Billy Butler, Right Track, Demo's

Guest 1STFRIEARL

Guest 1STFRIEARL

I'VE GOT TWO BILLY BUTLERS BOTH DEMOS BUT ARE THEY BOTH GENUINE. THEY FEEL AND LOOK DIFFRENT, HELP NEEDED.

NO1

ON THE RIGHT TRACK SIDE HAS MATRIX NO ZSP113544-1C ON THE BOSTON MONKEY SIDE IT HAS ZSP113543-1C

NO2

ON THE RIGHT TRACK SIDE HAS MATRIX NO ZSP113544-1B ON THE BOSTON MONKEY SIDE IT HAS ZSP 113543-1B

TYPE ON NO1 IS A LOT CLEARER AND BETTER SPACED IT IS ALSO SLIGHTLY RAISED MORE AFTER THE BEVEL TO THE CENTRE.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

I'VE GOT TWO BILLY BUTLERS BOTH DEMOS BUT ARE THEY BOTH GENUINE. THEY FEEL AND LOOK DIFFRENT, HELP NEEDED.

NO1

ON THE RIGHT TRACK SIDE HAS MATRIX NO ZSP113544-1C ON THE BOSTON MONKEY SIDE IT HAS ZSP113543-1C

NO2

ON THE RIGHT TRACK SIDE HAS MATRIX NO ZSP113544-1B ON THE BOSTON MONKEY SIDE IT HAS ZSP 113543-1B

TYPE ON NO1 IS A LOT CLEARER AND BETTER SPACED IT IS ALSO SLIGHTLY RAISED MORE AFTER THE BEVEL TO THE CENTRE.

Not too much up on this kinda thing but it seems to be to be different stampers or summat like that.

The metal plates the discs were stamped from were taken from a mother stamper. A certain number of stampers are taken fom the mother stamper hence 1B and 1C

I think that may be the reason, not deffo though.

Might be a load of bollox in which case someone will surely be along soon to say so :laugh:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest 1STFRIEARL

Not too much up on this kinda thing but it seems to be to be different stampers or summat like that.

The metal plates the discs were stamped from wear out and are replace with new ones hence the 1B and 1C

Might be a load of bollox in which case someone will surely be along soon to say so :laugh:

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME THANKS

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME THANKS

Don't take it as gospel mate, I normally talk a load of shite :laugh:

PS I edited my original reply before you quoted my unedited reply :huh: - see, told ya I talk shite

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

The metal plates the discs were stamped from were taken from a mother stamper. A certain number of stampers are taken fom the mother stamper hence 1B and 1C

It is a Rare DEMO & Counterfeit Copies MAY Exist, However;

Here is my copy, STYRENE, STAMPED & Normally with OKeh Records but not always, J- Preceeds in the Matrix DENOTING a DEMO.

Okeh_4-7245a_DJ-1.gif

Social source share

Guest 1STFRIEARL

just dont want to sell one and have come back, but the no1 rec looks much better the type, weight, paper. i was wondering if they where from diffrent pressing plants maybe east, west ?

Social source share

Guest 1STFRIEARL

Are thet both on styrene,also do they have a large 45 logo

or a small 45 logo on the labels?

Dave f..........

yes both styrene and large 45 logo on label

Social source share

Guest 1STFRIEARL

It is a Rare DEMO & Counterfeit Copies MAY Exist, However;

Here is my copy, STYRENE, STAMPED & Normally with OKeh Records but not always, J- Preceeds in the Matrix DENOTING a DEMO.

Okeh_4-7245a_DJ-1.gif

thanks rodger they both have the j- when i put my glasses on, its just the spacing of the typing thats diffrent the no's on right hand side on record no2 are the same as the one you have posted, on rec no1 they are slightly smaller and are 4-7245 then underneath zsp113544, no j

Edited by 1STFRIEARL
Social source share

yes both styrene and large 45 logo on label

It's a nice dilemma to have, they both appear to be OK.

My Copy has -1C at the end of the ZTSP # BOTH SIDES

I live in Doncaster & remember going into Angies Records when it was in the Market Place.

Many Okeh DEMO's there in a box however, Photostat Labels

& Vinyl if Memory serves, Counterfeit Copies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are different presses with OKeh & as Dave says Different -A, -B, -C etc depending on Stamper

Here's a couple of odd Stock Copies Different Label Variations & I have seen the White DEMO

Okeh_4-7257a_J-2.gif -1D

Notice this one has ZSP on the Label but JZTSP in the Deadwax

Okeh_4-7257a_J.gif -1B

Notice this one has JZSP on the Label but ZTSP in the Deadwax

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest 1STFRIEARL

It's a nice dilemma to have, they both appear to be OK.

My Copy has -1C at the end of the ZTSP # BOTH SIDES

I live in Doncaster & remember going into Angies Records when it was in the Market Place.

Many Okeh DEMO's there in a box however, Photostat Labels

& Vinyl if Memory serves, Counterfeit Copies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are different presses with OKeh & as Dave says Different -A, -B, -C etc depending on Stamper

Here's a couple of odd Stock Copies Different Label Variations & I have seen the White DEMO

Okeh_4-7257a_J-2.gif -1D

Notice this one has ZSP on the Label but JZTSP in the Deadwax

Okeh_4-7257a_J.gif -1B

Notice this one has JZSP on the Label but ZTSP in the Deadwax

thanks rodger i can sell one know with the confidence its not a boot i to live in doncaster, conisbrough. until resently was doing the earl hotel with terry wright. such a good venue for soul.

Social source share

thanks rodger i can sell one know with the confidence its not a boot i to live in doncaster, conisbrough. until resently was doing the earl hotel with terry wright. such a good venue for soul.

I have been to The Earl Of Doncaster, a few years ago now though, when John Philips was DJ

Unfortunaltely no longer active I believe, such a shame, had some good nights there.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!