Orrell Soul Club Sat 9Th Jan

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TRAVELLED TO ORRELL LAST NIGHT IN SUCH COLD CONDITIONS TO SUPPORT US AND TO MAKE IT SUCH AN

EXCELLENT NIGHT. WHAT A GREAT TURNOUT!! good.gif

THE MUSIC, AS ALWAYS, WAS SPOT ON WITH DJS, ANDY GARSIDE, TONY MUNDEY, MARTIN BLUNDELL, WIGAN PAUL AND LES HARRISON PLAYING SOME GREAT MUSIC AND KEEPING THE DANCEFLOOR BUSY ALL NIGHT.

LOADS OF POSITIVE COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE WHO HAD NOT BEEN TO ORRELL BEFORE AND WHO'LL CERTAINLY BE COMING BACK NEXT MONTH.

WELL DONE EVERYONE CONCERNED AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO OUR NEXT NIGHT IN FEBRUARY. :ohmy:

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

After all the last minute hiccups due to the weather and all the work that went into making sure the snow was cleared, it couldn't have gone better. As Brookesy said on the Event thread, real Dunkirk spirit to make sure this was a night to remember for the Anniversary and of course Chrissy and Lynn's birthdays. Big credit to you Ann, Andy and Tony for the work you put in :good:

With the night unfolding as it did, it made up for my disappointment in not having Hobbo & Dave, Mick and Tony C there. See you soon guys thumbsup.gif

I was only too eager to do the spot I was asked to do, so big pats on the back to Les Harrison and Wigan Paul for stepping in and to Andy and Tony for playing blinding sets that kept everyone busy on the floor. (Thanks for playing Little Tommy and Paris, Paul, you know it makes sense :yes: )

Thoroughly enjoyed playing my spot and so chuffed at the dance floor reaction to some of the tunes I played, thanks for that folks.

My playlist cast in alphabetical order (I can't remember the order of appearance :beer::sweatingbullets:not_i.gif )....

Arabians - (Please) Take A Chance On Me - Le Mans

Cavaliers - Dance Little Girl - RCA Victor

Chancellors - All The Way From Heaven - Cap City

Cliff Nobles - My Love Is Getting Stronger - J-V

Danny Moore - Somebody New - Allrite

Dee Dee Barnes - Do What You Wanna Do - Arctic

Edward Hamilton & Arabians - I'm Gonna Love You - Mary Jane

Ernie Marbray - Ain't Nobody's Business - Wee

Falcons - Love Look In Her Eyes - Big Wheel

George Carrow - Angel Baby - Columbia

Howard Guyton - I Watched You Slowly Slip Away - Verve

Isonics - Sugar - Kammy

Johnny Moore - What More Can I Do - Larry-O

Kelly Garrett - Love's The Only Answer - Smash

Puzzles - My Sweet Baby - Fatback

Merle Spears - I Want To Know - Whit

Sheila Ferguson - Heartbroken Memories - Swan

Soulmasters - I'll Be Waiting Here - Raven

Sweet Three - That's The Way It Is - Decca

Syl Foreman - Before I Leave You - Big Star

Truetones - He's Got Nerve - Soulville

Vel-Vets - I Got To Find Me Somebody - 20th Century

Vows Tell Me - VIP

Wade Flemons - Jeanette - Ramsel

Here's to many more anniversaries at Orrell :thumbup:

Edited by Blunny

After all the last minute hiccups due to the weather and all the work that went into making sure the snow was cleared, it couldn't have gone better. As Brookesy said on the Event thread, real Dunkirk spirit to make sure this was a night to remember for the Anniversary and of course Chrissy and Lynn's birthdays. Big credit to you Ann, Andy and Tony for the work you put in good.gif

With the night unfolding as it did, it made up for my disappointment in not having Hobbo & Dave, Mick and Tony C there. See you soon guys :thumbup:

I was only too eager to do the spot I was asked to do, so big pats on the back to Les Harrison and Wigan Paul for stepping in and to Andy and Tony for playing blinding sets that kept everyone busy on the floor. (Thanks for playing Little Tommy and Paris, Paul, you know it makes sense yes.gif )

Thoroughly enjoyed playing my spot and so chuffed at the dance floor reaction to some of the tunes I played, thanks for that folks.

