Sweet Soul Newark Feat "tats"

Guest Indalosoulclub

Braved the snow to get to Newark and was well worth itthumbsup.gif

The night actually turned out to be busy enough for the Sweet Soul Crew and it went too quickly.

I have to say that Dougie's tribute to Willie Mitchell was superb and I remember his love of his stuff when we DJ'd together in Retford some years back and it was a fitting tribute.

Jez played a great set as per usual and Jacko (Mr "I am always good") put some might fine tunes together and I loved The Tams "This Precious Moment" as a highlight of a super set.

Now to the "Real Deal" that is Mr Taylor.....His music choice was superb and at one point nearly every one was on the floor including some "Young Students" who were thoroughly enjoying the night. If that could happen all over the country the Scene may survive!!!!!

He has said that he may post his playlist, so I will leave that to him and you will see but the whole night was uplifting for everyone who attended and for those that didn't, we can let you off this time as the weather was terrible

Bad points about the night.....None .....it was greatthumbup.gif

Jonathan

The poster attached was real and unbelievable

Edited by Indalosoulclub
  • Replies 6
  • Views 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest chris shaw

Braved the snow to get to Newark and was well worth itthumbsup.gif

The night actually turned out to be busy enough for the Sweet Soul Crew and it went too quickly.

I have to say that Dougie's tribute to Willie Mitchell was superb and I remember his love of his stuff when we DJ'd together in Retford some years back and it was a fitting tribute.

Jez played a great set as per usual and Jacko (Mr "I am always good") put some might fine tunes together and I loved The Tams "This Precious Moment" as a highlight of a super set.

Now to the "Real Deal" that is Mr Taylor.....His music choice was superb and at one point nearly every one was on the floor including some "Young Students" who were thoroughly enjoying the night. If that could happen all over the country the Scene may survive!!!!!

He has said that he may post his playlist, so I will leave that to him and you will see but the whole night was uplifting for everyone who attended and for those that didn't, we can let you off this time as the weather was terrible

Bad points about the night.....None .....it was great:thumbup:

Jonathan

The poster attached was real and unbelievable

Guest chris shaw

We were really annoyed about missing last nights sweet soul and your write up jonathan hasn't made me feel any better! As usual it sounded great. This weather better clear up soon, i need another fix of 'soul'. chris

Pleased you had a good night guys, sorry I could not make it, cannot get my car off the estate where I live due to the snow, bet 'Tats' was pleased at the Forest score, see you at the Reading game:good:

Barry

Ian

thought you would have taken yer Tractor up there you being from tharrt Neck of the Woods

otherwise the erstwhile Tats was excellent

Gez super

Jacko hits the spot(not too often as it might break) musically and nearly played a 6ts track(dont believe it)

i just enjoyed the evening

and thanks to all who made it under the circumstances,you did sweetsoul proud and where mostly still there when we finished with "Soul Serenade" to end the Willie Mitchell Tribute Night

thankyou one and all

Doug

Cheers for that comment Gilly. I appreciate your affirmation of my behaviour. I do like to enjoy myself and at the same time set a fine example. So yes I am always good, a good boy that is.

Once again our underestimated little 14 year old event puts on a cracking night for everyone. Soul music of every style for everyone with the dancefloor controlling the selections. Large dance floor cheap bar, plenty of parking nearby and a venue that is Northern Soul.

Tats played a blinder, but you may say that is the norm, this set was a bit more than that. A grand tour of soul music in the 60's and 70's, including The Flowers awesome For Real and Purple Mundi's classic Stop Hurting Me Baby. By the end of the set the dance floor was indeed very full. So what you the reader are missing out on is a night of Soul music, Oldies, Newies, Modern, Crossover, Rarities and Motown. If you like dancing, you'll love Sweet Soul. My playlist as follows

GQ - Make my dreams a reality

Philly All Stars - Lets clean up the ghetto (Chicago edit)

Ray Pollard - The drifter

The Carstairs - It really does hurt me girl

The Tams - This precious moment

Marvin Gaye and Diana Ross - My mistake was to love you

Teddy Pendergrass - Believe in love

Peo feat Mirjam - Everything

Prince Philip Mitchell - Happy

Nolan Porter - If I could only be sure

Harold Melvin - The love I lost

Aretha - One step

Bobby Hutton - Come see what's left of me