Marvin Ruffin Live At The Kingfisher

Northern Soul & Motown night at The Kingfisher, with usual resident DJ's - Blue Max, Dancing Demon Steve & Hitsville Chalky, on FRIDAY 29th JANUARY - 8pm - 1am.

Plus, live on stage - Fabulous MARVIN RUFFIN!

£6.00 OTD

£5.00 members

• Replies 28
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Northern Soul & Motown night at The Kingfisher, with usual resident DJ's - Blue Max, Dancing Demon Steve & Hitsville Chalky, on FRIDAY 29th JANUARY - 8pm - 1am.

Plus, live on stage - Fabulous MARVIN RUFFIN!

£6.00 OTD

£5.00 members

YEH!! LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK AT THE "FISHER"

BUILDING UP NICELY INTO A GOOD NIGHT OUT!!

AND WITH THE FABULOUS "MARVIN RUFFIN" LIVE ON STAGE

IT'S ONE NOT TO MISS!!

MAX..

Yea Knew you would Max :thumbup: tickets in advance selling well ! looks like a top night at the Kingfisher .

Hi Chalky, :yes:

Im doing my best to get night off,I know others who are going sounds a quality night,hope its a packer for all the organisers,some really nice folks who run THE KINGFISHER SOUL NIGHTS

Ian :D

Hi Chalky, thumbsup.gif

Im doing my best to get night off,I know others who are going sounds a quality night,hope its a packer for all the organisers,some really nice folks who run THE KINGFISHER SOUL NIGHTS

Ian thumbup.gif

Hiya Ian Many thanks for the kind words young man good.gif I do hope you can make the night , we do really need the support at this place and some great lined up acts ready to hit this place over the year ! myself and Demon Steve and Max working hard to put the fisher back on the soul map . Marvin Ruffin really looking forward to this night . once again thanks mate

Guest Phil Richards

Hiya Ian Many thanks for the kind words young man good.gif I do hope you can make the night , we do really need the support at this place and some great lined up acts ready to hit this place over the year ! myself and Demon Steve and Max working hard to put the fisher back on the soul map . Marvin Ruffin really looking forward to this night . once again thanks mate

Me and Sue will be there looks like being a good night out

Cheers Mate and Suzy Mom .. Yes its looking to be a good one , had lots of intrest for this Night , Hopefully Marvin is doing a live interview on a radio station in West Midlands on the day between 12pm - 3pm .

Hi Chalky, thumbup.gif

Will call ya,will want two tickets Mary is coming with me to Marvins do mate

Tickets selling well for a great night of Motown classics and Northern floor fillers aswell singing live ............" Marvin Ruffin " , Marvin will be doing a radio interview on - - www.newstyleradio.co.uk roughly about 1:15pm on Friday afternoon talking about his up bringing in Detroit and so many friends who recorded at Motown and other labels in Detroit at that time , aswell his Nephews David and Jimmy .

Hi Chalky, thumbsup.gif

Ian thumbup.gif

it'll be good to see you and mary, promise ya no tina charles ha! ha!

looking forward to seeing & hearing "marvin" another first for me!!

so everything is set for a great night out!! all your favourite tunes &

requests is the order of the day!!

the "kingfisher" this friday 8pm til 1am

with "hitsville chalky" "steve" dancin' demon! "blue max"

& the fabulous "marvin ruffin" live on stage!!

it'll be good to see you and mary, promise ya no tina charles ha! ha!

looking forward to seeing & hearing "marvin" another first for me!!

so everything is set for a great night out!! all your favourite tunes &

requests is the order of the day!!

the "kingfisher" this friday 8pm til 1am

with "hitsville chalky" "steve" dancin' demon! "blue max"

& the fabulous "marvin ruffin" live on stage!!

of course max ... Marvin live ... with all the classics and the first .. live .. Rode by the place !!! see ya the nite !

Thats great News mate !! look forwrd to seeing you both again many thanks for the support .

