Solid Hit Soul With Carl & Maria Willingham Friday 19Th Feb

Shsdave

Happy Newish Year to all Solid Hit Soulers hatsoff2.gif

1st Solid Hit of 2010 will be on Friday 19th February @ Shooting Star same details as last year 5quid in - 8pm to 1am. Underplayed/ Semi/unknowns/ Unreleased/ cheap & rare quality 60s Northern + current niter plays...think that covers itlaugh.gif

We're just waiting for confirmation of our guest but as usual it will be (fingers crossed) someone who doesn't DJ often (ever) in London & will bring something different to the capital.thumbsup.gif

Thanks to everyone who came to our Christmas special with the fantastic Ronnie Walker, & helping to make it a great night to finish a great year at Solid Hit.yes.gif

Thanks also to Jon Downs & Andy Killick for 2 great guest spots.

Look forward to seeing you all on 19th thumbsup.gif

Best Wishes

Dave

0797 1876661

www.solidhit.co.uk

Edited by SHSDave
  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers chapsthumbsup.gif

For our 1st Solid Hit of 2010 we welcome back our friends from the blue bit of Manchester, the brilliant Carl & Maria Willingham.

As everybody knows who has attended SHS when Carl & Maria are with us, an exceptional night of music is in store together with a packed club & electric atmosphere. If anybody disagrees may I suggest you're at the wrong night thumbup.gif

Maria played me 3 unreleased tracks down the phone recently which I imagine are extremely likely to form part of their set & are absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to hear them at Solid Hityes.gif

I'm very pleased & very grateful to Carl & Maria who are currently compiling the next edition of Carl & Marias Solid Hit exclusive CDs. These will be available to the first 3 or 4 through the door ohmy.giflaugh.gif . Of course as we get nearer 19th I should have had the time to run off a few more (around 50 hopefully) Once they have gone thats it & I won't be holding any back for people who turn up too late to claim one. Sorry but it just isn't fair to those who make the effort to get there early.

Also it's Leona's 40th & I'm sure they'll be dragging a few extra along so the likelihood is we'll be extra busy so get there early thumbsup.gif

Hope to see you there

Dave

Edited by SHSDave

Great news dave allways a top night with the Willinghams :thumbup:after missing the xmas night really looking forward to this one.See you there mate, if i havnt hung myself over the football before then :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guest CapitolSC

Going to be a top night with the Willinghams yes.gif indeed and looking forward to their CD too and seeing everyone again biggrin.gif .

Must book the flights tonight!

Guest CapitolSC

Going to be a top night with the Willinghams yes.gif indeed and looking forward to their CD too and seeing everyone again biggrin.gif .

Must book the flights tonight!

Really looking forward to the feb Solid hit soul

with carl and maria djing

The christmas one was a blinder.

Be great to see stuart and sharnya over from the channel isles:thumbup:

Gonna be a top nite

Al H:thumbsup:

Great news dave allways a top night with the Willinghams :thumbup:after missing the xmas night really looking forward to this one.See you there mate, if i havnt hung myself over the football before then :lol::thumbsup::thumbup:

FORGET THAT I AM GONNA HANG MYSELF.

Nice of ya to go to all this trouble for my birthday Dave thumbup.gif You must have remembered it'll be 3 years to the day since we did the(infamous)Morecambe birthday expedition.

Mr Upsetter, before you hang yourself over Queen's Park Ridiculous, get the beers in please beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Taff

Bugger! I'm away on holiday so not only will I miss the awseome Willingham's and the free CD (which is always full of top tunes) I'll also miss your birthday ohmy.gif

Guest CapitolSC

Really looking forward to the feb Solid hit soul

with carl and maria djing

The christmas one was a blinder.

Be great to see stuart and sharnya over from the channel isles:thumbup:

Gonna be a top nite

Al H:thumbsup:

Be great to see you too Alan, we shall have to have a few beer.gif to make up for missing your birthday thumbsup.gif sx

Not sure I can make this due to other committments, totally gutted as it's one of my favorite nights.

