That Driving Beat *leeds*

29 January 21:30

After the success of our 1st Anniversary in November (with Karl Heard as guest) with people travelling from as far as Wolverhampton, we're back with a BANG for 2010! For those of you who haven't been yet, the venue is the Wardrobe in Leeds, which is certainly one of if not THE best alternative music venue in Leeds, and in 2010 we're bringing you THE best DJ's from the UK and further a field for That Driving Beat experience. Karl has DJd all over and said it was the best sound system he'd ever played on! We can't really take the glory for that given the venue sorts the rig and provides a sound engineer, but the sound is second to none. The venue's reminiscent of the old Leeds Central venue, a downstairs club with a superb sunken wooden dancefloor, low ceilings and oozes character.

So to kick off 2010 with a bang our very special guest is...

FLANNY

who needs no introduction to soul sourcers, who will be joining residents RICH BUCKLEY, EDDIE WAINWRIGHT & AZZA on the decks, who together will be bringing you a fantastic mix of across the board soulful grooves.

Our music policy as always is QUALITY. Dont expect a night of the same old same old. Expect to hear some rare, some underplayed, some classics, some forward thinking............Top notch Northern Soul, Funk, RnB, 70's soul, Motown and Latin.

Great tunes, superb atmosphere and fantastic people......an all round top night in store!!!

So come along and help us celebrate in style!

Rich

That Driving Beat with guest DJ FLANNY

@ The Wardrobe (Basement Club), Leeds

9.30pm - 2.30am

£5 entry (£3 before 10.30pm)

Contact Rich (07919 560 808) or Azza (07968 174 086) for info.

https://www.thewardrobe.co.uk/ - Why not make a night of it with a great food menu in the cafe bar upstairs, or the Aagrah next door

https://www.facebook....87581658?ref=ts

Check out Look Backs for playlists and reviews!!

Last lookback:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/117303-the-wardrobe-leeds-1st-anniversary/page__p__1210432__hl__wardrobe__fromsearch__1entry1210432

• Replies 30
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cant wait for this.

Took a little break out for Christmas but what a way to come back!!

Mr Flanders on the decks, im soooooo bloody excited. The man's got all genres covered in his box and delivers the bizzo EVERY time he plays!!

Come down for a cracking night of sould.......what better way to blow off the January blues

Azza

Guest Ste Brazil

Cant wait for this.

Mr Flanders on the decks, im soooooo bloody excited. The man's got all genres covered in his box and delivers the bizzo EVERY time he plays!!

Come down for a cracking night of sould.......what better way to blow off the January blues

Azza

I'll be there propping up the bar as ever...thumbsup.gif

Ste.

