Conner Cagle

• Replies 23
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Clearly an extremely rare 45....but not top of the tree in soul content imho. Does anyone have any info on where it has had plays/if it was covered up ect? Thanks!

Must admit Joel.......no one more surprised than me when i gave it a listen in refo after it was in sales/auction

Even more surprised when tia-pan revealed the final price......especially after seeing the popsike copyohmy.gif

Never ever heard /seen it before, so i assume it's a collector piece above all else ,unless it's got a fantastic flip sideg.gif

Social source share

I was shocked when i saw cause the record in the car turned up loud sounds fantastic and i can imagine in a venue over a big system its even better. at that price it must be one of the top dogs bought it, might hear it fridayshades

BACHELORS FOUR - ALWAYS LET YOUR GOOD SIDE SHOW - SUNSHINE -

I see where your coming from Ted ..just not for me ...if i wanted to hear that i might as well buy WILSON PICKETT -IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR:yes:

not a patch on the thing Brownie had up for auction on reforee?? now that was a soul record .....Wendell watts

WENDELL WATTS - KISS A GOOD THING GOODBYE -

Horses for courses eh Tedthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Must admit Joel.......no one more surprised than me when i gave it a listen in refo after it was in sales/auction

Even more surprised when tia-pan revealed the final price......especially after seeing the popsike copy:ohmy:

Never ever heard /seen it before, so i assume it's a collector piece above all else ,unless it's got a fantastic flip side:chinstroke:

Well a collectors piece as well maybe, but surely one of the very very few new discoveries (or shall I say very little known 45s) to be found and played these days. So more a hot and ready to play 45 for the scene rather than a sheer collectors item.

At a guess its been bought for that very reason...and because of that the final price doesn`t seem too stupid given two (in fact three) desperate DJ`s wanting to have sth unique and "fresh" and bid-fighting over it.

Social source share

Somehow but definitely doubt that :ph34r:

Ooh Marc ....you can be so cryptic at times:D

Are you saying you know of it's whereabout's :ph34r:

I do hope Ted's not gonna have to go all the way to Germany to hear it played outwhistling

You could however invite him to dj and kill two bird's with one stone:yes:

Social source share

Ooh Marc ....you can be so cryptic at timesbiggrin.gif

Are you saying you know of it's whereabout's ph34r.gif

I do hope Ted's not gonna have to go all the way to Germany to hear it played outwhistling.gif

You could however invite him to dj and kill two bird's with one stoneyes.gif

Conner Cagle going to Germany...to me...no way LOL! I am stint...thats my new middle name in 2010 anyway LOL!

Social source share

Even more surprised when tia-pan revealed the final price......especially after seeing the popsike copy:ohmy:

Never ever heard /seen it before, so i assume it's a collector piece above all else ,unless it's got a fantastic flip side:chinstroke:

You'd have to go to a nighter to hear it, Lifeline where it was first played by Nick Stevenson nearly 6 years ago who had the first "known" copy over here. Andy Killick the only other I know of to play it. Guess someone else gonna be palying it very soon. I took the first copy to another Lifeline nighter about three years ago to see if anyone interested in it, Sam certainly was, he badly wanted it but couldn't afford it at the time...or wasn't prepared to meet the asking price. Pretty sure I know where the popsike copy is.

Social source share

You'd have to go to a nighter to hear it, Lifeline where it was first played by Nick Stevenson nearly 6 years ago who had the first "known" copy over here. Andy Killick the only other I know of to play it. Guess someone else gonna be palying it very soon. I took the first copy to another Lifeline nighter about three years ago to see if anyone interested in it, Sam certainly was, he badly wanted it but couldn't afford it at the time...or wasn't prepared to meet the asking price. Pretty sure I know where the popsike copy is.

Hi Chalky ...no good telling me ,i don't wanna hear ittongue.gif

It was Ted who said it'd sound great played out and hopefully at somewhere he was visiting this weekendthumbsup.gif

Social source share

This record first came to light best part of 20 years ago it came in a pile of stuff off simon soussan to browny,nick got the record along with some other bits.Not long after it was played under the guises of chuck jackson if memory serves me right,infact somehow a recording from that copy made it's way onto a bootleg c/d in europe of poor quality and the artist on the c/d was "chuck jackson" ! i found a spare around 3-4 years ago and traded it off.It certainly has the feel good factor when played out loud and with plays i dare say could be a popular tune.A tuff 45 even with ebay publicity - had it not been for the bay it would have been near on impossible to find......

Social source share

nick has confirmed all of what andy d has stated i.e. he did buy it off tim brown in 1990 as "an exclusive" along with yvonne vaughn-dot, james knight-concho, jerry lawrence-arc, mel gaines & the regents-mad, black & blue-mercury and 2 more that turned out to be pretty rare too ... he used to play em all at martin bradleys "albrighton" soul night during the warm up spot and the first couple of life-line niters too.... he also must have set some kind of "world record" as the only dj never to have anyone dance to any of his records...!!! still it was a nice bunch of tunes imho...

Social source share

nick has confirmed all of what andy d has stated i.e. he did buy it off tim brown in 1990 as "an exclusive" along with yvonne vaughn-dot, james knight-concho, jerry lawrence-arc, mel gaines & the regents-mad, black & blue-mercury and 2 more that turned out to be pretty rare too ... he used to play em all at martin bradleys "albrighton" soul night during the warm up spot and the first couple of life-line niters too.... he also must have set some kind of "world record" as the only dj never to have anyone dance to any of his records...!!! still it was a nice bunch of tunes imho...

Hi Cookie , slightly off topic , but how is Nick , is he still in Belper .And when is he gonna get his arse into gear and spin a few again..........no don't tell me !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!