Soldiers Club - Hednesford

Well I suppose it was inevitable that the shite weather we are all experiencing would take its toll on the attendance at the Soldiers last night it was even snowing when I went out at 6.50pm to set the gear up and coupled with frozen roads and car parks etc I knew we would be down in numbers.

So after ever increasing numbers on the 4 previous nights the brave souls who turned up last night in my opinion deserve medals, however they where treated to a warm welcome and some great oldies music from my guests Pem, Dancing Dave and host Gaz Lees.

Little Al he was well pleased he made the effort to attend consuming copious pints of Carling Premier and double vodka's and tonic at £4.10p a shout beat that.

So we move on and hope the big freeze loosens its grip soon for our next one at the Soldiers on Friday 12th Feb and every 2nd Friday of each month in 2010.

Gaz

• Replies 2
  • Views 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mvb031259

Well yes Gaz the numbers had to be down last night with such atrocious weather :6: . But despite that me and Linda had a ball:good:, such a shame this event falls on a Fri night for me with a real early Sat morning start,it's difficult to get..... As it was my weekend off we were well up for it and so glad we came :D ..... What a cracking dance floor and a great room. Thanks for playing Take Your Time for me just love that track but the music for us was great all night:thumbup:. Now the next dilema do we attempt Manchester for the Wheel on Sunday:chinstroke:. Anyhow in summing up thanks for a great time Gaz i would recomend this event as an absolute MUST for all locals IMHO :good::thumbup:

Well yes Gaz the numbers had to be down last night with such atrocious weather :6: . But despite that me and Linda had a ball:good:, such a shame this event falls on a Fri night for me with a real early Sat morning start,it's difficult to get..... As it was my weekend off we were well up for it and so glad we came :D ..... What a cracking dance floor and a great room. Thanks for playing Take Your Time for me just love that track but the music for us was great all night:thumbup:. Now the next dilema do we attempt Manchester for the Wheel on Sunday:chinstroke:. Anyhow in summing up thanks for a great time Gaz i would recomend this event as an absolute MUST for all locals IMHO :good::thumbup:

Thanks Mike glad you and Linda enjoyed the night was good seeing you there, just typical eh, you having misssed the first 4 which were brilliant you choose the worst night weather wise etc to visit us. Still there may be other times eh! Yeh that Barbara Mills track is great 9/10 'B' sides are shite and get overlooked this one deserves more playtime so I'll start giving it a little plug.

I'd mind the weather if your'e planning to go to the Wheel mate there's 4" of snow predicted on Sunday so take a line from the Invitations mate you could be Sking in the Snow in Manchester:thumbup:

Gaz