• Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

[

WHAT A START TO THE YEAR ALREADY WE HAVE LOST WILLIE MITCHELL

AND NOW SANDRA WRIGHT AND NEWS COMMING IN THAT TEDDY PENDERGRASS AS DIED

AS A TRIBUTE WE WILL BE DOING ANOTHER TWO HOUR SPECIAL OM SUNDAY FEATURING SANDRA AND TEDDY

TUNE IN BETWEN 8-00PM AND 10-PM UK TIME

IF YOU MISSED LAST WEEKS SHOW A TWO HOUR TRIBUTE TO WILLIE MITCHELL IT WAS THE BEST SHOWS EVER SOME OF THE BEST MUSIC YOU WILL EVER HEAR CHECK OUT THE PLAY LIST ON www.therighttrack.org.uk

Harry & Diana

The Right Track Soul Show

Salford City Radio 94.4 fm

Sunday nights 8.00 pm - 10.00 pm

www.salfordcityradio.org

email: [email="righttrack@salfordcityradio.org"

]righttrack@salfordcityradio.org

]https://www.therighttrack.org.uk

Studio Number: 0161 793 2944 / 2942

Social source share

Just like to add I saw Teddy at the Manchester Apollo in the late 70,s or very early 80s. He was suberb. Always liked him as lead with Harold Melvin, in particular The Love I Lost. For me his individual best song was Be Sure. Actually found the programme from the show the other day. At least he can share his love for the music with Alan Pollard now. RIP. So sad.

Social source share

Legend is a term applied too genorously to many, but in Teddy's case it doesn't go far enough to match his prolific and quality output....words wouldn't do him justice, and his voice says far more than we can..........

HAROLD MELVIN & THE BLUENOTES - PRETTY FLOWER - PHILADELPHIA INTL LP -

Sublime soul music....RIP Teddy...we'll miss you..

Social source share

' YOU MUST LIVE ON ! ..... YOU MUST BE STRONG !...WHATEVA HAPPENED JUST HAPPENED ...AND THERES NUTHIN YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT ... AND THERES NUTHIN YOU CAN SAY ABOUT IT ....YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR WAY ABOUT IT ...THERES ....NUTHIN YOU CAN DO ! ...NUTHIN YOU CAN DO !!

BLESS YOU TEDDY IF YOUR LISTENING THANKYOU FOR YOUR GIFT TO US ALL R.I.P TEDDY !!!!!!!!!!

CHRIS MORGAN X

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Teddy Pendergrass RIP, :wicked:

What a loss to the soul world,and his family,

A legend,and a voice that created a baby boom,the songs the voice,it was on par with the equivalent of "musical sex".

You will be missed Teddy,sernade the angels man,theyre in for treat,with you.

Ian 6.gif

Social source share

Teddy Pendergrass RIP, :wicked:

What a loss to the soul world,and his family,

A legend,and a voice that created a baby boom,the songs the voice,it was on par with the equivalent of "musical sex".

You will be missed Teddy,sernade the angels man,theyre in for treat,with you.

Ian 6.gif

The title sums it up ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEI3HWqsZ4I

Thank you Teddy .

Malc burton

Social source share

Guest thierryb

When I heard the news this morning I got a lump in my throat. It's still there:-) Teddy epitomized Soul and it's such a sad loss. RIP Teddy !

Here's one of my favourites by him (There are so many...) When Teddy's singing in the background, it will always be time for love...

Edited by thierry.b
Social source share

Collected his solo albums when he left Harold Melvin and was lucky to see him In Las Vegas ( supported by Stephanie Mills ) in 1981.

One of the greatest singers ever and such a tragic loss especially at an early age.

Thanks for the great memories and rest in peace Teddy.

Steve

Social source share

was lucky to see him In Las Vegas ( supported by Stephanie Mills ) in 1981.

Blimey I bet that was good.

Very sad news indeed.

My absolute favourite is "Somebody told me".

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies

The teddy bear of love , you've given us so much pleasure in you music over the years and still loving it thumbsup.gif

R.I.P Teddy, A true super star

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Just reading all these messages and reminiscing about buying my first p.i.r record as a new release in 1972, If you dont know me by now, it blew me away and switched me on to a whole new genre of music, R.I.P Teddy.

Social source share

Blimey I bet that was good.

Very sad news indeed.

My absolute favourite is "Somebody told me".

Regards

Alan

Was very good Alan, on a fly drive holiday and only there for three nights. Could not believe my luck when I saw his name in neon lights on the strip.

Of his solo stuff The Whole Town's Laughing At Me has always been a favourite but been playing I Just Called To Say a lot recently.

Steve

Social source share

Guest Hunnymon

Gamble/Huff once stated that "Close The Door" was the song that they were the most satisfied with (every aspect) over any other of their work.

I'm gonna dig it out right now and give it a spin.

Social source share

Tell ya ,...many a good night have been had with this track on...in the background!!!!!:whistling:Delxxxx

Hi Del

Can just see you at the front with screams as he shouts " lets shower baby and rub me down with oil " :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for posting the tunes... Good to sit and listen and have a quiet moment in thought...

x

Social source share

Legend is a term applied too genorously to many, but in Teddy's case it doesn't go far enough to match his prolific and quality output....words wouldn't do him justice, and his voice says far more than we can..........

HAROLD MELVIN & THE BLUENOTES - PRETTY FLOWER - PHILADELPHIA INTL LP -

Sublime soul music....RIP Teddy...we'll miss you..

Respect mate...

x

Social source share

Back in 73-75, when I was still going to the Top Rank and Royal Pier Mecca Dance Hall in Southampton on Tuesday and Sunday nights, the 3 all time great slowies were BILLY PAUL 'Me and Mrs Jones', EDDIE HOLMAN 'hey there lonely girl' and HM AND THE BLUENOTES 'If you don't know me by now'.

How many romances of our generation started around that song! Thanks Teddy for all those magic moments of youth.

A true Soul great whose like is sorely absent from contemporary R/B charts, no matter what the most ardent modernists say....RIPthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert