Calling All London Soul Promoters - 2010 Dates

Boogaloo

Been in contact with Taff (South Essex Soul Club) and Joel (Alma soul) about dates for the year so there's no (or very little clashing of events in the Smoke). Difficult to achieve this 100% but if we all used this thread it would help aleviate any soul congestion issues. I'm aiming this more at clubs rather than allnighters but there's nothing to stop anyone putting on an allnighter to list their dates as well.

I'll kick this off with mine.

Boogaloosoul (all Sat nights)

6th March

9th May

26th June - 9th anniversary - provisional date

3rd October

11th December

• Replies 48
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the major

Been in contact with Taff (South Essex Soul Club) and Joel (Alma soul) about dates for the year so there's no (or very little clashing of events in the Smoke). Difficult to achieve this 100% but if we all used this thread it would help aleviate any soul congestion issues. I'm aiming this more at clubs rather than allnighters but there's nothing to stop anyone putting on an allnighter to list their dates as well.

I'll kick this off with mine.

Boogaloosoul (all Sat nights)

6th March

9th May

26th June - 9th anniversary - provisional date

3rd October

11th December

Hiya Warren,

good call mate.

Towerfull O' Soul @ The River Bar, SE1 2UP

2010 Dates are:

22nd Jan

19th Mar

21st May 1st Anniversary 'til 2AM

23rd Jul

17th Sep

19th Nov

its nice that promoters can get together and try to avoid clashes...plus it means us punters can work out where we can go well in advance....well done lads

Queen of Fools aka Chrissie O has been running a "Soul Calendar" for the last 2 or 3 years doing exactly this & it covers London as well as Beds Herts etc & is emailed every month to whoever wants a copy & I think is also posted to various websites including this one.

At the risk of her taking this the wrong way & trying to make a grab for my kneesboxing.gif may I say she does an excellent jobthumbsup.gif

Dave

As we have been for the last five years, we are on the last Saturday of every month, although this year I have decided not to do March and June as well as August.

Our dates are;

January 30th, February 27th, April 24th, May 29th, July 31st, September 25th, October 30th and November 27th - not sure about Christmas yet.

Cheers Warren for posing the question.

Dave

From www.6ts.info

2010 100 Club All-nighter Dates

Jan 9th

Feb 13th

March 13th

April 17th

May 22nd

July 3rd

Aug 14th

Sept 18th - Anniversary - ticket only event

Oct 30th

Dec 11th

2010 Christmas Party - Thurs. 23rd December, 9pm-2am

6Ts Weekender 2010:

Cleethorpes Weekender is 11th-13th June

Crossfire 2010:

Crossfire 15 - Easter Sunday, 4th April, 10pm to 6am

Well done Warren will get back to yours and others PMs soon.

Queen of Fools aka Chrissie O has been running a "Soul Calendar" for the last 2 or 3 years doing exactly this & it covers London as well as Beds Herts etc & is emailed every month to whoever wants a copy & I think is also posted to various websites including this one.

At the risk of her taking this the wrong way & trying to make a grab for my kneesboxing.gif may I say she does an excellent jobthumbsup.gif

Dave

Hi All

As Dave pointed out, there is a calendar that was initially started to try and avoid clashes and cover beds herts and surrounding areas, but as many of us in this area travel regularly to London, we have over the last couple of years carried these as well, i.e. 100 club, Walls of Heartache, Capone's and SHS.

More than happy to include anyone elses dates, please can you email me your dates at queenoffools@hotmail.co.uk then I will have your email address for the regular news letter, calendar and updates.

I will take the dates on here for Boogaloo and Towerful of Soul but, Warren and Major, please can you email me on the above so I will have your email addresses and I can include you in the mailing list.

Here's looking forward to a great 2010.

QoFxx

Just read this...

Well done Warren and everyone else,including Chrissie(o)for the calender format.

GROOVESVILLE SOUL CLUB,The Angel,The Broadway,Bedford,MK40 2TH.

All Saturdays (Mini-nighters till at least 04.00am,maybe later).