Roll on Friday Chalky,:thumbsup:

Do I pay you on the door son is that ok,mate,me and Mary coming,

WE WANT TINA CHARLES SAID WE WANT TINA CHARLES,joking mate but it was friggin funny when Mart did that :lol:

Been speaking to people, generally on the scene, and there's a lot of real interest for The Kingfisher and Marvin Ruffin. After seeing him sing live last year, I'm damn sure that everyone is in for a great night and what with some great sounds to match, what more can anyone want.

Sorting out my best box for Friday thumbup.gif

Dancing Demon Steve

Been speaking to people, generally on the scene, and there's a lot of real interest for The Kingfisher and Marvin Ruffin. After seeing him sing live last year, I'm damn sure that everyone is in for a great night and what with some great sounds to match, what more can anyone want.

Sorting out my best box for Friday thumbup.gif

Dancing Demon Steve

Best Wishes for the night Guys, sounds like you're in for a cracking night thumbup.gif Great to see you Saturday mate.

Guest HindleyPhil

Chalky - me and Anne may only get there a bit later got to work until 5 home at 6 ( or i may try and finish earlier ) 80mile journey in rush hour traffic south should take me about 2 hours max or 1hour if i use 2nd gear

see you there

is Steve going

Chalky - me and Anne may only get there a bit later got to work until 5 home at 6 ( or i may try and finish earlier ) 80mile journey in rush hour traffic south should take me about 2 hours max or 1hour if i use 2nd gear

see you there

is Steve going

Hi Phil, did'nt expect to see you until 'M's next week, but will be great if you can make it to the Kingfisher.

Steve (Dancing Demon & Co. Promoter) good.gif

see you there

is Steve going

Hi Phi have a safe Trip mate , be really nice and good seeing you Both once again thanks for the support !! if you need my number for directions let me know i will pm ya , well not long to go for a Cracker of a night at the Kingfirsher with Plenty of the Motown Classics and Northern Stompers Oldies and of Course .. Blue Max thumbup.gif and Demon Steve ( yes phil he will be there ..I Hope laugh.gif ) and of course Marvin Ruffin Live .

Guest HindleyPhil

Myself and Demon Steve just been on the phone to Nolan Porter he is really looking forward to coming in May 2010 look out for more Details soon of ........ the Keep on keeping on keeping your soul alive uk tour !

So is Nolan on at yours as well as Fays

if so

cool

See you and Steve tonight me and Anne definatley coming down for a looksey at your patch

Edited by HindleyPhil

Myself and Demon Steve just been on the phone to Nolan Porter he is really looking forward to coming in May 2010 look out for more Details soon of ........ the Keep on keeping on keeping your soul alive uk tour !

another class act on the way!! brilliant work chalk's!!

box's sorted and all set for a great night tonight at the "fisher"

if you ain't made plans then why not come and join the crowd

it's lookin' like being a great night!! don't forget live on stage

the one & only "marvin ruffin"

max..

Guest Phil Richards

another class act on the way!! brilliant work chalk's!!

box's sorted and all set for a great night tonight at the "fisher"

if you ain't made plans then why not come and join the crowd

it's lookin' like being a great night!! don't forget live on stage

the one & only "marvin ruffin"

max..

Going to be a top night

Guest HindleyPhil

Hi Phil All Being well Nolan will be on at Oldham .. Nolan will be doing a few Northern soul clubs aswell as working and recording with The Stone Foundation

I thought Nolan was definatley on at Fays on the 12th June M8 ( better be anyway - picking our tickets up off Fay toinght )

well done to you and steve last night Marvin as got a great voice

see you soon

TC & KTF

Top Night ..looking forward to it I Know Marvin is aswell and I'm sure Max is :yes: across the board Policy plenty of Oldies and Motown Classics .

HI CHALKY,

HOPE THE EVENING GOES WELL FOR YOU,WE WERE HOPING TO MAKE IT,BUT UNFORTUNATELY SOMETHING HAS CROPPED UP SO WE CAN'T MAKE IT.

ILL GIVE YOU A CALL SOON GOOD FRIEND.

BEST WISHES

MAZ,DEL,PAUL &RICHIE

OXFORD SOUL CLUB