Kay Gee Bee

Guest Barry Holland

Guest Barry Holland

thumbup.gifI would like to thank everyone who came to the KGB last night.thumbup.gif On such a lousy night, you all put yourselves out to come down and see us. That is what's special about all the KGB crowd. hatsoff2.gif To make that special KGB atmosphere into an awesome atmosphere, was the arrival of some of the Notts crew.hatsoff2.gif Thanks to Pete and Susan for spreading the word. I thank you all. thumbup.gif All the D.J.'s did excellent spots, Little Al, Soulman Martin, Chris Brooke, played great tunes all night. thumbup.gif Thanks lads. Hope to see you all next time. Barry and Ann. KGB. KTF.thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

what a fantstic start to 2010 at the KGB hatsoff2.gif really good night the place was bouncin, fantastic spots from all DJ's chris brooke played a blinder full spot of uptempo oldies what more can u ask for brilliant !! thumbup.gif the whole night was fantastic and was great to see all the notts crew up great to see you alll its always fantastic enjoyed when we was all stompin together that was good thumbup.gif look forward to next one usual.

KTF liam thumbsup.gif

Guest Barry Holland

what a fantstic start to 2010 at the KGB hatsoff2.gif really good night the place was bouncin, fantastic spots from all DJ's chris brooke played a blinder full spot of uptempo oldies what more can u ask for brilliant !! thumbup.gif the whole night was fantastic and was great to see all the notts crew up great to see you alll its always fantastic enjoyed when we was all stompin together that was good thumbup.gif look forward to next one usual.

KTF liam thumbsup.gif

I forgot to say how gratefull i am to yourself and Little Al for the help you gave me in the daytime. hatsoff2.gif Due to my recent health issues the help was essential to get this night up and running.thumbup.gif Once again thanks from me and Ann, it would 've been extremely difficult without the help. All the best. Barry and Ann. KGB.KTF.thumbup.gif

Edited by Barry Holland

I forgot to say how gratefull i am to yourself and Little Al for the help you gave me in the daytime. hatsoff2.gif Due to my recent health issues the help was essential to get this night up and running.thumbup.gif Once again thanks from me and Ann, it would 've been extremely difficult without the help. All the best. Barry and Ann. KGB.KTF.thumbup.gif

its a pleasure to help you out mate that is why i do every month and we have a laff anyway i can practice a few moves u can tell me what they like n blast some sounds out ! thumbup.gif

KTF thumbsup.gif

Bless ya mate we really dont mind helping out that's what mates are for. Absolutely fantastic night last night great crowd in the bad weather didnt seem to put people off. Pete & Susan nice to see you both again and nice to meet your mate Tomo. Roll on the next KGB heres my playlist from 9/10pm although not in order. thumbsup.gif

willie mitchell - barefootin

bb king - think it over

johhny nash - love aint nothin

gospel classics - more love thats what we need

wilson pickett - let me be your boy

garnett mimms - looking for you

formations - top of the stairs

george torrence & the naturals - so long goodbye

the producers - lady lady lady

major lance - aint no soul

ed crook - thats alright

lela martin & the soul providers - cant have your cake

billy storm - educated fool

sandra phillips - world without sunshine

don gardner - my baby likes to boogaloo

jeanette white - music

artistics - hope we have

e rodney jones - r & b time pt1

fascinations - girls are out to get you

the precisions - if this is love

julien covey - a little bit hurt

stevie wonder - aint that asking for trouble

jr walker - tune up

miracles - whole lot of shakin in my heart

the marvelettes - your love can save me

:thumbup:I would like to thank everyone who came to the KGB last night.:thumbup: On such a lousy night, you all put yourselves out to come down and see us. That is what's special about all the KGB crowd. :hatsoff2: To make that special KGB atmosphere into an awesome atmosphere, was the arrival of some of the Notts crew.:hatsoff2: Thanks to Pete and Susan for spreading the word. I thank you all. :thumbup: All the D.J.'s did excellent spots, Little Al, Soulman Martin, Chris Brooke, played great tunes all night. :thumbup: Thanks lads. Hope to see you all next time. Barry and Ann. KGB. KTF.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It may be Winter outside but it was red hot at the KGB last night.

The place was absolutely rammed, with the dancefloor packed all night and still buzzing when me an Mrs Soulman left at twenty pass one.

It was a pleasure to be on the other side of the decks for a change and big thanks to Barry and Ann for asking me to spin a few.