SATURDAY 23rd January(DJs Fred Krol,Steve G,Cliff Steele,Molly,Dr Pickles,Bearsy,+1 other)

SATURDAY 8th May(DJs Karl Heard,Ted Massey,Shorny Hayden & Chris Latham,Steve G,Molly,Steve C,Cliff Steele,Dr Pickles)

SATURDAY 21st August(DJs John Mclurre,Ezzie Brown,Steve Green,Bob Charnok,Cliff Steele,Molly,SteveG,Dr Pickles +1 other)

Saturday 23rd October (DJs Andy Dyson,Colin Wood,Cliff Steele,Cliff Camfield & Phil Kolowski,Dr Pickles,Steve G + 1other)

January 23rd is FREE ENTRY to all its our anniversary bash.

Toby

We have decided to do more Filthy Soul alldayers this year,been given all the bank holiday Sundays:

4th April.

2rd May.

30 May.

29 Aug.

19 Dec.(just gotta confirm this with pub owner)

We are also gonna try and have a few later finishs (1am)but will start em a hour later (15.00).

Dj guests t.b.a.shhh.gif

Wayne.

The first calendar/news letter of the year will be going out tonight.

Attached is the calendar so far for those of you not on the mailing list.

Dates 2010.pdf

QoFxx

Just downloaded the list Chrissie and it's excellent. What this whole thing needs is someone like you who can produce Gantt Charts so the rest of us can organise our lives properly. :thumbup: Great stuff. If it means less (or even better, no) clashing of dates then we're all winners.

Go girl

Guest the major

Just downloaded the list Chrissie and it's excellent. What this whole thing needs is someone like you who can produce Gantt Charts so the rest of us can organise our lives properly. thumbup.gif Great stuff. If it means less (or even better, no) clashing of dates then we're all winners.

Go girl

Here here - well done Chrissie - blimey, how come soulies can sort this yet the scooter clubs still struggle? ph34r.gif

For anybody not on Chrissies mail out etc here's a couple of dates for Solid Hit:

All at Shooting Star Middlesex st. London E1

Friday 19th February

Friday 3rd December

Don't worryohmy.gif there will be a few dates between the two & in a feat previously unknown in Solid Hit History I think we're gonna be so organised as to have dates for the year in the next few days thumbsup.gif

I'm suffering man flu & think I'm going back to bed nowsad.gif

Dave

Guest Andy Kempster

i like to have the list stuck on the fridge door just next to the QPR football fixtures list and the one my girlfriend does for me for when I have my kid at the weekends

without this my life would be total chaoswacko.gif

Here here - well done Chrissie - blimey, how come soulies can sort this yet the scooter clubs still struggle? :ph34r:

To be fair, I can't take all the credit. Rbman started it off about 5 years ago and I inherited it off him the following year:hatsoff2:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest the major

To be fair, I can't take all the credit. Rbman started it off about 5 years ago and I inherited it off him the following yearhatsoff2.gif

QoFxx

In which case:

...And Martin for an OBE ....king.gif

Hi everyone, these are our VaVaVoom dates for 2010.

April 24th

July 24th

October 16th

Sorry if we've clashed with anyone else's nights but it was impossible not to clash with something & had to take what was available at our venue. Hopefully nothing local anyway.

Hope to see you later in the year.

Cheers Ady

Do you want me to bring chicken soup and mop your fevered brow wicked.gif

QoFxx

nono.gif Steady QoF................After sleeping for most of the daysweatingbullets.gif I seem to be on the road to recoverythumbsup.gif until I go back to work & get caught up in the circle of germs that never seem to leave my office angry.gif

Guest Ollie Lailey

Hey,

The next Crystal Palace Soul @ The Alma is on Sat March 20th. Have not got the dates for the rest of the year but will try to avoid any clashes.

All the best Ollie

Hi everyone, these are our VaVaVoom dates for 2010.

April 24th

July 24th

October 16th

Sorry if we've clashed with anyone else's nights but it was impossible not to clash with something & had to take what was available at our venue. Hopefully nothing local anyway.

Hope to see you later in the year.

