Kingston Soul Club Barnsley

Guest shaun123

Guest shaun123

Having just returned from the kingstone club Barnsley with my girl friend karen , What a top night as always thanks to derek & tom plus deno very quiet early on but soon began to

fill up with the chesterfield crew what a great bunch of people also johna & rachel & gav from goole and a few of the local faces making a appearance.The best thing for me was mickey two dinners what a excelent spot dance floor packed with dancers all sweating and enjoying themselfs top night keep up the good work boys

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Tarnlad

Having just returned from the kingstone club Barnsley with my girl friend karen , What a top night as always thanks to derek & tom plus deno very quiet early on but soon began to

fill up with the chesterfield crew what a great bunch of people also johna & rachel & gav from goole and a few of the local faces making a appearance.The best thing for me was mickey two dinners what a excelent spot dance floor packed with dancers all sweating and enjoying themselfs top night keep up the good work boys

Agreed mate, what a fantastic night, Tom Dek Deno , total respectthumbup.gif , Mick , what can I say, prob's the best Northern Soul spot i,ve heardhatsoff2.gif

Guest Jonah 1959

I must agree with Shaun it was an excellent night yet again at the Kingston,Mickey 2dinners did an absolute cracking spot he even plucked up the courage to speak on the mic.

Keep up the good work lads another cracking night.

Jonah,Rachel,Gav,Heather,Alex and last but not least young Erin

KTF

:hatsoff2:last night was a bit special though, numbers were down probably due to the weather but a fair few of us ventured out thankfully and a few new faces, what really did it it for me was the ripples of applause when carl and co were dancing and performing on the floor, it was magic and the clapping during and at the end of nearly every record ,nights like this have to be savoured and look forward to the next one, :hatsoff2:

Agreed mate, what a fantastic night, Tom Dek Deno , total respect:thumbup: , Mick , what can I say, prob's the best Northern Soul spot i,ve heard:hatsoff2:

:lamsey::thumbup:for the complimants i thankyou, ive still got a smile on mi face from last nite, i proper enjoyed playing , and the dancing was awsome , what an atmosphere , thanks to dek ,tom and deano for giving me a chance to play , kingstone for me just gets better every time , such good music and fantastic friends :thumbup: ps mi head hurts , drunk tooooo much :hypo:

any chance of some playlists

along comes mary - julius wetcher

here she comes - the tymes

thats not love - holly stjames

prove yourself a lady - james bounty

let me make you happy - billy woods

jeanette- wade flemons

till you give in - bobby patterson

stop - bobby diamond

mine exclusively- olympics

before its too late - jackie day

a little togetherness - younghearts

change you ways - willie kendrick

free for all - philip mitchell

cool jerk - capitols

baby do the philly dog - olympics

show me - joe tex

tell her - dean parrish

im gettin on life - wombat

wait a minute - tim tam and the turn ons

the trip - dave mitchell

hey sah lo ney - mickey lee laine

sock it to em jb - rex garvin

so is the sun - world column

the champion - willie mitchell

Edited by mickey2dinners

hatsoff2.giflast night was a bit special though, numbers were down probably due to the weather but a fair few of us ventured out thankfully and a few new faces, what really did it it for me was the ripples of applause when carl and co were dancing and performing on the floor, it was magic and the clapping during and at the end of nearly every record ,nights like this have to be savoured and look forward to the next one, hatsoff2.gif

Well what can i say i walked what seemed to be a hundred mile in freezing cold conditions to the kingston soul club half a mile from my humble aboad and boy was it worth it you bet it was.I always try to get to kingston if i am not dj'ing anywhere else because of the great welcoming old traditional venue it is and last night was no exception but what made it special last night was the chance to hear a full set from a very good friend Mickey and he blew the roof off and it might seem an over used phrase but the dancefloor was packed all the hour and i mean packed (even carl piper had to have a rest)whistling.gif you could give a dj all the big top sounds on the scene but in which order he or she plays them in is what matters and mick did not put a foot wrong and brilliant introductions to the records with little quips at different people (me included)shades.gif all in good humour absolutley brill.Micks set ended and he must have got the best ovation i have seen at kingstone and he deserved it.Mick i do not have to bull you up mate because you are a great friend to all our family and top bloke as well but last night was very special for me bud and ime glad you enjoyed it keep doing what you are doing bud all the best Yocky.good.gifthumbup.gif PS Tom Derek & Dean wont bad eitherthumbup.gif

