Towerfull O' Soul - 22Nd Jan, London Se1

Guest the major

Guest the major

First Towerfull O' Soul of 2010 on Jan 22nd has a Kentish feel - or is that a feel of Kent ?

We are pleased to be joined at the River Bar (206 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 2UP) this month by Kevin Kent and Martin 'Magoo' of the hugely popular Kent Soul Club. Expect storming oldies, gritty RnB, classic floorfillers and smooth soul.

No VAT increase in this great little air-conditioned venue, nestling in Fagin's back yard. £3 before 9PM and only a Fiver after.

7PM 'til Midnite.

2010 Dates:

Mar 19 special guest Alfie - Soul in the Crown, Southampton.

May 21 ('til 2AM)- Our first anniversary; watch out for details.

Jul 23 special guest Kev -don't do modern- Such, Cream Cracker

Sep 17

Nov 19

Look forward to seing you down there..

The Major, Ginger Dave, Roger Hill

• Replies 39
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the major

Let's hope the bloody snow's gone by then Andy!

See you next Friday mate!

Still falling in the better parts of Sussex Paul. Using the enforced time off wisely to get more vinyl onto the laptop ....

Look forward to seeing you there.

Guest GingerDave

Looks like its going to be a good turn out can't wait to spin some of my new tunes and to catch up with everyone after xmas and the new year see you all on the 22nd :lol:

Guest GingerDave

If can arrange for the baby sitter to look after me nipper then i will defo be makeing my way up....thumbsup.gif

It's defo sorted for march though...looking forward to it...:thumbsup:

Alfie

Nice one Alfie be good to see you :thumbsup:

Guest GingerDave

Sorry guys i cant make this one due to starting work early on Saturday morning...hope it all goes good should be at the next one

We're gonna miss you Rob hopefully see you at South Essex in March ?:thumbup:

Guest the major

Sorry guys i cant make this one due to starting work early on Saturday morning...hope it all goes good should be at the next one

No worries Rob, see you at the next one hopefully, if not before.

Guest kent soul club

Really looking forward to Friday, thanks for asking me Andy.

Should be there nice and early as working up in the smoke.

See you all therethumbsup.gif

First Towerfull O' Soul of 2010 on Jan 22nd has a Kentish feel - or is that a feel of Kent ?

We are pleased to be joined at the River Bar (206 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 2UP) this month by Kevin Kent and Martin 'Magoo' of the hugely popular Kent Soul Club. Expect storming oldies, gritty RnB, classic floorfillers and smooth soul.

Looking forward to spinning a few tunes at one of my regular friday night haunts! biggrin.gif

g.gif Does read a bit as though I'm involved with Martin's KSC though (which I'm not), rather than the infrequent Stolen Hours (Ramsgate).

If anyone does want "feel of Kent" would they please ask first! tongue.gif

See you there guys.

g.gif Does read a bit as though I'm involved with Martin's KSC though (which I'm not), rather than the infrequent Stolen Hours (Ramsgate).

i was unaware the stolen hours nights were still going kev......the website hasnt been touched in nearly a year...ive seen no flyers at any events and certainly no reviews anywhere

Guest the major

Really looking forward to Friday, thanks for asking me Andy.

Should be there nice and early as working up in the smoke.

See you all therethumbsup.gif

Really pleased to have you doing a set Martin; I'll be there from just after 6 to set up so anytime's good.

Guest the major

Looking forward to spinning a few tunes at one of my regular friday night haunts! biggrin.gif

If anyone does want "feel of Kent" would they please ask first! tongue.gif

See you there guys.

We operate a strictly no touching policy Kev; of course if you want to do extras for the punters that's up to you LOL.

Having re-read my intro - you're right the 'Kent' link could be misread - get some flyers out at the Tower to reinforce the point mateythumbsup.gif .

i was unaware the stolen hours nights were still going kev......the website hasnt been touched in nearly a year...ive seen no flyers at any events and certainly no reviews anywhere

No mate, you did know they were still running because I told you so recently. ohmy.gif Still OVO, and still a good night.

Flyers - you need to get out more. laugh.gif Website doesn't fall in my remit and is out of my control. Reviews I leave to the punters and of late most haven't been soul-sourcers.

Anyway, this week is all about Towerful O' Soul and it should be a good night if you're out and about.. I only mentioned Stolen Hours as I know Martin likes it made clear that I'm not involved with KSC.

Edited by KevinKent

No mate, you did know they were still running because I told you so recently. ohmy.gif Still OVO, and still a good night.

Flyers - you need to get out more. laugh.gif  Website doesn't fall in my remit and is out of my control. Reviews I leave to the punters and of late most haven't been soul-sourcers.

Anyway, this week is all about Towerful O' Soul and it should be a good night if you're out and about.. I only mentioned Stolen Hours as I know Martin likes it made clear that I'm not

involved with KSC.

actually kev it was around november you mentioned it...hardly recently is it....as for getting out more im proberbly out alot more than you are...why the comment about ovo?...i didnt say the website was down to you so i dont know where that came from and i know this thread is about towerful of soul but you mentioed stolen hours so my post was relevant.....reviews also used to be put on the soul smugglers website

Guest the major

Well it's all go for Friday - the venue is chuffed to be hosting us once again and some of our regulars were in there today, gagging for some of our eclectic mix of soulful sounds.

Really looking forward to seeing friends old & new.

Be good to see you Dave always a plesure :thumbup:

Well it's all go for Friday - the venue is chuffed to be hosting us once again and some of our regulars were in there today, gagging for some of our eclectic mix of soulful sounds.

Have a great night, you are on my "must go to" list for this year. See you both soonthumbup.gif

QoFxx

You're right Andy. Now that all that nasty white stuff is out of the way it'll be good to catch up with all the mates I haven't seen since before Christmas, so

I'll be there nice and early.

Sorting out my box tomorrow 'cos there's lots more cracking tunes to go in it.yes.gif

You got the dj times sorted yet?

- Kev.

Guest the major

You're right Andy. Now that all that nasty white stuff is out of the way it'll be good to catch up with all the mates I haven't seen since before Christmas, so

I'll be there nice and early.

Sorting out my box tomorrow 'cos there's lots more cracking tunes to go in it.yes.gif

You got the dj times sorted yet?

- Kev.

Timing's always the same Kev:

One

Tup-Three

Onehatsoff2.gif

Guest GingerDave

No VAT increase in this great little air-conditioned venue, nestling in Fagin's back yard. £3 before 9PM and only a Fiver after.

7PM 'til Midnite.

2010 Dates:

Mar 19 special guest Alfie - Soul in the Crown, Southampton.

May 21 ('til 2AM)- Our first anniversary; watch out for details.

Jul 23 special guest Kev -don't do modern- Such, Cream Cracker

Sep 17

Nov 19

Look forward to seing you down there..

The Major, Ginger Dave, Roger Hill

Not long now who's coming then ???????????????:)