There will however be a healthy contingent from Walls of Heartache coming down, as usual.

Dave

Sorry Dave you had a bit of bad luck with dates last year, I really should have consulted you before sorting dates for 2010:laugh:

Always good to see the WoH mob down, think more people attend from that club than anywhere elsethumbsup.gif Hope you can make it mate, if not the next one is 30th April.

All best

dave

Guest BintofSoul

Have a great night Dave:thumbup: , I will try and make an effort to get there but it might be difficult:wacko: . I'll deffo be coming along in April thoughthumbsup.gif .

Binty XXXX

Here's some directions from Liverpool Street station which is only a 3minute walk from Solid Hit & some hotels should you want to stay over. The Travel lodge at Aldgate is recommended by our long distant travellers from Yorkgood.gif

DIRECTIONS

As you come out of the main entrance of Liverpool Street station onto Bishopgate, cross over & turn left past the Kentucky salmonella shop & the Police Station. 2nd turning on the right is Middlesex street with a pub on each corner, Dirty Dicks & Woodin's Shades. Turn down Midllesex Street & the Shooting Star is 50yards down on the right & we will be downstairs @ 8pm ......form a queue with no pushing !

For anybody driving there is street parking after 6.30pm right outside the pub....just don't nick the space where Mark parks with the equipment & Des lugs his piles of sales boxes from !

For anybody travelling & wanting to stay overnight please see hotel details below. We have good reports of the Travel Lodge at Aldgate which is just 5 minutes walk away although all the hotels mentioned are close by.

Travel Lodge 6-13 Chamber Street Aldgate East E1 8BL Check the Travel lodge website https://www.travelodge.co.uk for special deals & you may get something around £60

Club Quarters 7 Gracechurch Street, EC3V 0DR Standard room with breakfast £79

City Hotel 12 Osborn St E1 6TE Twin/Double £80/Triple room £105

Guest BintofSoul

Well try extra hard Binty you know it makes sense !!!!!:thumbup: xx

I will I will:tongue: but just in case I can't I've rearranged my Champneys spa break so I can join you in April, so there's commitment for you:thumbup: .

Binty XXX

Guest Leona M

Really looking forward to this night - I was also privileged to hear the acetates down the phone - oh boy are we in for a treat!!!

Yes I will be 40 years young on the 19th and I'm so excited to be spending it with our Manchester chums at Solid Hit and playing hostess to your most esteemed guests hatsoff2.gif

The only downside for me is that Adi is a blue as well so I'm gonna be a bit outnumbered by them......whistling.gif

February is turning out to be a fantastic month - just got back from Barcelona yesterday after playing some tunes for 'Movin On Barcelona' .....a SUPERB weekend for anyone interested in sampling the delights of the European Soul Scene. Then next week it's Joel's debut and Kitch at the 100 club and then on the 19th - the wonderful Solid Hit Soul ........PHEW!!!!!!

Spoilt aren't we???

See you there guys!!thumbup.gif

Leona (don't mention my age) Murphy shhh.gif

Guest Leona M

Nice of ya to go to all this trouble for my birthday Dave :thumbup: You must have remembered it'll be 3 years to the day since we did the(infamous)Morecambe birthday expedition.

Mr Upsetter, before you hang yourself over Queen's Park Ridiculous, get the beers in please :Dbeer.gif:ohmy:

Taff

Is it your Birthday as well luv?thumbup.gif

Guest Leona M

Can't Wait!!!.......... Extremely decent of SHS to fall on Wifey's Birthday........ & Taff's to boot.... should be a right good Knee's up........

Looking forward to seeing Carl & Maria again; never mind hearing the tunes!.......where do they keep finding them?....:chinstroke: hoping to bring a decent contingent with us; I recommend everyone get's down early & bag's a CD...... the last one was fantastic......... think there'll be a clamour for this one.......