Well what can i say i walked what seemed to be a hundred mile in freezing cold conditions to the kingston soul club half a mile from my humble aboad and boy was it worth it you bet it was.I always try to get to kingston if i am not dj'ing anywhere else because of the great welcoming old traditional venue it is and last night was no exception but what made it special last night was the chance to hear a full set from a very good friend Mickey and he blew the roof off and it might seem an over used phrase but the dancefloor was packed all the hour and i mean packed (even carl piper had to have a rest)whistling you could give a dj all the big top sounds on the scene but in which order he or she plays them in is what matters and mick did not put a foot wrong and brilliant introductions to the records with little quips at different people (me included)shades all in good humour absolutley brill.Micks set ended and he must have got the best ovation i have seen at kingstone and he deserved it.Mick i do not have to bull you up mate because you are a great friend to all our family and top bloke as well but last night was very special for me bud and ime glad you enjoyed it keep doing what you are doing bud all the best Yocky.:good::thumbup: PS Tom Derek & Dean wont bad either:thumbup:

:lamsey:Thanks yocky , am prowd as punch reading that , all i can say is to see folk dance last nite like that was so good , carl,tim, big roy and alex doing there stuff and all the other fantastic dancers , stood up there watching that was awsome, i tried to play to the floor and seemed to work , still got a lot to learn but that was the most enjoyable nite for me , cheers to everyone there

kindest regards Mickey

thumbsup.gifWELL I MUST SAY ME AND TIM HAD A GREAT TIME AT KINGSTONE,I HAV,NT HAD SO MUCH FUN MESSING ABOUT FOR AGES,THE MUSIC WAS SPOT ON,MICKEY2DINNERS PLAY A GREAT SPOT WHICH HAS GOT YOU A BOOKING AT KINGSWAY HALL,thumbsup.gif ,WELL DONE MATE,YOUNG ALEX MADE ME FEEL 3O AGAIN,LOL,THANKS MATE thumbsup.gif ,EVERYTHING ELSE HAS BEEN ALREADY SAID,thumbup.gifTHANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT UP YORKSHIRE,CARL,EMSC, thumbup.gif

Well what can i say i walked what seemed to be a hundred mile in freezing cold conditions to the kingston soul club half a mile from my humble aboad and boy was it worth it you bet it was.I always try to get to kingston if i am not dj'ing anywhere else because of the great welcoming old traditional venue it is and last night was no exception but what made it special last night was the chance to hear a full set from a very good friend Mickey and he blew the roof off and it might seem an over used phrase but the dancefloor was packed all the hour and i mean packed (even carl piper had to have a rest)whistling.gif you could give a dj all the big top sounds on the scene but in which order he or she plays them in is what matters and mick did not put a foot wrong and brilliant introductions to the records with little quips at different people (me included)shades.gif all in good humour absolutley brill.Micks set ended and he must have got the best ovation i have seen at kingstone and he deserved it.Mick i do not have to bull you up mate because you are a great friend to all our family and top bloke as well but last night was very special for me bud and ime glad you enjoyed it keep doing what you are doing bud all the best Yocky.good.gifthumbup.gif PS Tom Derek & Dean wont bad eitherthumbup.gif

YOUR RIGHT THERE YOKI,MY LEGS WERE FEELING THE PACE,,THE CRAMP SET IN TO,CARL,EMSCshhh.gif

thumbsup.gifWELL I MUST SAY ME AND TIM HAD A GREAT TIME AT KINGSTONE,I HAV,NT HAD SO MUCH FUN MESSING ABOUT FOR AGES,THE MUSIC WAS SPOT ON,MICKEY2DINNERS PLAY A GREAT SPOT WHICH HAS GOT YOU A BOOKING AT KINGSWAY HALL,thumbsup.gif ,WELL DONE MATE,YOUNG ALEX MADE ME FEEL 3O AGAIN,LOL,THANKS MATE thumbsup.gif ,EVERYTHING ELSE HAS BEEN ALREADY SAID,thumbup.gifTHANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT UP YORKSHIRE,CARL,EMSC, thumbup.gif

