soul45s

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Triumphs on Cha Cha (2 45s) were a 'salt and pepper' band from Dayton, OH. They recorded the songs in Chicago. I guess these records could be called 'soul'. I have a discography on paper that I put together many years ago. I'd sure love to have all the garage 45s on the label. The Hatfields and Mogen David and the Grapes of Wrath 45s are killer!

A well known reissue label had worked on a Cha Cha retrospective but it's not seen the light of day.

Social source share

The Triumphs on Cha Cha (2 45s) were a 'salt and pepper' band from Dayton, OH. They recorded the songs in Chicago. I guess these records could be called 'soul'. I have a discography on paper that I put together many years ago. I'd sure love to have all the garage 45s on the label. The Hatfields and Mogen David and the Grapes of Wrath 45s are killer!

A well known reissue label had worked on a Cha Cha retrospective but it's not seen the light of day.

i can't even think of the records that you could actually consider "soul" (not R&:cool: besides the teddy cash record and maybe the regina randolph record?

Social source share

i can't even think of the records that you could actually consider "soul" (not R&B besides the teddy cash record and maybe the regina randolph record?

How about these?

CHA CHA 766 - Otis Bush And The Crusaders - Sock 'Em With A Good Foot / So Much Love

CHA CHA 778 - Otis Bush - So Much Love / Someone To Love

Social source share

Haha! Great minds... and all that! :lol:

was just gonna say.. :D

BUT I wouldn't call 'Sock 'em..' soul. Sliced tomatoes meet r&b with a funky touch. 'So much love' is a lot more soulful and not too bad actually. Copy signed by Otis himself. smile.gif

Edited by Helena
Social source share

How about these?

CHA CHA 766 - Otis Bush And The Crusaders - Sock 'Em With A Good Foot / So Much Love

CHA CHA 778 - Otis Bush - So Much Love / Someone To Love

sorry, forgot about the two more common ones. I can't think of more soul records though. there are also some R&B records obviously, I had never seen this one before for example:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260531135833

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!