My playlist cast in alphabetical order (I can't remember the order of appearance)....

Arabians - (Please) Take A Chance On Me - Le Mans

Cavaliers - Dance Little Girl - RCA Victor

Chancellors - All The Way From Heaven - Cap City

Cliff Nobles - My Love Is Getting Stronger - J-V

Danny Moore - Somebody New - Allrite

Dee Dee Barnes - Do What You Wanna Do - Arctic

Edward Hamilton & Arabians - I'm Gonna Love You - Mary Jane

Ernie Marbray - Ain't Nobody's Business - Wee

Falcons - Love Look In Her Eyes - Big Wheel

George Carrow - Angel Baby - Columbia

Howard Guyton - I Watched You Slowly Slip Away - Verve

Isonics - Sugar - Kammy

Johnny Moore - What More Can I Do - Larry-O

Kelly Garrett - Love's The Only Answer - Smash

Puzzles - My Sweet Baby - Fatback

Merle Spears - I Want To Know - Whit

Sheila Ferguson - Heartbroken Memories - Swan

Soulmasters - I'll Be Waiting Here - Raven

Sweet Three - That's The Way It Is - Decca

Syl Foreman - Before I Leave You - Big Star

Truetones - He's Got Nerve - Soulville

Vel-Vets - I Got To Find Me Somebody - 20th Century

Vows Tell Me - VIP

Wade Flemons - Jeanette - Ramsel

Here's to many more anniversaries at Orrell thumbup.gif

Great spot Martin----we unfortunately missed the first bit of it but what we did hear was first class!!

Some great tunes from all the DJs, a really good attendance and a brill atmosphere all night------once again well done to all concerned and carry on the good work!! :thumbsup:

So pleased that the night went well for ALL concerned and real sorry that we missed out on being part of "ORRELL'S" 1st Anniversary celebrations - the weather really messed things up for our trip over from "SKEGGY" but rest assured we will make every effort to be with you later in the year..

Keep up the GREAT work folks !!good.gif

All the very best

Dave & Brian.

Just to reiterate whats already been said, A big thank you to Paul & Les for stepping in at such short notice, Thanks to Tony, Martin & Ann for there continued support and help in running Orrell, it has been a good first 12 months lets hope it keeps building over the next 12. The biggest thank you is for all who turned out last night in freezing conditions to make it another great night.

Andy.

Edited by soulster1

We had a great time at the Orrell , first time visit to this club for us . I am sure we will be back.

Was very impressed with the friendly feel about the place , great dancefloor and a good mix of sounds.

SO PLEASED THAT YOU MADE IT AND YOU BOTH HAD A GOOD NIGHT.

THANKS ALSO FOR THE REALLY GOOD REVIEW OF ORRELL IN YOUR BLOG, CARMS. MUCH APPRECIATED.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU A BURY MASONIC ON SATURDAY :good:

Hi Guys

Sorry this is a bit late!!

Firstly id like to say what a wondeful welcome you gave us when we arrived!!thumbup.gif

Im always impresed when you see the actual promotors welcoming the people supporing their venue,, a great start!!

I loved the venue,,, the music was very varied and i heard a bit of stuff that i didnt know!thumbsup.gif

There ware a few selling records in small boxes which is anarak heaven for me !!thumbup.gif

Saw a few people we know which is good and averyone seem to be enjoying the evening and it was a reasonable turn out considering the awful weather!!

Like i said the music was very varied but i wouldnt have classed it as rare and underplayed , but having said that it CERTAINLY wasnt played out oldies for sure!!

