Lifeline 6Th Anniversary Rare Soul Allnighter

Chalky

THE LIFELINE SOUL CLUB

presents

The Real Deal Rare Soul All-Nighter

6th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL

At

The Brookfields Club (The Stables),

Cannock Road, Shareshill, Wolverhampton, WV10 7LZ.

(Directions: Just off the M6 junction 11, A460 towards Wolverhampton then 400 yards on your left).

FEBRUARY 27th 2010

8pm till 7.00am, a tenner gets you in!

Resident rascals are the Countries TOP Rare Soul DJS

Butch, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Cliff Steele, Soul Sam & Chalky

This month's special guest

DAVE WELDING

In addition to Dave, this months Collectors opening the night at 8pm will be

Harpo & Sandi and Tony Foster

and as usual closing proceedings Nottingham's

ROB SMITH

As for the music, the emphasis will be on the 60's but as usual Lifeline will feature the very best in 70's and crossover.

In short all Dj's playing the very best in the rare, obscure, forgotten and underplayed soul music!!

For further information

Andy Dyson @ Dysonsoul@aol.com or telephone 01302 744927

Mick H @ Trentsoul@aol.com or telephone 07968 030464

Chalky @ chalky@mailme.co.uk or telephone 07743 863 523

post-225-12632389029068_thumb.jpg

Edited by chalky
  • Replies 165
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well it's nearly that time again, first Lifeline of the year (new decade too) and it's our 6th Anniversary as well :shades:

Along with the usual suspects, Dave Welding is the special guest digging deep into his collection. We also have three collectors to kick off the night (8pm - 10pm), Sandi & Harpo and Tony Foster. Rob Smith as usaul will send you all home happy (hopefully :lol:).

Also on the night our good mate Byrney is running the London Marathon :(:shhh: He will be having a collection on the night so hopefully you will all dig deep and raise some money for a worthwhile cause. Either Byrney or myself will post up the full details of the good cause and other details shortly.

Hopefully we'll see you all there :no:

Edited by chalky

Looking forward to it mate. Puter down at mo (using ipod to post ) but will post up details of my asthmatic marathon / tin shaking capers for Shelter. Cheers to you, Andy and Mick for the shout.

Be a mob a mob of us up for this.

Any hotels you can reccomend that are close by as a few mates wanna come up from Kent for their first taste of Lifleline after a couple of years of nagging from me to do so thumbup.gif

quite looking forward to it myself if i may say so hatsoff2.gif

Bearsy & Marie

Any hotels you can reccomend that are close by as a few mates wanna come up from Kent for their first taste of Lifleline after a couple of years of nagging from me to do so thumbup.gif

quite looking forward to it myself if i may say so hatsoff2.gif

Bearsy & Marie

Cannock is the nearest place, few miles to the north(ish) :yes:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cannock+hotels&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=hotels&hnear=cannock&view=text&ei=v8pMS8G9GZXLjAe-5824DQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQtQMwAA

Wolverhampton about 6 miles away I think.....

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wolverhampton+hotels&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=hotels&hnear=wolverhampton&view=text&ei=DMtMS-DHKuGrjAfduMS9DQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQtQMwAA

just do a google and you get a host of info. Sean Hampsey found one not too far away when he came down so if you are reading Sean......:thumbup:

If you dont mind Travel Lodge theres one @ Hilton Park Services ( 5 Mins from the Venue)

Its quite small so be quick!

Info Says its Birmingham its not!!

Its right by Jtn 11

Nige B

hotel.php?prefix=birmingham_north_s0547&type=outside&size=l&orient=l

Travelodge Birmingham Hilton Park M6 Southbound Hotel

Moto Service Area

M6 Motorway

Essington, Nr. Wolverhampton

Staffordshire

WV11 2AT

Tel: 0871 984 6066*

Fax: 01922 701967

*Calls cost 10 pence per minute from a standard BT landline.

Calls from other networks and mobiles may vary.

hotel.php?prefix=birmingham_north_s0547&type=room_DSPN&size=s&orient=lFamily Room

hotel.php?prefix=birmingham_north_s0547&type=room_DN&size=s&orient=lDouble Room

Transport links

Walsall Train Station - 5 miles View map

Wolverhampton Train Station - 7 miles View map

Birmingham Airport - 24 miles View map

Important information

Please Note:-

We have been advised that the M6 North and Southbound will be closed due to hard shoulder strengthening work being carried out. Please check your route before traveling during the following times:-

Junction 14/15 Southbound

10th Jan 10pm to 6am

11th Jan 10pm to 6am

12th Jan 10pm to 6am

13th Jan 10pm to 6am

Junction 14/15 Northbound

12th Jan 10pm to 6am

13th Jan 10pm to 6am

14th Jan 10pm to 6am

15th Jan 10pm to 6am

16th Jan 10pm to 6am

The car park adjoining the hotel is owned by Moto and operated on their behalf by CP Plus. All Travelodge customers travelling by motor vehicle must enter their vehicle registration number into the console at hotel reception when checking in. This will ensure free parking for the duration of your stay. Failure to do so may result in an administration fee of £15. Travelodge Hotels Ltd will not be liable for any fines incurred. Travelodge customers do not need to pay and display.

Places to visit

Cannock - 3 miles View map

Walsall - 5 miles View map

Wolverhampton - 7 miles View map

Birmingham - 7 miles View map

NEC - 24 miles View map

Drayton Manor Park - 27 miles View map

West Midlands Safari Park - 29 miles View map

Ironbridge Gorge Museums - 30 miles View map

Alton Towers - 33 miles View map

Edited by Torchboy

Really looking forward to this thumbup.gif

Hope the sound will be better this time. Although I'm not worried about the draught beer situation laugh.gif

hatsoff2.gif I am Joan, prefer pints to bottles. When the bottles sold out we had cans, when the cans of lager ran out we had the choice of bitter or bitter ....& I was sad.gif

The Venue is great, the music spot on as it always is at Lifelinethumbsup.gif plenty of friends, maybe I shouldn't moan but.....?

hatsoff2.gif I am Joan, prefer pints to bottles. When the bottles sold out we had cans, when the cans of lager ran out we had the choice of bitter or bitter ....& I was sad.gif

The Venue is great, the music spot on as it always is at Lifelinethumbsup.gif plenty of friends, maybe I shouldn't moan but.....?

Just shows how times have changed Dave. Beer was the last thing on our minds at one time.

I am sure the guys will do their best for you :hatsoff2:

The Venue is great, the music spot on as it always is at Lifeline:thumbsup: plenty of friends, maybe I shouldn't moan but.....?

I love a pint as much as anyone so I hope there are sorted although not too worried what it comes out of pump or can, all the same :thumbup: lie Joan said once upon a time the only choice we got was cola or lemonade :thumbup:

Edited by chalky

Just shows how times have changed Dave. Beer was the last thing on our minds at one time.

I am sure the guys will do their best for you :thumbup:

Not quite Joan :wicked: we used to take cans of beer in our holdalls to niters in the old old old days, while of course many preferred the 70s equivalant of Pro Plus whistling

I know I shouldn't worry too much when it's the music that has drawn all (most) of us together into our brilliant scene.... but I'm just a firkin beer monster :thumbup:

Also on the night our good mate Byrney is running the London Marathon onto.gifsweatingbullets.gif He will be having a collection on the night so hopefully you will all dig deep and raise some money for a worthwhile cause. Either Byrney or myself will post up the full details of the good cause and other details shortly.

Hopefully we'll see you all there thumbup.gif

So without further ado:

I've suffered from Asthma since I was a nipper, I've been running the odd few miles over the last 10 years and its amazing how much it's helped my condition. It's been an ambition for a few years now for me to wheeze, limp, crawl around the 26 mile+ London Marathon, consider it part of my mid life crisis and 2 fingers up to my asthma. thumbsup.gif

I'm running for Shelter: a national campaigning charity working to improve the lives of homeless and badly housed people. We'll be bothering all at the Lifeline nighter for donations with threats of mischief and tomfoolery. But you can also pledge or donate on my secure site: https://www.justgivin.../Anthony-Byrne/

Any donations would be really appreciated, I've got a target of £2000 unsure.gif

Thaks to those on here who have already donated and a big thanks to Cliff Steel who's donating his Dj fee from the night thumbup.gif

See you at Lifeline.

Edited by Byrney

We are also really looking forward to this as it will be our first time at Lifeline because of my work rota

and other commitments.

Been trying for ages to get down and I reckon the 6th Anniversary is a brilliant place to start as its going to be a cracker.

Is there any where to meet up for a pre nighter shandy?

Be great to see some of the Soul Source regulars on the night and hear some magic sounds.

See you on the 27th.

Keith, Sandra & Sheilah,

We are also really looking forward to this as it will be our first time at Lifeline because of my work rota

and other commitments.

Been trying for ages to get down and I reckon the 6th Anniversary is a brilliant place to start as its going to be a cracker.

Be great to see some of the Soul Source regulars on the night and hear some magic sounds.

See you on the 27th.

Keith, Sandra & Sheilah,

Wow...not been to one before Keith....you will enjoy for sure... Don't know about a pre-nighter watering hole.

and other commitments.

See you on the 27th.