For anyone out there like me that likes to read playlists, this is what I played:-

10-11

• Bobby Garrett My little girl Mirwood
  • Jackie Lee Darkest days abc
  • Cavaliers Hold to my baby RCA
  • Southwind Symphony Comin home Glo Lite (request from the Nottingham lads)
  • Mickey Lee Lane Hey Sah Lo Ney Swan
  • Miracles Soulful shack - Tamla LP
  • Brenda Holloway Reconsider Unissued Motown
  • Ivy Joe Hunter Dont stop loving me baby Unissued Motown
  • JJ Barnes Every time I see you I go wild Unissued Motown
  • Marke Jackson Ill never forget you Jamie
  • Garland Green Girl I love you Revue
  • Vibrations Cause your mine Epic
  • Howard Guyton I watched you slowly slip away Verve (DJ)
  • Carstairs It really hurts me girl Red Coach
  • Marvin Holmes You better keep her Brown Door (request from the Nottingham lads)
  • Four Below Zero My babys got ESP Roulette
  • Martha Reeves Heartless Gordy
  • Stevie Wonder Love a go go Tamla LP
  • Artistics The chase is on Brunswick
  • Del Satins Baby your the fire Villa
  • Mitch Ryder Breakout New Voice

Best Wishes

Martin

Edited by Guest

the KGB was really rockin last night !! .....what a true "club" atmosphere it has.....super spots from all of the dj's playing..... and the dancefloor full and varied all night giving everyone in the place something to dance to.... everyone smiling and laughing and really "up for it"...thumbsup.gif

some dancefloor light competition and fun from Liam, Tommo, little Al , simmo, myself n' Susan.. ( Susan being one of the lads as always lolrolleyes.gif ).. the floor was on fire !

the journey from Notts made light from the rewards to be had, the kgb provides a brilliant nite .....Iv'e know Ann n' Barry for well over half my life, they give everything in their power to provide eveyone through the door a warm and genuine welcome ....Nice to see Tony B there too... promoter from "City Limits" with Ray Copley and also Doug from Rotherham transport club.....

I have some pictures to follow later this evening ... i ache so much lolsmile.gif

Pete n' suasn KTF

the KGB was really rockin last night !! .....what a true "club" atmosphere it has.....super spots from all of the dj's playing..... and the dancefloor full and varied all night giving everyone in the place something to dance to.... everyone smiling and laughing and really "up for it"...thumbsup.gif

some dancefloor light competition and fun from Liam, Tommo, little Al , simmo, myself n' Susan.. ( Susan being one of the lads as always lol:rolleyes: ).. the floor was on fire !

the journey from Notts made light from the rewards to be had, the kgb provides a brilliant nite .....Iv'e know Ann n' Barry for well over half my life, they give everything in their power to provide eveyone through the door a warm and genuine welcome ....Nice to see Tony B there too... promoter from "City Limits" with Ray Copley and also Doug from Rotherham transport club.....

I have some pictures to follow later this evening ... i ache so much lol:smile:

Pete n' suasn KTF

Glad the notts crowd enjoyed it. Thanks for the CD Pete I have played it tonight its great mate might see you both at Brighouse next week. :thumbup:

some dancefloor light competition and fun from Liam, Tommo, little Al , simmo, myself n' Susan.. ( Susan being one of the lads as always lolrolleyes.gif ).. the floor was on fire !

I have some pictures to follow later this evening ... i ache so much lolsmile.gif

Pete n' suasn KTF

ye was a great night great to see you lot and nice to see tommo again, it was fantastic when we was all dancing and when all of us did the floorwork as if we was in sync missing eachother by mm great night and thanks for that CD aswell i had a listen it was spot on hopefully you next week at brighouse if i can get down and im aching to mate and looking forward to pics

KTF liamthumbsup.gif

It may be Winter outside but it was red hot at the KGB last night.

The place was absolutely rammed, with the dancefloor packed all night and still buzzing when me an Mrs Soulman left at twenty pass one.

It was a pleasure to be on the other side of the decks for a change and big thanks to Barry and Ann for asking me to spin a few.