Should get a nice bit of Blue banter in there as well........ always difficult being an 'ex-pat' darn sarf.......

Bring on the 19th!!!!

Can't Wait!!!.......... Extremely decent of SHS to fall on Wifey's Birthday........ & Taff's to boot.... should be a right good Knee's up........

Looking forward to seeing Carl & Maria again; never mind hearing the tunes!.......where do they keep finding them?....g.gif hoping to bring a decent contingent with us; I recommend everyone get's down early & bag's a CD...... the last one was fantastic......... think there'll be a clamour for this one.......

Should get a nice bit of Blue banter in there as well........ always difficult being an 'ex-pat' darn sarf.......

Bring on the 19th!!!!

Leona's 40th...never....when is she going to have her 30th?

Is it your Birthday as well luv?:thumbup:

It certainly is my 7.2812 birthday on the 19th so will be suitably blootered :beer: for a change. Never been able to work out my birthsign, you Aquarian or Pisces :chinstroke:? After years of research on the subject :beer::beer::beer: I've decided I must be the fish one for obvious reasons :smile:

Taff

Edited by Saxafone

It certainly is my 7.2812 birthday on the 19th so will be suitably blootered beer.gif for a change. Never been able to work out my birthsign, you Aquarian or Pisces g.gif? After year's of research on the subject beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif I've decided I must be the fish one for obvious reasons smile.gif

Taff

You sure you're not gemini?.....you seem to drink for two people.... Are you working the afternoon of 19th Taff? I'm up in London for late lunch and drinks with Paul Mckay and you could join us for an early birthday lemonade.

You sure you're not gemini?.....you seem to drink for two people.... Are you working the afternoon of 19th Taff? I'm up in London for late lunch and drinks with Paul Mckay and you could join us for an early birthday lemonade.

Hi Martin, as it happens, I have taken the 19th off work so that I can fully focus on the birthday mission. beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif Let me know where you and Paul are meeting up and it can be cheeky birthday shandies all round thumbup.gif

Taff

Half terms almost here and we can get ready for the trip to the fantastic Solid Hit Soul Club, Carl and i have stated many times this is one of our MOST favourite venues, djing there is a joy. Making the evening even more special is the 40th birthday of "our Kid". Carl has included on the CD some of Leona's favourites plus some other bits and pieces we hope you will enjoy.

Please let us know if you have any requests and Willibobs will make sure they are packed. Hope to see lots of you down there.

Maria and Carl

Guest CapitolSC

Half terms almost here and we can get ready for the trip to the fantastic Solid Hit Soul Club, Carl and i have stated many times this is one of our MOST favourite venues, djing there is a joy. Making the evening even more special is the 40th birthday of "our Kid". Carl has included on the CD some of Leona's favourites plus some other bits and pieces we hope you will enjoy.

Please let us know if you have any requests and Willibobs will make sure they are packed. Hope to see lots of you down there.

Maria and Carl

So looking forward to you coming again to SHS, you are a breathe of fresh air thumbup.gif and I always love your set so much.

Requests, would love if you could play that unknown artist track "I only Have Eyes For You" what a tune, and if you still have Lou Pride "I"m Com'un Home In the Morn'un" as I can't rememer the last time I heard that superb track out thumbsup.gif. Please.

See you soon. Sx

Edited by CapitolSC

Nice of ya to go to all this trouble for my birthday Dave :thumbup: You must have remembered it'll be 3 years to the day since we did the(infamous)Morecambe birthday expedition.