Keith, Sandra & Sheilah,

Hi Keith, will be great to see the three of you down at Lifeline.....you'll love it :lol: Dunno about a pre-nighter shandy, the venue is open at 8. What time does your train get in (I presume you are coming by train?), if so sure someone will meet for a beer or two. Anyway your a northerner...shandy's for them soft southerners :thumbsup:

Hi Chalky,

Count me in for Lifeline again please.oh btw i dont drink bloody Shandy,im now a part time northerner i spend so much time up there i may as well beone..ha ha

see ya later mate

Toby

Guest Andy Kempster

Hi Chalky,

Count me in for Lifeline again please.oh btw i dont drink bloody Shandy,im now a part time northerner i spend so much time up there i may as well beone..ha ha

see ya later mate

Toby

cant wait, now i've finally popped my lifeline cherry i'm champing at the bit for the next one

mmm...shandy!thumbup.gif

Hi Chalky,

see ya later mate

Toby

You are an honorary northerner now Toby mate, see you there mate, for a pint!!! beer.gif

Edited by chalky

Sandi and i are really looking forward to this one..as always...nice to be allowed to come out and play with the big boys...after 20 plus years...really looking forward to it tek's me back to the '80's when i used to have a few decent tunes in the old box'aroo.

Great to se my dear old mate "Ernie"(Dave Welding) geting a guest spot he's been in blinding form recently...and of course also to be playing alongside another great mate Tony F

See y'all there

PH X

Hi Keith, will be great to see the three of you down at Lifeline.....you'll love it thumbup.gif Dunno about a pre-nighter shandy, the venue is open at 8. What time does your train get in (I presume you are coming by train?), if so sure someone will meet for a beer or two. Anyway your a northerner...shandy's for them soft southerners whistling.gif

Make that four.... trains booked... remember Chalky, I still have my get out of jail free card given at Blacktrackin.. LOL whistling.gif

Philly

Edited by philly

Hi Keith, will be great to see the three of you down at Lifeline.....you'll love it thumbup.gif Dunno about a pre-nighter shandy, the venue is open at 8. What time does your train get in (I presume you are coming by train?), if so sure someone will meet for a beer or two. Anyway your a northerner...shandy's for them soft southerners whistling.gif

Hi Chalky,

I was getting mixed up with the time Lifeline starts as our train gets into Wolverhampton at 7:30 so its a pefect time for heading straight to the venue so we can cram in

as many tasty sounds as we can.

Now got Phillis coming as well who also hasnt been before and is looking forward to it.

Keith

Hi Chalky,

I was getting mixed up with the time Lifeline starts as our train gets into Wolverhampton at 7:30 so its a pefect time for heading straight to the venue so we can cram in

Now got Phillis coming as well who also hasnt been before and is looking forward to it.

Keith

Good man Keith,i know your gonna love it Lifeline i mean

it will be good to catch up again with you and the girls.......top man you are Keith

Toby

The last one was awesome and inspired me to get out a bit more this year!!Joan i have a new leather jackett for this occasion so can you and headsey please refrain from gok atkinson puns etc,lol,se you then chalky!!!

BAZ A.

We may consider giving you respite as long as you persuade some of the guys to come too :D

Make that four.... trains booked... remember Chalky, I still have my get out of jail free card given at Blacktrackin.. LOL whistling.gif

Philly

I haven't forgotten :g: See you then.

Hi Chalky,

Keith

You'll love it mate and will be good to see the four of you down there. I'll be there early so we'll have a pint....hopefully :yes::wub:

The last one was awesome and inspired me to get out a bit more this year!!Joan i have a new leather jackett for this occasion so can you and headsey please refrain from gok atkinson puns etc,lol,see you then chalky!!!

BAZ A.

be good to see you again pal, always is thumbup.gif

WILL HE WON'T HE .... EVEN THOUGH THIS IS A SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY NITE MICK H IS CONSIDERING 6 OTHER BOOKINGS (ON THE SAME NITE) 3 IN THE UK 2 IN EUROPE AND 1 IN VIETNAM,NOT TO MENTION THE POSSIBILITY OF HIS OWN PROMOTION ON THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS (ON THE SAME NITE) HE HEARD ABOUT THE LOCATION WHILE ON A LATIN SOUL BUYING TRIP TO ARGENTINA ( SO HE CAN MAYBE GET A SET AT BIDDS) THERE A BACK STREET DEALER POINTED MICK (HEY HO AND AWAY WE GO)H SOUTH EAST TO THE FAMOUS WILDLIFE HAVEN,NEGOTIATIONS BEGAN UPON ARRIVAL ,NATIVES BECAME EXCITED SENCING HOW SLOW MICK WAS AT FINDING AND PLAYING NEW DISCOVERIES AND SEEM CONFIDENT THAT MICK IS DUE TO HIS SLOWNESS THE LONG LOST 13TH SUB SPECIES OF THE GIANT TORTOISE......I FEEL SURE MICK WILL LET US KNOW SOON AS THE DNA RESULTS ARE AVAILABLE !

Will be up for sure, one of the "Must Do" events in the Soul calender, any chance of a sales table:thumbsup:

Des

Hi Des, no problems with table, usual spot I take it :thumbsup:

Any dealers who require a table give us a shout, they are free but they usually all get taken so you are better off reserving one to be sure.