' was the first bona fide 'rap' even if it was not known as that back then.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Did you post the clip though,mate? thumbup.gif

l'm like you trying to sort it,mate!! thumbsup.gif

Sure we'll both get there in the end!! Goodnight,mate! thumbsup.gif

Sussed it. I'm in the club now.thumbsup.gif 'When we get there, you will see.....etc, etc!'

Social source share

Epic this is what I will do:

I will collate a list from what has been included so far just by coping and pasting into a document.

Once this is done I'll publish the list to allow any one to challenge any of the tracks.

Now I know there will be a difference of opinion as to what is termed "Modern" so I will just take a rather large pinch of salt for every one and try my hardest to remember that this is not an exact science and no matter what is done the soul police will be miffed.

I did toy with the idea of calling it, Modernish or Records that have been played as Modern but a sudden urge to be sensible has kicked in, nevertheless, if there are any glaring errors that can and are sensibly challenged then they will be removed.

If this offends any one then I send my apologies in advance, I'm usually found at the odd Allnighter, feel free to chat to me but for fooks sake do not bore me.

Now for those who are enjoying our music and who aren't too anal then lets keep em coming.:thumbup:

Social source share

This thread is brilliant & just what I need as Ive just come back from a fantastic Modern Weekender in Blackpool & was feeling a bit deflated. Now I can keep the party going in my own home :thumbup:

Im gonna try upload 3 of my favourites. Not anthems but, for me, do deserve a mention/Play (hopefully).

Never done this before - so you might end up with a sneezing panda :laugh: instead of some niiiiice tunes. Here goes ..... ooh well I think I'll post this message first then the tunes cos I dont want to have to go back & type all this bxllshit again if it fails :laugh:

Ali x

Social source share

https://https://www.yo...h?v=MyT-qZLdlmk

angry.gif Why has it not got a picture like the other one?

Will someone help me out here please.

How do you load 3 tunes at once on the same post.

I thought I'd done it right but only one is showing.

not sure what you are doing wrong

but if you look at the link above its got a double http part

are you using the media icon? then pasting in?

Social source share

not sure what you are doing wrong

but if you look at the link above its got a double http part

are you using the media icon? then pasting in?

laugh.giflaugh.gif This thread has got me all giddy.

I guess I'm just rushing things a little. I'll take my time & watch what Im doing. I said I'll take my time & watch what I'm doing laugh.gif

Cheers Mike thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert