Yksoul Charity Soul Night In Aid Of Jessie's Fund

YKSOUL CHARITY SOUL NIGHT - 27TH FEBRUARY 2010 - 7.30PM - 01.00AM

TEMPLE HALL, YORK ST JOHN UNIVERSITY, LORD MAYOR'S WALK, YORK

CHARITY - JESSIE'S FUND (charity no. 1045731)

GUEST DJs - JOOLS METCALFE & ROY HUGHES

YKSOUL DJs - NICK BEILBY & STEVE BRADLEY

VJ: SIMON WRAGG

Advance tickets ONLY - £7.50 from York Visitor Information Centre - 01904 550095

Please check our website for further information:- www.freewebs.com/yksoul

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Kenny,

I'll have a word with Marie and let you know.

Steve B

Kenny,

I've had a word with Marie and she'll be getting in touch.

I've also been asked to explain what Jessie's fund is all about, so here goes:-

Jessie's Fund is a UK charity helping seriously ill and disabled children by using music for communication and for therapy. Jessie's Fund works with children in hospices and in other settings nationwide, providing a wide range of musical instruments and giving the children access to music-making and to music therapy. Their "Soundtracks" programme takes them into schools for children with special needs, where their creative workshops and staff training allow children the opportunity to develop through music.

Steve B

Guest yorks old boys

After our meeting on Friday, I believe Simon will be bringing some round for you just in time for your Butlins adventure.......................lol.

I believe you have some ties to this Charity, Kenny?

Steve B

sorry steve i have no ties with the charity but my daughter went to school with jessica

I've been asked by several people if we're still doing the free CD.

The answer is yes with a difference. Each member of YKSoul is providing a small list of their favourite tracks and they will be put on the free CD.

The first 100 through the door will receive one.

Steve B

I've been getting several enquiries about the above post and I must admit to a school boy error.

The free CD's are being given away at the All-Dayer on April 17th so sorry for the confusion.

Steve B

I've been getting several enquiries about the above post and I must admit to a school boy error.

The free CD's are being given away at the All-Dayer on April 17th so sorry for the confusion.

Steve B

Hi Steve and everyone, best wishes with this, hope you have a great time and raise loads of cash.....Hope your well too Steve.? Suzy xx

Looking forward to the 27th. Roy Hughes played a part in introducing the sound of Black America to York in the 60s

Not forgetting its only 256 days to the Torch reunion 2010

I don't think a lot of people are aware of just how much Roy did for the soul nights in York and other Yorkshire Towns.

Steve B

Now theres a name as you say steve, ROY HUGHES, very influencial character in the york soul scenethumbup.gif

He certainly was SONBERT................lol.

He was responsible for bringing some of the big names to York in the 60's and 70's including Alan Bown, Tami Lynn, The Fantastics, Eddie Floyd, Ben E King, Marv Johnson, The Drifters, Jimmy James, The Elgins, Percy Sledge,Edwin Starr, Mary Wells, Len Barry, Bobby Hebb, Major Lance, The Foundations, Johnny Johnson and Robert Knight to name but a few.

Steve B

Really looking forward to this haven't had a boogie since New Year's Eve after only being back from our round the world trip since last Friday! Tried to find some Northern Soul while we were in Oz but didn't manage it....nevermind we will just have to go back and look a bit harder! It will be great to see everyone again and have a good catch up as well as a good dance to the great across the board music that is always played at these events.....we always thoroughly enjoy them....see you all there!!

Jeanette & Pete xx

Really looking forward to this haven't had a boogie since New Year's Eve after only being back from our round the world trip since last Friday! Tried to find some Northern Soul while we were in Oz but didn't manage it....nevermind we will just have to go back and look a bit harder! It will be great to see everyone again and have a good catch up as well as a good dance to the great across the board music that is always played at these events.....we always thoroughly enjoy them....see you all there!!

Jeanette & Pete xx

we'll be @ The Horse & Groom chill out on Sunday

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/121856-horse-and-groom-doncaster/page__pid__1267026__st__50entry1267026

you can't get much better than that . Hope to see you both there .

Edited by andybellwood

I`m sure you`ll enjoy it wally, allways do a great job the yksoul crew-Hthumbup.gif

Thanks Harry, look forward to seeing you there if you can make it. If not it's up at your place on the 13th Mar.

Just crawled out of my sick bed which I've been in since Monday and a lots happened whilst I've been away.

Tickets are really selling well so IF there's any left we'll sell them on the door till 9.30pm on Sat night. If we've sold out out you've been warned.

Simon, our VJ, is bringing along a friend who is in the same line of work so we may see something different on the night.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Steve B

Looking forward to memorable evening

Rolling back the years to the late 60s Roy was the DJ at the allnighters we had at the notorious 55 Club in York. That had lads we new from the Manchester scene attending Tony Person, Scobey , Candy, Kenny Walker but to be honest more going on than the music if you get my drift good old days.

Looking forward to memorable evening

Rolling back the years to the late 60s Roy was the DJ at the allnighters we had at the notorious 55 Club in York. That had lads we new from the Manchester scene attending Tony Person, Scobey , Candy, Kenny Walker but to be honest more going on than the music if you get my drift good old days.

That brings back a few memories, the 55 Club.

Really looking forward to tomorrow night as I'm feeling a bit better. It looks like a few more people are up for it as well judging by the ticket sales.

Steve B

That brings back a few memories, the 55 Club.

Really looking forward to tomorrow night as I'm feeling a bit better. It looks like a few more people are up for it as well judging by the ticket sales.

Steve B

Hi Steve, Good to hear your feeling better, have a brilliant night as i know you will raising loads of cash.

Regards to all.....Suzy xx

YKSOUL CHARITY SOUL NIGHT - 27TH FEBRUARY 2010 - 7.30PM - 01.00AM

TEMPLE HALL, YORK ST JOHN UNIVERSITY, LORD MAYOR'S WALK, YORK

CHARITY - JESSIE'S FUND (charity no. 1045731)

GUEST DJs - JOOLS METCALFE & ROY HUGHES

YKSOUL DJs - NICK BEILBY & STEVE BRADLEY

VJ: SIMON WRAGG

Advance tickets ONLY - £7.50 from York Visitor Information Centre - 01904 550095

Please check our website for further information:- www.freewebs.com/yksoul

:thumbup:Hey Up Steve,

Hope you all have a great night and raise lots of money for a very well worth Charity; "Jessie's Fund". I didn't want to comment on your thread before today, for the reason it would have been "Sorry we can't make it etc, etc", so I thought it best to post an apology today....thumbsup.gif

I was with Jools Metcalfe all last weekend in Jersey at the Weekender and he is really excited and looking forward to Guest DJ-in for you all tonight. (Jools doesn't come on Soul Source). If he is only half as good as he was last weekend, then your in for a massive treat. He was pure awesome....whistling

I've promised my service's in South Yorkshire tonight (another Charity Venue). I'm going be at York Hospital from 3pm - 8pm to visit Linda, then it's off to the Metrodome.

Thanks for the kind words in your text Steve & from other members in your team, Angie etc. All messages have been passed onto Linda....:D

Have a great night....:hatsoff2:

KTF............... Bridgey (Oops, and Linda)....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Steve, Good to hear your feeling better, have a brilliant night as i know you will raising loads of cash.

Regards to all.....Suzy xx

Cheers Susy,

You won't believe it but it looks like Annie's going down with it now so I don't know if she'll be able to make it.

Looks like we've done well with the ticket sales so we'll have to see how much we've raised after tonight.

Bridgey, thanks for that and good to hear Linda's doing well. Yes we're looking forward to hearing Jools.

I think the last time I heard him was your 21st....................lol.

Steve B