Mr Upsetter, before you hang yourself over Queen's Park Ridiculous, get the beers in please :beer::beer::beer:

Taff

3Years !!!!!! Blimey time flies:sad: I'm hoping this time I won't get any requests for ghost in my horse:yes: but absolutely tremendous night Taff & i'm sure that Solid Hit will seem quite tame in comparison. Shame the Morecambe & Welsh :lamsey: lads can't make it:wacko:

Still at least i won't (hopefully) be getting somebody wandering through my bedroom at 5 in the morning using the loo & staggering out....talk about the night of the living dead:thumbup:

What we can offer is top tunes,electric atmosphere & no doubt late on my display of old man lurching embarrasingly around the dancefloor....... can't bloody wait:good::beer:

Hi Martin, as it happens, I have taken the 19th off work so that I can fully focus on the birthday mission. :beer::beer::beer: Let me know where you and Paul are meeting up and it can be cheeky birthday shandies all round :thumbup:

Taff

Dirty Dicks from 2.30pm onwards Taff.....they do a wonderfull Bangers and Mash and a great pint of Youngs bitter....we will be set up very nicely then for quality 60s only at SHS.

Guest Leona M

It certainly is my 7.2812 birthday on the 19th so will be suitably blootered beer.gif for a change. Never been able to work out my birthsign, you Aquarian or Pisces g.gif? After years of research on the subject beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif I've decided I must be the fish one for obvious reasons smile.gif

Taff

Born on the cusp kid? It makes you unique and wonderful being whistling.gif Think I might lean towards the Fishy side too for the same reasons beer.gif

Have it!yes.gif

Leona

Guest Leona M

Maria and Carl

I am beside myself with joy - you two coming darn sarf really makes up for the fact that I am now officially an old gityes.gif

See you next Friday biggrin.gif

Leona XXX

At Last !!!!!!

After a worrying few days for Carl Maria & myself the cd finally fell through my letterbox yesterdaythumbsup.gifsweatingbullets.gif

Late home so only managed a brief click through the tracks but one thing is for sure, it's another

goodie !!!! & well worth getting along early to grab your copy as only the first 50 through the door will get one (if I manage to run off 50 that is....it might only be the first 27 or somethingg.gif )

As usual it's a great mix of some well known big money items, Quality unreleased acetates, lesser knowns, the brilliant in demand Jamaican Northern Del Davies & crossing over to the dark side for Leonaohmy.gif 3 (or was it 4) 70s

Get there early grab your copy & get yer monies worth £5 for 5 hours of top quality 60sthumbsup.gif

See you there

Davehatsoff2.gif

Edited by SHSDave

Hi Martin, as it happens, I have taken the 19th off work so that I can fully focus on the birthday mission. beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif Let me know where you and Paul are meeting up and it can be cheeky birthday shandies all round thumbup.gif

Taff

Change of venue Taff......we are now going to Simpsons in Cornhill.....still a short stagger to the Shooting Star though for an evening of Northern Soul.....beer.gifblink.gif

Edited by Rbman

Change of venue Taff......we are now going to Simpsons in Cornhill.....still a short stagger to the Shooting Star though for an evening of Northern Soul.....beer.gifblink.gif

Wont be in town till about 7.30 but will call you when myself, Mr (via St P's) Clarke and the Shazza get to St P's

Looking forward to a good night out after the stuff this last 2 weeks.

QoFxx

Yeah things got a bit scary for a while regarding the cd however it finally arrived and hopefully dave will have time to run a few off in time for the nights festivities. not had too many requests as yet so drop us a line if you can think of anything you might want to hear.

maria and carl

Yes got a few run off & if you're one of the first 7 through the door you'll be in lucklaugh.gif Seriously should have 50 as hoped forthumbsup.gif

Request, yes please !!!!! Parliaments My Rainy Day would go down very nicely for a lurch around the floor thumbsup.gif

Yes got a few run off & if you're one of the first 7 through the door you'll be in lucklaugh.gif Seriously should have 50 as hoped forthumbsup.gif

I do hope so dave, dont wanna report you to the local trading standards office.

See you friday Stevethumbsup.gif Are you ok for directions? The Function room is in the basement next door to the toilets.

All best

dave

Yes Dave I think we've got it sussed.

See you Friday

Steve B