Cheers Ady

Have added them to the calendar but you will need to email me so I can put you on the mailing listhatsoff2.gif

QoFxx

Hey,

The next Crystal Palace Soul @ The Alma is on Sat March 20th. Have not got the dates for the rest of the year but will try to avoid any clashes.

All the best Ollie

Have added them to the calendar but you will need to email me so I can put you on the mailing list:hatsoff2:

QoFxx

Ditto

QoFxx

i like to have the list stuck on the fridge door just next to the QPR football fixtures list and the one my girlfriend does for me for when I have my kid at the weekends

without this my life would be total chaoswacko.gif

COME ON YOU R,S

Sweetsoul Newark Notts

12/02/2010

12/03/2010

09/04/2010

14/05/2010

11/06/2010

09/07/2010

13/08/2010

10/09/2010

08/10/2010

16/10/2010 Sat Dougs 60th

12/11/2010

10/12/2010

always on a Friday unless stated

COME ON ITS ONLY A 120 MILES OR SO FROM LONDON AND ITS ON THE MAIN LINE AND THERE ARE A FEW HOTELS

Edited by Makemvinyl
Guest bdesoul

New Venue, New Venture and trying to stay Clear of others dates.

North of Watford Dates for 2010.

6th Feb 2010

10th April 2010

3rd July 2010

4th Sept 2010

6th Nov 2010 Provisional at moment.

Chrissie could you do the honours and add these to your magnificent calendar.

Thanks a lot B De-H

New Venue, New Venture and trying to stay Clear of others dates.

North of Watford Dates for 2010.

6th Feb 2010

10th April 2010

3rd July 2010

4th Sept 2010

6th Nov 2010 Provisional at moment.

Chrissie could you do the honours and add these to your magnificent calendar.

Thanks a lot B De-H

No!!!!tongue.gif cos one of your dates clashes with my annual fundraiserlaugh.giflaugh.gif

Of course I will and wish you well with your new venue. Please can you let me have your email address so I can add you to the mailing list for updates.

QoFxx

For anybody not on Chrissies mail out etc here's a couple of dates for Solid Hit:

All at Shooting Star Middlesex st. London E1

Friday 19th February

Friday 3rd December

Don't worryohmy.gif there will be a few dates between the two & in a feat previously unknown in Solid Hit History I think we're gonna be so organised as to have dates for the year in the next few days thumbsup.gif

I'm suffering man flu & think I'm going back to bed nowsad.gif

Dave

Another date added for Solid Hit thumbsup.gif

We now have:

Friday19th February

Friday 30th April

Friday 3rd December

We should have the full years dates soonhatsoff2.gif

Dave

Edited by SHSDave

All dates added for Solid Hit thumbsup.gif

We now have:

Friday19th February

Friday 30th April

Friday 4th June

Friday 6th August

Friday 8th October

Friday 3rd December

Hope to see you there, all DJs to be announced soon (I think), as usual they're the bollox:good::hatsoff2:

Dave

Edited by SHSDave
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Warren,

Great idea thanks Rob

Mousetrap 20 March + 7 August + 11 Dec

New allnighter Volcano @ Charlotte St Blues Club (6 Feb + 1 May + 3 July + 11 Sept + 20 Nov)

Crossfire Sunday 4 April & Sat 9 October

29 August Brighton Got Soul allnighter

31 Dec Va Va Voom @ New Untouchables allnighter

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would upload the latest version of the calendar for those not on the mailing list, as there have been a couple of changes.

Please note that there are some allnighter/weekender dates on the calendar and I will only be updating this in the Soul Nite Talk section now the 2 forums have been split.

QoFxx

Dates 2010.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick note to say, that for the time being I will not be sending out the regular London & SE dates calendar. I am trialling it on a facebook group "Calendar Girl Soul Dates".

https://www.facebook....136881806351186

For those not on facebook, I will continue to post any significant updates on soul source but if you want to receive the weekly event guide please join the facebook group.

I am now accepting dates for 2011. Promoters in the Beds, Herts, London & SE areas please check the calendar before booking any dates so we can continue to keep our area relatively clash free and let me have your 2011 dates asap.

Thanks

QoF xx

Dates 2010 11.pdf

Dates 2010 11.pdf

Edited by chrissie