• Replies 16
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-3008-12630535056406_thumb.jpg

Has anyone one else seen or got this pressing of the record. I had never seen it before.

As you can see it is titled differently, not 'Lady, Lady, Lady (are you crazy for me)

It's a hard record for certain, I only know of a couple of copies, and I'm sure there's another interesting story behind the first and second press credit changes.

I've got a Canadian RCA copy....which I'd say is pretty rare too.....yes.gif

Social source share

I had one, got it off Rob Smith for the same price as a Boogie Man Orch copy (75p).

I had bought the BMO copy some years before, but when I saw that different credit/title it really intrigued me. Rob didn't seem too concerned that it might be an unusual/original copy as it was 'only' the BMO.

I like the sound of the RCA copy though, I've never seen one of those.

best,

RB

Social source share

I had one, got it off Rob Smith for the same price as a Boogie Man Orch copy (75p).

I had bought the BMO copy some years before, but when I saw that different credit/title it really intrigued me. Rob didn't seem too concerned that it might be an unusual/original copy as it was 'only' the BMO.

I like the sound of the RCA copy though, I've never seen one of those.

best,

RB

Here ya go.......

post-8628-12631533429274_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Dear all - enjoying this thread as this toon is a big personal fave of mine - always has been - I had a copy of the RCA 12" last year - think it was Canadian? 3 other disco/soul tunes on there - cut nice and loud - sounding great and I think I remember it being longer than any other version I'd heard before...flew out...

Social source share

Interesting that it got a major label issue in Canada but not in the U.S.

Love to hear the mix on the 12"

Dave

Never knew it was on a 12" !

Disappointed to find the Mel Hayes hasn't reached your Top Dog Sales website though Dave. Will it be doing so soon ?tongue.gif

Social source share

post-3008-12630535056406_thumb.jpg

Has anyone one else seen or got this pressing of the record. I had never seen it before.

As you can see it is titled differently, not 'Lady, Lady, Lady (are you crazy for me)

I knew it existed, but its the first time i have seen it! Blackpool Mecca?!!

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Lady lady lady Boogie Man Orchestra is a very underrated cheapie. Anyone play it in their set recently?

Aye I played it at the first Riley Smith Tadcaster last year. It's just a 70's oldies set staple innit?... Usual stuff... cashing in, nine times, tryin to get back to you, jobell, today's people and all that kinda thing etc etc...

Social source share

always do.... mel hayes and or boogie man

Interesting to hear that the Canadian RCA release is rare, I have a white demo, I wonder were people stand with owning one of these compared to the US release, by most of the accounts I read on here it should be treated in the same category as the UK Contempo release as it's not an originalph34r.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!