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifThanks carl , thats brilliant will be an honour to play at kingsway, to be asked to do any spot is great and thanks to all mi mates who encourage me and help and these guys are all top dj,s dek n tom shirley and joyce , yocky and the youngens too alex and pete , all i do is watch and listen and take bits from everyone , am still buzzing after last nite esp wi all the brill comments on here

regards mickey

Edited by mickey2dinners
Guest BrandySistaShirl

:thumbup::thumbup:Thanks carl , thats brilliant will be an honour to play at kingsway, to be asked to do any spot is great and thanks to all mi mates who encourage me and help and these guys are all top dj,s dek n tom shirley and joyce , yocky and the youngens too alex and pete , all i do is watch and listen and take bits from everyone , am still buzzing after last nite esp wi all the brill comments on here

regards mickey

it was a fantastic night .

great music from all d.js:thumbup: mick were proud o ya.you did a great spot.but u drink 2 much.x

it was a fantastic night .

great music from all d.jsthumbup.gif mick were proud o ya.you did a great spot.but u drink 2 much.x

Shirl Even though I wasn't there as I was down the M1 for Nel and Jean coming back from Oz at Heathrow, I have noticed he does have a few too many. (That Blue Meths stuff I think) Well done Sweetie be proud.hatsoff2.gif

Love Jx

I CAN'T ESCAPE - RITCHIE ADAMS

HELP ME -AL WILSON

PLAYIN' HIDE AND SEEK - EDDIE REGAN

YOU DIDN'T SAY A WORD - YVONNE BAKER

YOU'RE GONNA MAKE ME LOVE YOU - SANDI SHELDON

DO YOU LOVE ME BABY - MASQUERADERS

YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE- JOHNNY CASWELL

GO FOR YOURSELF - LARRY LASTER

THAT'SNO WAY TO TREAT A GIRL - MARIE KNIGHT

GONNA BE A BIG THING - YUM YUMS

THESE THINGS WILL KEEP ME LOVING YOU - BLUE SHARKS

YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR - DANA VALERY

I'LL DO ANYTHING - DORIS TROY

GET IT BABY - STANLEY MITCHELL

KEEP ON RUNNING AWAY - BITS'N PIECES

TICK - TOCK - CONNIE STEVENS

SORRY THATS ALL I CAN REMEMBER

HI MICK, ALL I CAN SAY IS YOUR SPOT WAS THE DOGS BOLLOCK'S BEST SPOT ALL NIGHT WITH OUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. THE OLD DEAR'S HAVE GOT TO PULL SOMETHING OUT OF THE HAT TO BEAT THAT HOUR IN FEBRUARY.ALL IN IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT NUMBERS DOWN BUT DID NOT MATTER.

:lamsey: thanks tom loved every min of it , sure they will top me but who cares coz kingstone always the best whoever is on and numbers didnt matter last nite as long as folk had a good time .

EXCELLENT :lamsey:

Edited by mickey2dinners

Shirl Even though I wasn't there as I was down the M1 for Nel and Jean coming back from Oz at Heathrow, I have noticed he does have a few too many. (That Blue Meths stuff I think) Well done Sweetie be proud.:hatsoff2:

Love Jx

:lamsey:Thanks joy and shirley , ive had a good set of teachers aint i , the music and esp the drinking wi you lot , he he

Guest BrandySistaShirl

HI MICK, ALL I CAN SAY IS YOUR SPOT WAS THE DOGS BOLLOCK'S BEST SPOT ALL NIGHT WITH OUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. THE OLD DEAR'S HAVE GOT TO PULL SOMETHING OUT OF THE HAT TO BEAT THAT HOUR IN FEBRUARY.ALL IN IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT NUMBERS DOWN BUT DID NOT MATTER.

EXCELLENT :lamsey:

hey up tom

another great nite thanks to you derek n deno:thumbup:

your rite micks set was spot on.

lookin forward to feb.(mite hev a drink caus its mi birtday)

i hope you no what youve let yourself in for askin us to pull something out of the hat:hatsoff2:

the last bloke who said that to us fainted wi shock!!!:wub::wub::wub:

best start working on it.:rolleyes: .x

Guest BrandySistaShirl

:lamsey:Thanks joy and shirley , ive had a good set of teachers aint i , the music and esp the drinking wi you lot , he he

music wise ur spot on matey:thumbup:

drinkin your not int same league:no:

but as your such a gud mate.....us brandy sisters l give u some free lessons.