For anyone out there like me that likes to read playlists, this is what I played:-

10-11

• Bobby Garrett My little girl Mirwood
  • Jackie Lee Darkest days abc
  • Cavaliers Hold to my baby RCA
  • Southwind Symphony Comin home Glo Lite (request from the Nottingham lads)
  • Mickey Lee Lane Hey Sah Lo Ney Swan
  • Miracles Soulful shack - Tamla LP
  • Brenda Holloway Reconsider Unissued Motown
  • Ivy Joe Hunter Dont stop loving me baby Unissued Motown
  • JJ Barnes Every time I see you I go wild Unissued Motown
  • Marke Jackson Ill never forget you Jamie
  • Garland Green Girl I love you Revue
  • Vibrations Cause your mine Epic
  • Howard Guyton I watched you slowly slip away Verve (DJ)
  • Carstairs It really hurts me girl Red Coach
  • Marvin Holmes You better keep her Brown Door (request from the Nottingham lads)
  • Four Below Zero My babys got ESP Roulette
  • Martha Reeves Heartless Gordy
  • Stevie Wonder Love a go go Tamla LP
  • Artistics The chase is on Brunswick
  • Del Satins Baby your the fire Villa
  • Mitch Ryder Breakout New Voice

Best Wishes

Martin

Bless ya mate we really dont mind helping out that's what mates are for. Absolutely fantastic night last night great crowd in the bad weather didnt seem to put people off. Pete & Susan nice to see you both again and nice to meet your mate Tomo. Roll on the next KGB heres my playlist from 9/10pm although not in order. thumbsup.gif

willie mitchell - barefootin

bb king - think it over

johhny nash - love aint nothin

gospel classics - more love thats what we need

wilson pickett - let me be your boy

garnett mimms - looking for you

formations - top of the stairs

george torrence & the naturals - so long goodbye

the producers - lady lady lady

major lance - aint no soul

ed crook - thats alright

lela martin & the soul providers - cant have your cake

billy storm - educated fool

sandra phillips - world without sunshine

don gardner - my baby likes to boogaloo

jeanette white - music

artistics - hope we have

e rodney jones - r & b time pt1

fascinations - girls are out to get you

the precisions - if this is love

julien covey - a little bit hurt

stevie wonder - aint that asking for trouble

jr walker - tune up

miracles - whole lot of shakin in my heart

the marvelettes - your love can save me

top spot mate as usual thumbup.gif

KTF thumbsup.gif

great spot mate some cracking tunes played and thanks ever so much for the records they are all spot on really good thats a few more ticked of the list appreciate it mate thanks :thumbup:

KTF liam thumbsup.gif

Guest Barry Holland

some dancefloor light competition and fun from Liam, Tommo, little Al , simmo, myself n' Susan.. ( Susan being one of the lads as always lol:rolleyes: ).. the floor was on fire !

I have some pictures to follow later this evening ... i ache so much lol:smile:

Pete n' suasn KTF

Thanks , Pete and Susan. I can't remember knowing you when you were 12 Pete (LOL). Seriously though, like Liam and Al said, was great to see you all up dancing, all at once, one of the best sights ever at the KGB. Was awesome. Look forward to the pics. Barry. KGB. KTF.

Guest Barry Holland

Thanks to Little Al and Soulman Martin for their playlists. Will put some of the tunes i played later. If Chris wants to put his playlist on, would be great. Just to show certain people we do play other things as well as classic northern. Barry. KGB. KTF.

Guest Barry Holland

JUST A SELECTION OF RECORDS I PLAYED LAST NIGHT AT THE KGB

8.00PM - 9.00PM

PRODUCERS - LOVE IS AMAZING

SCIENTISTS OF SOUL - BE'S THAT-A-WAY SOMETIMES

LEN JEWEL - PAINT ME

ULTIMATIONS - WOULD I DO IT OVER

JOHNNY NASH - ( IM SO ) GLAD YOU'RE MY BABY

BOBBY BLAND - SHOES

MAGICIANS - SWEET MAGIC

THE TYMES - HERE SHE COMES

O'JAYS - HOLD ON

RONNIE & ROBYN - AS LONG AS YOU LOVE ME( I'LL STAY)

ROY HANDY - MONKEY SEE , MONKEY DO

MARVYN GAYE - NEED SOMEBODY

12.OO- 1.30 AM

WILLIE MITCHELL - SECRET HOME

PAUL ANKA - WHEN WE GET THERE

JASON KNIGHT - OUR LOVE IS GETTING STRONGER

BOB BRADY - MORE , MORE , MORE OF YOUR LOVE

HIGH KEYES - LIVING A LIE

BILLY PROPHET - WHAT CAN I DO

SPELLBINDERS - HELP ME

MARVYN GAYE - LOVE STARVED HEART

EDDIE HOLLAND - CANDY TO ME

MONITORS - DONT PUT OFF TILL TOMORROW

ISLEY BROTHERS - THATS THE WAY LOVE IS

JNR WALKER - COME SEE ABOUT ME

HESITATIONS - IMPOSSIBLE DRAEM

BARRY HOLLAND. KAY GEE BEE.

KTF liam thumbsup.gif

Thanks Liam, I always try and give the dancers exactly what they want and also to entice everyone else onto the floor .

