Station Hotel

Guest yorks old boys

Guest yorks old boys

what an absolute night from start to finish some great motown well done all the djs and a special thanks to mick and lyn for putting this on every year looking forward to the next:thumbup:

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

what an absolute night from start to finish some great motown well done all the djs and a special thanks to mick and lyn for putting this on every year looking forward to the next:thumbup:

You beat me to it Kenny. I was waiting to get the final figure from Lynn but as yet it's still an approximate one.

Anyway approx £3200 was raised for Leukemia Research last night at the Royal Station Hotel in York.

This was the 8th consecutive January Charity Soul night that Lynn & Mick Burnett have organised and once again this sold out way in advance.

Because of the weather a few never turned up but there were still well over 300 people who braved the conditions and were rewarded to a soul extravaganza.

The DJ's Mick Burnett, Nick Beilby, John Steel, John Funnel, Kev Bainbridge, Tony the Hat & my good self treated the crowd to a veritable feast of soul music and the floor was rammed right up until the music finished at 2am and they were still asking for more.

The photo's from the night have already been uploaded on the YKSoul website - www.freewebs.com/yksoul so please visit and take a look at York soulies at play.

This night has become a fixture on the York Soul calender and I, for one, am looking forward to Jan 2011 already.

Once again, a big thank you to Mick and Lynn Burnett for their continuing organisation of this event.

Only one downside to the evening, Ade Stelling was supposed to have been spinning a few however he couldn't make it cos of the weather, so hopefully next year Ade...............lol.

By the way, the hat suits you Kenny! Is this gonna be a permanent fixture from now on????

Steve B

any chance of playlists being posted please ?

Charity Northern Soul & Motown Revue @ HUNTINGTON WMC

SATURDAY 16TH JANUARY 2010

In aid of St. Leonards Hospice, York

DJ's Little Av & Pete Jay (Manifesto Soul Club}, Andy Bellwood (The Belfry, Taste Of Honey & Riley Smith Hall), Dale Byers (Riley Smith Hall), Andy Hudson & Mike Ward (Soul & Motown Revue)

Huntington WMC,1 North Moor Road, Huntington, York. YO32 9QS Tel 01904 768370 Andy01904 441428 Mike 01904 340764

£5:00 (8 till 1am) arrive early

You beat me to it Kenny. I was waiting to get the final figure from Lynn but as yet it's still an approximate one.

Anyway approx £3200 was raised for Leukemia Research last night at the Royal Station Hotel in York.

This was the 8th consecutive January Charity Soul night that Lynn & Mick Burnett have organised and once again this sold out way in advance.

Because of the weather a few never turned up but there were still well over 300 people who braved the conditions and were rewarded to a soul extravaganza.

The DJ's Mick Burnett, Nick Beilby, John Steel, John Funnel, Kev Bainbridge, Tony the Hat & my good self treated the crowd to a veritable feast of soul music and the floor was rammed right up until the music finished at 2am and they were still asking for more.

The photo's from the night have already been uploaded on the YKSoul website - www.freewebs.com/yksoul so please visit and take a look at York soulies at play.

This night has become a fixture on the York Soul calender and I, for one, am looking forward to Jan 2011 already.

Once again, a big thank you to Mick and Lynn Burnett for their continuing organisation of this event.

Only one downside to the evening, Ade Stelling was supposed to have been spinning a few however he couldn't make it cos of the weather, so hopefully next year Ade...............lol.

By the way, the hat suits you Kenny! Is this gonna be a permanent fixture from now on????

Steve B

WELL DONE GUYS - AWESOME AMOUNT TO RAISE OR LEUKEMIA RESEARCH. thumbup.gif LOOKING AT THE PICS, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAD FUN!! thumbsup.gif

HOPE KENNY AKA MR TEAPOT BEHAVED HIMSELF FOR ONCE!!ph34r.giflaugh.gif

Steve B

Once again this event raises a phenominal amount for a very worthwhile cause, great , great work folks, total respect to all the people involved:thumbup::thumbup:

Guest yorks old boys

WELL DONE GUYS - AWESOME AMOUNT TO RAISE OR LEUKEMIA RESEARCH. :thumbup: LOOKING AT THE PICS, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAD FUN!! thumbsup.gif

HOPE KENNY AKA MR TEAPOT BEHAVED HIMSELF FOR ONCE!!:ph34r::laugh:

i am a little tea pot short and stout play me some northern to dance the night out lol:thumbup:

Hi one and all. Lynne and myself would like to thank everyone who braved the weather to make this another fantastic night.

Although a lot goes on behind the scenes, it is the soul punters who make the night, so well done to you all. Will post next years date when we have it. Hope to see a few of you at the other charity nights throughout the year, and any other quality nights!! Once again bigs thanks to everyone. MICK & LYNNE.

quote name='YKSoulMan' date='10 January 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1263154259' post='1234304']

Steve B