Just Found My Old Top Dog Membership Card

post-10824-12632325141384_thumb.jpgpost-10824-12632329356256_thumb.jpgpost-10824-1263232976566_thumb.jpgjust found my old top dog membership card(amongst others).I remember going to the top of the world in the early eighties but dont recall being at the first one,however i do recall less than say 100 people there so it may well of been the second or maybe the card is from one of daves later ventures but i dont think so.Thought it might be interesting to see if anyone still has there membership and just wondered who might of been the first through the door?Anyway ive enclosed a picture of my members card along with some others including rob marriots "credit card" soul power membership,wow! they were incredible,anyone else remember them also soultown which if memory serves me right was run by guy h. thought it might bring some memories flooding back but please excuse me if this has been done a million times before! apologies for crap photo!Cant seem to get the other photos on at the moment,will try later!

post-10824-12632330083249_thumb.jpg

post-10824-12632325141384_thumb.jpg

post-10824-12632329356256_thumb.jpg

post-10824-1263232976566_thumb.jpg

post-10824-12632330083249_thumb.jpg

Edited by vince ayres
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm affraid to say I was never that organised, the first 20 odd went out to people that helped get it off the ground, but after that could have been in any order, depending on weather I remembered to take the membership list with me or not.

If I didn't, would put on a higher number, record it and fill in the membership register when i got home. After that gaps would be filled in with postal applications.

Enthusiastic, always, organised, never!!!!!!

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

post-10824-12632325141384_thumb.jpgpost-10824-12632329356256_thumb.jpgpost-10824-1263232976566_thumb.jpgjust found my old top dog membership card(amongst others).I remember going to the top of the world in the early eighties but dont recall being at the first one,however i do recall less than say 100 people there so it may well of been the second or maybe the card is from one of daves later ventures but i dont think so.Thought it might be interesting to see if anyone still has there membership and just wondered who might of been the first through the door?Anyway ive enclosed a picture of my members card along with some others including rob marriots "credit card" soul power membership,wow! they were incredible,anyone else remember them also soultown which if memory serves me right was run by guy h. thought it might bring some memories flooding back but please excuse me if this has been done a million times before! apologies for crap photo!Cant seem to get the other photos on at the moment,will try later!

Hi Vince, Remember the Soul Power Nighters very well, used to hammer it up to Mansfield from Pompey in the back of Ray Gillens work van with a mattress in the back with Dicky. Happy days.

Hope you are well mate, happy new year.

Russ

Social source share

hi russ,yes those mansfield do's were truly great and the venue was awesome aswell with those big pillars down both sides as i recall or was that chesterfield?.I have to say that im a bit worried that youre on a matress in the back of a van with dicky!!!!rolleyes.gif

happy new year to you too and hope to see you at the railway on saturday.Should be a great night as me old mate andy hutchins and matt are on.

Social source share

hi russ,yes those mansfield do's were truly great and the venue was awesome aswell with those big pillars down both sides as i recall or was that chesterfield?.I have to say that im a bit worried that youre on a matress in the back of a van with dicky!!!!:rolleyes:

happy new year to you too and hope to see you at the railway on saturday.Should be a great night as me old mate andy hutchins and matt are on.

Unfortunatly I'm in Baghdad buddy, so that will be a no I'm afraid............have a good un & say hi to everyone.

Russ

Social source share

hi russ,yes those mansfield do's were truly great and the venue was awesome aswell with those big pillars down both sides as i recall or was that chesterfield?.I have to say that im a bit worried that youre on a matress in the back of a van with dicky!!!!:rolleyes:

Your bed [ bench seat ] at the Bmth Railway Club awaits you Vince, what time do you wish to be woken up lol

Social source share

Mick, the Solid Hit Soul Club was Steve and I. You have a 'Gold' member card, issued to the first 50 (or to pals), the rest were pale blue like the label. We 'borrowed' (ahem) the idea from Rob Marriott & Jim Wensiora for their excellent Soul Power nighters.

Ruff Cut Soul Promotions was Allanton. I played at almost every one and only now find out Jim had membership cards!

Soul Time was the Clifton Hall, Rotherham

Connoisseurs Soul Club (bottom left, with a drawing of what was supposed to be 'a gentleman connoisseur type' but looked like a penguin in a car crash) - was Allan Johnston's nighters in Stafford (after TOTW closed).

Soultown - was that Guy & Co at Blackburn?

Edited by Alan Walls
Social source share

Mick, the Solid Hit Soul Club was Steve and I. You have a 'Gold' member card, issued to the first 50 (or to pals), the rest were pale blue like the label. We 'borrowed' (ahem) the idea from Rob Marriott & Jim Wensiora for their excellent Soul Power nighters.

Ruff Cut Soul Promotions was Allanton. I played at almost every one and only now find out Jim had membership cards!

Connoisseurs Soul Club (bottom left, with a drawing of what was supposed to be 'a gentleman connoisseur type' but looked like a penguin in a car crash) - was Allan Johnston's nighters in Stafford (after TOTW closed).

Mr Walls Sir,

You didn't think that I'd forgotten that the Solid Hit was you & Stevies did you or that Ruff Cut was Jims? Of course not.

I also remember that Soul Time was the Clifton Hall.

I'd forgotten abut the Connoisseurs one and I don't remember the Right Track one - was that was Glenrothes?

See you on 30th.

Mick

Social source share

Guest Mr messyhead

Social source share

Was the Right Track for the YMCA as well Alan ? Was it you and Steve that ran the niter at the Exit Culb before the YMCA ?

Aye mate, we were still RTSC at the Glenrothes YM, and the 2 we had in the Exit Centre. Changed the name to the more cool/less naff Solid Hit Soul Club in anticpation of a new niter we were hoping to get off the ground after the YM had enough of us, but that failed to materialise. As SHSC we did soul nights in Kirkcaldy and a few dayers.

Are we acquainted, my good man?

Social source share

Guest Mr messyhead

Aye mate, we were still RTSC at the Glenrothes YM, and the 2 we had in the Exit Centre. Changed the name to the more cool/less naff Solid Hit Soul Club in anticpation of a new niter we were hoping to get off the ground after the YM had enough of us, but that failed to materialise. As SHSC we did soul nights in Kirkcaldy and a few dayers.

Are we acquainted, my good man?

yeh matey - it's Doug - used to stay in Aberdeen now in perth/dundee area - remember we went to Newcastle niter with Harry Pepsi and Finney.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!