One of the DJs played the DU SHONS " You BetterThink It Over" which ive not personally heard out for many a year!! I quite forgot how much i lived the tune!!biggrin.gif

Now on a negative note,, and please take this as constructive critsism guys,, your sound system leaves a lot to be desired!!shhh.gif

It was such a shame as there where some lovely tunes played throuout the evening only to me spoiled buy a very muffled sound ,, just an obserervation to make a boss nite even better!!thumbup.gif

A great venue with the right approach ,, wel deffo be back

Love and soul

Torchboy xhatsoff2.gif

Edited by Torchboy

Hi Guys

Firstly id like to say what a wondeful welcome you gave us when we arrived!!thumbup.gif

Im always impresed when you see the actual promotors welcoming the people supporing their venue,, a great start!!

I loved the venue,,, the music was very varied and i heard a bit of stuff that i didnt know!thumbsup.gif

There ware a few selling records in small boxes which is anarak heaven for me !!thumbup.gif

Saw a few people we know which is good and averyone seem to be enjoying the evening and it was a reasonable turn out considering the awful weather!!

Like i said the music was very varied but i wouldnt have classed it as rare and underplayed , but having said that it CERTAINLY wasnt played out oldies for sure!!

One of the DJs played the DU SHONS " You BetterThink It Over" which ive not personally heard out for many a year!! I quite forgot how much i lived the tune!!biggrin.gif

Now on a negative note,, and please take this as constructive critsism guys,, your sound system leaves a lot to be desired!!shhh.gif

It was such a shame as there where some lovely tunes played throuout the evening only to me spoiled buy a very muffled sound ,, just an obserervation to make a boss nite even better!!thumbup.gif

Love and soul

Torchboy xhatsoff2.gif

Hi Nige thanks for your comments they have been taken onboard, just like to clarify one point Orrell has never been advertised as a rare & under played venue we just play quality Northern soul.good.gif

Hi Guys

Love and soul

Torchboy xhatsoff2.gif

time did you leave mate ?? ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Edited by steptoe

Hi Nige thanks for your comments they have been taken onboard, just like to clarify one point Orrell has never been advertised as a rare & under played venue we just play quality Northern soul.:good:

ORRELL SOUL CLUB

#

Soz bro i really wasnt bein hypa critical ,, we really enjoyed the music and evening for sure!!

Its a bostin club

Seeyas at Bury ???

Nige B

Guest bury masonic

Had a great nite Saturday Andy

Didnt know if to brave it,with the weather but we are glad we did!!

Wot a superb spot Blunny did,glad we got their early to hear his spot::lol:

Paul played some tunes you cud die for (excellent):thumbup:

Youve got to get them speakers sorted mate!!!!:thumbup:

See you weekend

Dereck & Sheila

Bury Masonic Soul Club

Every 3rd Saturday

Next one this Saturday the 16th Jan

Edited by bury masonic

a few tunes i played

lester tipton ...this wont change...la beat

traditions ...twinkle little star...a.bet

little eddie taylor ...i had a good time...pecock

vanguards...good times bad times...lamp

jackey beavers ...love that never grows old both sides ..revilot

caressors...i cant stay away...ru-jac

paris...sleepless nights ...doc'

johnny hampton...not my girl...dotty's

the moments....you said ...deep

jessie james..... are you gonna leave me ....shirley

brice coefield aint that right ...omen

celest hardie....your gone...raynolds

little tommy...baby cant you see....sound of soul

the wooden nickels...nobody but you..vault

the adorables...ooh boy....golden world

dickie wonder...nobody knows...golden triangle

kenny hamber...anything you want artic

jerry cook ...i hurt on the other side...capital

all williams...i am nothting....palmer

sam williams...love slipped through my fingers...tower

george blackwell...cant lose my head ...smoke

Edited by steptoe

We caught your set Steptoe , and very nice it was too . I think we caught some of Tony from Wigan's set too .

We were there early on , so we put three hours in for sure , 3 to 4 hours is usually my threshold, after that a nice warm bed callsinnocent.gif thats no reflection on the club , thats just me.

