Agent45

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest john s

You could PM him on here - he's a member.

And I see he's removed the 'borrowed' content... :unsure:

Edited by john s
Social source share

You could PM him on here - he's a member.

And I see he's removed the 'borrowed' content... :unsure:

Cheers if he did remove it on his own. I had also reported it to Youtube, so they may have done it themselves. You know, if somebody wants to use my content for something else, I'm not an unreasonable man. If you get in touch with me and ASK, and offer to give credit, I may very well say yes.

Social source share

Does anyone here know the person/people behind the INDALOSOULCLUB account on Youtube? I'm not too keen on their theft of my blog content.

Exhibit A: https://georgiasoul.b...-why-i-cry.html

Exhibit B: https://www.youtube.c...h?v=A5Va3nU21G0

Not a good look....

not that it's any of my business but you don't seem to have credited your sources for your excellent blog, unles one makes something up one must have got the info from somewhere! just saying.

Social source share

not that it's any of my business but you don't seem to have credited your sources for your excellent blog, unles one makes something up one must have got the info from somewhere! just saying.

In this particular case, my source was George Hughley himself, so this is all information which I collected on my own. My label scans and sound files are always from my own collection.

Edited by Agent45
Social source share

Hi Brian Poust

I agree with my friends on Soul Source

I removed the video immediately and will not of course do anything to upset you in the future. I am a humble man trying to do a good job for free.

Please join me as a friend on Soul Source and You tube and like others we can work together to spread the word of great Soul Music

Soulfully Yours

Jonathan

Edited by Indalosoulclub
Social source share

I'm absolutely in favor of helping to spread the word about soul music. That's why I have my blog and my website as well. I just hope it makes sense why I would have been upset to begin with. I work very hard to obtain the records I have, and I work even harder to find and interview the artists who I've been fortunate enough to meet over the years for the information I present on my blog. I'm trying to spread the word as well. But when people use what I've written verbatim as if it's their own work, well, it's very frustrating. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not unreasonable but doesn't it make sense to at the very least ask someone's permission and give credit when you use information from another web site?

Jonathan, now that we've been in contact, you do seem like an alright guy and I appreciate your taking the video down. Hell - go ahead and put it back up, but please don't just use my entire blog post without crediting my web site.

Thanks for understanding.

Social source share

In this particular case, my source was George Hughley himself, so this is all information which I collected on my own. My label scans and sound files are always from my own collection.

in that case it makes it all the more interesting, thanks for clearing that up.

Social source share

I'm absolutely in favor of helping to spread the word about soul music. That's why I have my blog and my website as well. I just hope it makes sense why I would have been upset to begin with. I work very hard to obtain the records I have, and I work even harder to find and interview the artists who I've been fortunate enough to meet over the years for the information I present on my blog. I'm trying to spread the word as well. But when people use what I've written verbatim as if it's their own work, well, it's very frustrating. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not unreasonable but doesn't it make sense to at the very least ask someone's permission and give credit when you use information from another web site?

Jonathan, now that we've been in contact, you do seem like an alright guy and I appreciate your taking the video down. Hell - go ahead and put it back up, but please don't just use my entire blog post without crediting my web site.

Thanks for understanding.

AT LAST - a story on Soul Source with an amicable ending.Good on both of you !!!.....Kev.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Im sure everyone who knows Jonathon will agree that he does a great job with the clips on You Tube which get many hits. When you are searching around for info on artists first job is usually search them on Google and see what comes up. But as we say "Credit where credits due" so I'm pleased the 2 of you have now hooked up and I look forward to viewing posted items from the both of you as you SPREAD THE WORD.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS

Rob & Karen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!