Marktoo

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Marco played this a few 100 clubs back and it sounded ace. Also on the flip of the super tough Miko deep soul release? Same version?

I think it's a slightly different take. There are about four takes if I remember rightly, Dave Thorley has other takes on acetate. Fabulous record. Another good version by Ray Gant and the Arabians which you can pick up for £10/£15.

Social source share

Here you go, from the fab Refosoul.

This is the most in your face version, closer to the Miko release, but different again

Artist: Eddie Parker Label: Studio Disc

Track: i need a true love-version 3

soul-clips

232 (0 today) added by Dave Thorley (view all) on 18 Dec 07

Playlist Playbox

Social source share

Have always loved this since I was a teenager - awesome vocal and build in the song - The Triple B release is as good, and as great a double-sider, as Eddie's 45s on Awake and Miko - it has Crying Clown on the flip which is a monumental track in it's own right :thumbup:

Cheers

Richard

Same as the gooda mooga release."Crying Clown" awesome.

Social source share

Have always loved this since I was a teenager - awesome vocal and build in the song - The Triple B release is as good, and as great a double-sider, as Eddie's 45s on Awake and Miko - it has Crying Clown on the flip which is a monumental track in it's own right thumbup.gif

Cheers

Richard

I know it's being picky, but I don't like the fuzz guitar on the Triple B version, the other versions have it way down in the mix and the beat more to the frount. But any version is way out infrount of many 60's things that played alot nowdays.

Social source share

Is everyone sure about the Miko and Triple B versions being different mixes? I've only heard the former once from record but it sounded practically identical to the latter.

As Chalky says the Ray Gant version on Jay-Walking is a good record in its own right: a dead-ringer for an Invictus record with the bonus of a fabulous version of "Don't Leave Me Baby" on the flip for the price of a few pints.

What talent there was in the Ashford/Chandler camp at the time.

Social source share