Phew, yes, what a night - brilliant atmosphere, and dare I say, one of the best nights I've had down there, not just from a deejaying point of view, but as a punter as well.

Great spots from all the jocks - well done lads.

As soon as I finished my spot, I was straight on that floor.

My Playlist 11 - 12 ish

GET IT BABY - STANLEY MITCHELL (DYNAMO)

QUICK CHANGE ARTIST - SOUL TWINS (KAREN)

PSYCHEDELIC SOUL - SAXIE RUSSELL (THOMAS)

SINCE I FOUND MY BABY - METROS (BLACK RCA VICTOR)

THE FAT MAN - BUTCH BAKER (ST. LAWRENCE)

LONELY LONELY GIRL AM I - VELVELETTES (V.I.P)

I'VE BEEN CHEATED - DALTON BOYS (V.I.P. DEMO)

SHING A LING TIME - LIBERTY BELLES (SHOUT DEMO)

JUST ASK ME - LENIS GUESS (LEGRAND)

NOBODY BUT YOU - WOODEN NICKELS (VAULT DEMO)

IT RAINED 40 DAYS AND NIGHTS - JIMMY SCOTT (GIANT)

JUST ANOTHER GIRL - FOUR PRO'S (CARLA DEMO)

I LOST A GOOD THING - GWEN OWENS (VELGO)

THE CHASE IS ON - JOHNNY HOWARD (BASHIE DEMO)

DOUBLE LIFE - JERRY FULLER (CHALLENGE DEMO)

MR BIG SHOT - GENE CHANDLER (CONSTELLATION)

IF ITS ALL THE SAME TO YOU BABE - LUTHER INGRAM (HIB DEMO)

LETS WADE IN THE WATER - MARLENA SHAW (CADET)

OOH BOY - ADORABLES (GOLDEN WORLD)

MY ELUSIVE DREAMS - MOSES & JOSHUA DILLARD (MALA DEMO)

GOIN' TO A HAPPENING - TOMMY NEAL (VOCALLION)

SOCK IT TO 'EM J.B. - REX GARVIN (RED ATLANTIC)

THAT DRIVING BEAT - WILLIE MITCHELL (HI DEMO)

QUITTER NEVER WINS - LARRY WILLIAMS & JOHNNY WATSON (OKEH)

WHAT GOOD AM I - MICKIE CHAMPION (MUSETTE)

MY BABY LIKES TO BOOGALOO - DON GARDNER (TRU GLO TOWN)

Cheers Folks,

CHRIS BROOKE

pics up now ...may be some more to come thumbsup.gif ..... see you all at Brighouse friday or perhaps the Grovsenor saturday thumbsup.gif

pete n' susan KTF

spot on mate thumbup.gif and how are your legs because mine are killing lol laugh.gif

hopefully see u on weekend

KTF thumbsup.gif

Guest Barry Holland

Thanks Liam, I always try and give the dancers exactly what they want and also to entice everyone else onto the floor .

Phew, yes, what a night - brilliant atmosphere, and dare I say, one of the best nights I've had down there, not just from a deejaying point of view, but as a punter as well.

Great spots from all the jocks - well done lads.

As soon as I finished my spot, I was straight on that floor.

My Playlist 11 - 12 ish

GET IT BABY - STANLEY MITCHELL (DYNAMO)

QUICK CHANGE ARTIST - SOUL TWINS (KAREN)

PSYCHEDELIC SOUL - SAXIE RUSSELL (THOMAS)

SINCE I FOUND MY BABY - METROS (BLACK RCA VICTOR)

THE FAT MAN - BUTCH BAKER (ST. LAWRENCE)

LONELY LONELY GIRL AM I - VELVELETTES (V.I.P)

I'VE BEEN CHEATED - DALTON BOYS (V.I.P. DEMO)

SHING A LING TIME - LIBERTY BELLES (SHOUT DEMO)

JUST ASK ME - LENIS GUESS (LEGRAND)

NOBODY BUT YOU - WOODEN NICKELS (VAULT DEMO)

IT RAINED 40 DAYS AND NIGHTS - JIMMY SCOTT (GIANT)

JUST ANOTHER GIRL - FOUR PRO'S (CARLA DEMO)

I LOST A GOOD THING - GWEN OWENS (VELGO)

THE CHASE IS ON - JOHNNY HOWARD (BASHIE DEMO)

DOUBLE LIFE - JERRY FULLER (CHALLENGE DEMO)

MR BIG SHOT - GENE CHANDLER (CONSTELLATION)