a

ll you have to do is provide tools for job......that sounds fair dunt it!.:beer::beer::beer::beer::innocent: .x

Guest BrandySistaShirl

thumbsup.gifWELL I MUST SAY ME AND TIM HAD A GREAT TIME AT KINGSTONE,I HAV,NT HAD SO MUCH FUN MESSING ABOUT FOR AGES,THE MUSIC WAS SPOT ON,MICKEY2DINNERS PLAY A GREAT SPOT WHICH HAS GOT YOU A BOOKING AT KINGSWAY HALL,thumbsup.gif ,WELL DONE MATE,YOUNG ALEX MADE ME FEEL 3O AGAIN,LOL,THANKS MATE thumbsup.gif ,EVERYTHING ELSE HAS BEEN ALREADY SAID,:thumbup:THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT UP YORKSHIRE,CARL,EMSC, :thumbup:

hi carl

good of you n tim to make the journey in this awfull weather.

glad u enjoyed it...always good to see you in barnsley:thumbup:

hope you can make it in feb.

hope to see you all again soon.

k.t.f shirl.x

music wise ur spot on matey:thumbup:

drinkin your not int same league:no:

but as your such a gud mate.....us brandy sisters l give u some free lessons.

a

ll you have to do is provide tools for job......that sounds fair dunt it!.:beer::beer::beer::beer::innocent: .x

whistlingguess al end up goin to bar while yr doing yr spot, birthday en all mmmmm guess the brandy will be flowing lol :good:

Guest BrandySistaShirl

whistling.gifguess al end up goin to bar while yr doing yr spot, birthday en all mmmmm guess the brandy will be flowing lol good.gif

you know us sooooo well matey.

i know i dunt usually partake but just to b sociable i mite hev 1 or 2.whistling.gif .x

any chance of some playlists

I didn't make any notes and was well oiled - These are some requests/tunes I played - no particular order :-

2nd Spot

Smokey & Miracles Miracles - Soulful Shack

Carl Holmes - Soul Dance number 3

Rosebuds - Say You'll be mine

Carl Douglas - Serving a Sentence of Life

Garnet Mimms - Looking for you

Judy Street - What

Herb Ward - Honest to goodness

Jackie Day - Get to stepping

Dennis D'ell - Better Use your head

Crowns - Call Me

Shirley Lawson - One More Chance

Len Jewell- Betting on Love

Ellie Greenwich - Baby

Shirley Ellis - Soul Time

R.Dean Taylor - Lets Go somewhere

Early Spot

Monitors - Share a little Love

Marvalettes - Only your love can save me

Gladys Knight - Aint you glad you chose love

Thelma Houston - I aint going nowhere

Edwin Star - Way Over There

Spinners - What more could a boy ask for

Edwin Starr - I want my baby Back

Kim Weston - A Thrill a moment

Debonaires - How's your new love treating you

Tammi terrell - Come on and see me

Miracles - If your mother only knew

Fantastic 4 - Can't stop looking for my baby

Jack Montgomery - Do you Believe

Four Tops - Is there Anything I can do

Supremes - Misery makes its home in my heart

Derek Martin - Daddy Rolling Stone

Lula Reed - Walk on by me

just to echo what has allready been said. what a great great night. me , carl, shirley, joyce, tim, all the other dancers what a time we had. while mickey 2 dinners where spinin the records, everyone just enjoyed the night so so much, great thanks to you mick, i have not danced that much in ages lol, to wear carl out takes some doing but you did it, i was supprissed as many others. mick you are a far better dj than most people out there, get up there and do your stuff! see you all at the metrodome this saturday, keep on alex simms

just to echo what has allready been said. what a great great night. me , carl, shirley, joyce, tim, all the other dancers what a time we had. while mickey 2 dinners where spinin the records, everyone just enjoyed the night so so much, great thanks to you mick, i have not danced that much in ages lol, to wear carl out takes some doing but you did it, i was supprissed as many others. mick you are a far better dj than most people out there, get up there and do your stuff! see you all at the metrodome this saturday, keep on alex simms

blush.gifThanks alex thats really good of you to say that, im just glad everyone enjoyed the nite , said it before but im learning from all you lot so ive got some cracking teachers , im enjoying doing the spots and watchin you all dance, as i cant dance much at the min ,but im sure you will keep reminding me of that , dodgy hip lol

See ya soon matey lamsey.gif