ON NITES NEXT WEEK BUT I,VE BOOKED FRI OFF ,YOUR ALL IN FOR A RITE TREAT IF YOU,VE NEVER HEARD "THE KING OF THE KOP"king.gif FLANNY PLAY CAN,T WAIT.....MATTY hatsoff2.gif .

~~~~~AFTERNOON DELIGHT SOUL CLUB (CARLTON NR LEEDS)~~~~~

Edited by matty

At last !! thumbup.gif

I've been counting down the days since the last one. What a fantastic night that was, the gang are still talking about it now - 2 months later!!

The usual suspects will be there & we know we're in for another cracker of a night.

See you on the 29th guys thumbsup.gif

lots of love

Alison x

Looks like a cranking night there lads, still not ventured up yet, cant make this one as have previous commitments, but it looks like a belting night! Flanny coupled with the residents - some belting tunes to be heard!

Get yourself down if you can!

Your new tune will have arrived by then arron?!?

no waving crutches on the dancefloor buckley

At last !! thumbup.gif

I've been counting down the days since the last one. What a fantastic night that was, the gang are still talking about it now - 2 months later!!

The usual suspects will be there & we know we're in for another cracker of a night.

See you on the 29th guys thumbsup.gif

lots of love

Alison x

Nice one Alison!! Be good to see you and the gang down. Do you know if Kirsty and crew are making an appearence? I wonder if the girl with a belt for a dress will be back for another visit rolleyes.gif

Lets hope you boys get a good turn out, really sorry we can't be there but will aim to bring the crowd over for Feb event... Heard good good things about this place and these boys are new school Yorkshire :thumbsup: , the buy a round :thumbsup:

We aim to join you every other month at least...

All the best to the nice lads from Dirty dirty dirty dirty Leeeeeeeeeeds..... :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Well it looks like another visit to the Wardrobe for "That Driving Beat". A most enjoyable evening spent listening to music that grabs you no matter what your taste in soul/r and b may be. The residents play an amazing mix of tunes and throw the main man Flanny into the mix and we are all in for a great night. An absolutely cracking venue with great atmosphere and dance floor. The last one in December exceeded expectations and the rich,arron and eddy should take a pat on the back for their music policy and willingness to get the best guest djs available on the scene today.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nice one Alison!! Be good to see you and the gang down. Do you know if Kirsty and crew are making an appearence? I wonder if the girl with a belt for a dress will be back for another visit rolleyes.gif

Oh yes yes.gif Kirsty & a few more will be there on Fri. I'm surprised Kirsty hasn't posted up here yet especially as she's bought a new belt for it ! whistling.giflaugh.gif

I'm sure the "original" belt girl will be there on Friday as you couldnt get her off that fab sunken dancefloor, she loved it & everyone loved her on it ... well the guys did anyway wink.giflaugh.gif

It's gonna be another cracker ! thumbup.gif

See you Fri thumbsup.gif

Ali x

Oh yes yes.gif Kirsty & a few more will be there on Fri. I'm surprised Kirsty hasn't posted up here yet especially as she's bought a new belt for it ! whistling.giflaugh.gif

I'm sure the "original" belt girl will be there on Friday as you couldnt get her off that fab sunken dancefloor, she loved it & everyone loved her on it ... well the guys did anyway wink.giflaugh.gif

It's gonna be another cracker ! thumbup.gif

See you Fri thumbsup.gif

Ali x

Nice one Alison, looking forward to another cracker. The "belt" was quite a hot topic of conversation at one point shades.gif Bring your camera again if you get a chance as you took some great pics! See you next Friday.

Rich

Edited by Rich Buckley

Nice one Alison, looking forward to another cracker. The "belt" was quite a hot topic of conversation at one point shades.gif Bring your camera again if you get a chance as you took some great pics! See you next Friday.

Rich

honestly can't wait for this. Been looking at the playlists for driving beat for months now and wishing I was back in leeds. Bring it on!

Cant wait for this.

Azza

great to see you n have a chat last Frid @ Soul Galore - there's a few comin across from York for sure , unfortunally without us this time . Must correct that soon .

(read the reviews

&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>)

SUNDAY MARCH 28TH . THE HELLFIRE CLUB, MANCHESTER

DJ LINEUP INCLUDES SOUL SAM . MARIA WILINGHAM & GUEST .PHIL SHIELDS . CHRIS MORGAN. ANDY BELLWOOD . PAUL HAVEKIN . BRETT FRANKLIN . DAVE RIMMER . MATT SMART . NORTHERN NEV .

SIR KENNETH AITCHISON . JIMMY MACK . THE ATTIC ALL-STARS . BANBURY S.C.. JUMPIN JOAN . GEORGE MAHOOD AKA BIG G . GEOFF BUCKLEY . JOHN BAXTER .

read the reviews

&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>)

Me & Debs so looking forward to this, do love djing in yorkshire i'll be trying to mix it up a little as best I can

as the music policy is wicked:wicked: not sure iI will be playing much latin, only own about 5 tunes of that genre.

can't wait to get behind the decks again, was dj'ing at stafford rangers last week that was a ball

and hopefully driving beat will be fantastic as well .

hope thers not too many sore knees come saturday

AND AS FOR YOU MATTY IF YOU CALL ME KING OF THE KOP :thumbsup: EVER AGAIN THER'LL BE TROUBLE........

im an Evertonian you plonker how would you like it if I called you a bradford city supporter:P

see you all friday

Flanny & Debs

Me & Debs so looking forward to this, do love djing in yorkshire i'll be trying to mix it up a little as best I can

as the music policy is wicked:wicked: not sure iI will be playing much latin, only own about 5 tunes of that genre.

can't wait to get behind the decks again, was dj'ing at stafford rangers last week that was a ball

and hopefully driving beat will be fantastic as well .

hope thers not too many sore knees come saturday

AND AS FOR YOU MATTY IF YOU CALL ME KING OF THE KOP ohmy.gif EVER AGAIN THER'LL BE TROUBLE........

im an Evertonian you plonker how would you like it if I called you a bradford city supporter:P

see you all friday

Flanny & Debs

Play what you want within our across the board quality policy Flanny. Thats what we wnat from our guests, to come and enjoy themselves and not feel pressured into playing their tried and trusted all the time.

Cant wait til Friday now, not long.

Guest Ste Brazil

looking forward to Friday, have a good friend up from Brighton paying a visit plus a life long friend over to celebrate the birth of his son so a top night for me - bring it on!!

Ste.thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

FIRST TIME TO DRIVING BEAT FOR ME LOOKING FORWARD TO IT thumbsup.gif

JUST FINISHED WORK GENTLE LITTLE NUDGE UP FOR THIS UN...........good.gif

Edited by Dale

JUST FINISHED WORK GENTLE LITTLE NUDGE UP FOR THIS UN...........good.gif

have you let them know that you'll have Trev Thomas & sales box in tow ( ha ha ) laugh.gif

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL , TADCASTER nr YORK,

SAT 27TH March 2010. 7.30PM -1AM. £6 otd only

Venue is the restored 1920s, art deco ballroom with a fantastic main room (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England), balcony & upstairs rare soul room

Resident DJs PAT BRADY, TONY HATFIELD, JOHN PARKER , TREV THOMAS, ANDY BELLWOOD, MARTYN BYRD & DALE BYERS

SPECIAL GUEST DJs MICK H & Eddie Wainwright

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

have you let them know that you'll have Trev Thomas & sales box in tow ( ha ha ) laugh.gif

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL , TADCASTER nr YORK,

SAT 27TH March 2010. 7.30PM -1AM. £6 otd only

Venue is the restored 1920s, art deco ballroom with a fantastic main room (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England), balcony & upstairs rare soul room

Resident DJs PAT BRADY, TONY HATFIELD, JOHN PARKER , TREV THOMAS, ANDY BELLWOOD, MARTYN BYRD & DALE BYERS

SPECIAL GUEST DJs MICK H & Eddie Wainwright

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

Oh dear, just been paid today too unsure.gif

Just seen the RSH date Andy - day after That Driving Beat in March, i smell a monster weekend coming on!!

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and Driving Beat virgins down there tonight, promises to be a cracker. Packing the box later and ALL the jocks are well up for it!!