Can't remember the last time I stayed to the end of any do I have attended.

It's a thing that quite alot of people don't seem to understand ?

We caught your set Steptoe , and very nice it was too . I think we caught some of Tony from Wigan's set too .

We were there early on , so we put three hours in for sure , 3 to 4 hours is usually my threshold, after that a nice warm bed callsinnocent.gif thats no reflection on the club , thats just me.

no need for explanations at all .its not like you just live around the corner is it ?

thumbup.gif and a very special congratulation for little chrissie who spent her 50th birthday celebration at orrell and good the food was too chrissie

Edited by steptoe

Glad you both Enjoyed it Carms, really looking forward to having Nige play for us in March.:thumbup:

ORRELL SOUL CLUB

#

Soz bro i really wasnt bein hypa critical ,, we really enjoyed the music and evening for sure!!

Its a bostin club

Seeyas at Bury ???

Nige B

You were'nt mate, just wish there was more like you if we don't know where we.re going wrong we can't fix it.

Andy.

Edited by soulster1

Hey up,

Let's remove the negativity here a minute. Nige hasn't said anything that there wasn't already an awareness of. He has rightly spotted that the club has an enormous amount going for it and has pointed out, as it has been by others, Paul, that improvements in the sound system would raise the profile of the venue even further. Carms also pointed out, in her blog, that us up t'north support each other and that was very evident on Saturday, with the last minute stepping in of Les and Paul with DJ spots and help with the bins. All appreciated no end by everyone there who had a thoroughly enjoyable night.

Saturday was the 1st anniversary of Orrell in it's current form and getting everything right will take a bit of time and of course that dreaded necessity, money. That money, generally, has to come from Orrell paying for itself and with the costs of running it having to be catered for too, it will take time to get together any reasonable amount which can then be re-invested in higher quality equipment.

Hope I've not stole yer thunder there Andy or said anything out of order.

P.S. Paul, absolutely blinding spot mate and see ya Friday bud. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Blunny

Hey up,

Let's remove the negativity here a minute. Nige hasn't said anything that there wasn't already an awareness of. He has rightly spotted that the club has an enormous amount going for it and has pointed out, as it has been by others, Paul, that improvements in the sound system would raise the profile of the venue even further. Carms also pointed out, in her blog, that us up t'north support each other and that was very evident on Saturday, with the last minute stepping in of Les and Paul with DJ spots and help with the bins. All appreciated no end by everyone there who had a thoroughly enjoyable night.

Saturday was the 1st anniversary of Orrell in it's current form and getting everything right will take a bit of time and of course that dreaded necessity, money. That money, generally, has to come from Orrell paying for itself and with the costs of running it having to be catered for too, it will take time to get together any reasonable amount which can then be re-invested in higher quality equipment.

Hope I've not stole yer thunder there Andy or said anything out of order.

P.S. Paul, absolutely blinding spot mate and see ya Friday bud. thumbsup.gif

I wholeheartedly agree with you there Martin. Well said. Constructive critisism is always welcome, without it we wouldn't be able to sort out any problems that we're not aware of.

In the last 12 months we have had our ups and downs (mainly ups, thank goodness) but that's thanks to everyone who has supported us, and helped to make Orrell go from strength to strength. Here's to the next 12 months

Looking forward to Nige's spot in March (see, you're not barred after all)!!! and meeting up with Carms again. :good:

Sorry it's a bit late but here's my playlist

Lollipops - Loving Good Feeling - Impact

Paul Anka - When We Get There - RCA

The Spiedels - Dream Girl - Providence

Four Voices - Your Love Is Getting Stronger - Voice

The Volcanos - Storm Warning - Arctic

Orlons - Envy - Cameo

Eugene Jefferson - A Pretty Girl Dressed In Brown - Open

The Traditions - My Life With You - Barclay

The Chevrons - Love I Love You - Independance

The Visitors - I'm In Danger - Dakar

Soul Shakers - I'm Getting Weaker - Loma