IF ITS ALL THE SAME TO YOU BABE - LUTHER INGRAM (HIB DEMO)

LETS WADE IN THE WATER - MARLENA SHAW (CADET)

OOH BOY - ADORABLES (GOLDEN WORLD)

MY ELUSIVE DREAMS - MOSES & JOSHUA DILLARD (MALA DEMO)

GOIN' TO A HAPPENING - TOMMY NEAL (VOCALLION)

SOCK IT TO 'EM J.B. - REX GARVIN (RED ATLANTIC)

THAT DRIVING BEAT - WILLIE MITCHELL (HI DEMO)

QUITTER NEVER WINS - LARRY WILLIAMS & JOHNNY WATSON (OKEH)

WHAT GOOD AM I - MICKIE CHAMPION (MUSETTE)

MY BABY LIKES TO BOOGALOO - DON GARDNER (TRU GLO TOWN)

Cheers Folks,

CHRIS BROOKE

Thanks for posting your playlist Chris, cracking spot again. I'll try and get you on sooner next time (LOL). All the best. Barry. KGB. KTF.

Guest Barry Holland

pics up now ...may be some more to come thumbsup.gif ..... see you all at Brighouse friday or perhaps the Grovsenor saturday thumbsup.gif

pete n' susan KTF

thumbup.gifJust seen pics Pete, fantastic, thanks a lot mate. thumbup.gif See you and Susan somewhere soon. Barry. KGB. KTF. thumbup.gif Not sure about Brighouse, gonna try and get to Woody's do at Brierly on saturday. Depends on the medication. (Non alcoholic of course).

Thanks for posting your playlist Chris, cracking spot again. I'll try and get you on sooner next time (LOL). All the best. Barry. KGB. KTF.

Cheers Barry, I'll look forward to that.

Always a pleasure to do a spot at the KGB, brilliant atmos, fantastic appreciative folk and

great hosts.

See you soon, All the best, CHRIS

JUST A SELECTION OF RECORDS I PLAYED LAST NIGHT AT THE KGB

8.00PM - 9.00PM

PRODUCERS - LOVE IS AMAZING

SCIENTISTS OF SOUL - BE'S THAT-A-WAY SOMETIMES

LEN JEWEL - PAINT ME

ULTIMATIONS - WOULD I DO IT OVER

JOHNNY NASH - ( IM SO ) GLAD YOU'RE MY BABY

BOBBY BLAND - SHOES

MAGICIANS - SWEET MAGIC

THE TYMES - HERE SHE COMES

O'JAYS - HOLD ON

RONNIE & ROBYN - AS LONG AS YOU LOVE ME( I'LL STAY)

ROY HANDY - MONKEY SEE , MONKEY DO

MARVYN GAYE - NEED SOMEBODY

12.OO- 1.30 AM

WILLIE MITCHELL - SECRET HOME

PAUL ANKA - WHEN WE GET THERE

JASON KNIGHT - OUR LOVE IS GETTING STRONGER

BOB BRADY - MORE , MORE , MORE OF YOUR LOVE

HIGH KEYES - LIVING A LIE

BILLY PROPHET - WHAT CAN I DO

SPELLBINDERS - HELP ME

MARVYN GAYE - LOVE STARVED HEART

EDDIE HOLLAND - CANDY TO ME

MONITORS - DONT PUT OFF TILL TOMORROW

ISLEY BROTHERS - THATS THE WAY LOVE IS

JNR WALKER - COME SEE ABOUT ME

HESITATIONS - IMPOSSIBLE DRAEM

BARRY HOLLAND. KAY GEE BEE

I WAS LOOKIN FORWARD TOO THE KGB SATURDAY AS I HAD'NT BEEN TO THE LAST 2 THRU OTHER COMMITMENTS AND I WAS'NT DISSAPOINTED! GREAT NIGHT ONCE AGAIN AT THE KGB!KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BARRY AND ANN.KTF TONY B

I WAS LOOKIN FORWARD TOO THE KGB SATURDAY AS I HAD'NT BEEN TO THE LAST 2 THRU OTHER COMMITMENTS AND I WAS'NT DISSAPOINTED! GREAT NIGHT ONCE AGAIN AT THE KGB!KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BARRY AND ANN.KTF TONY B

Can't argue with any comments above - it was the KGB at its very best. It was as good as any soul night I've been to in a long time with all the DJs playing excellent spots and keeping the place bouncing all night long. There was a good mix of the well known with some not heard so often, but all had the right tempo and style to keep the dancers (and us relative non-dancers) happy from start to finish. Top stuff guys.

John M.