Standing On Solid Ground

Guest soulboy

Guest soulboy

ANY ONE TELL PLEASE TELL ME WHO THE FEMAIL IS WHO SINGS THIS DIFFERENT TAKE ON STANDING ON SOLID GROUND HEARD IT OTHER DAY NOW ITS BUGGING ME ,

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ANY ONE TELL PLEASE TELL ME WHO THE FEMAIL IS WHO SINGS THIS DIFFERENT TAKE ON STANDING ON SOLID GROUND HEARD IT OTHER DAY NOW ITS BUGGING ME ,

If it is a pukka recording - i.e. not a doctored SB - it is likely to have connections with IL .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest soulboy

If it is a pukka recording - i.e. not a doctored SB - it is likely to have connections with IL .

Malc Burton

IM AMAZED NO ONES HEARD IT ITS A BELTER BUT THEN SIDNEY BARNS WAS AND IS A BIT FROWN ON shades.gif

Social source share

a friend played it me off a cdr got to get a copy i asked them and they dont know who it is

I will lay odds on that it is a doctored copy of SB , i.e. the vocals altered to sound like a female .

If IL had done another version , I would assume that it would have been made known of by now .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest soulboy

I will lay odds on that it is a doctored copy of SB , i.e. the vocals altered to sound like a female .

If IL had done another version , I would assume that it would have been made known of by now .

Malc Burton

You could well be right i only heard it one time but sounded like a woman ,i emailed IL he said he didnt know of it ,so the plot thickens i need to get a copy .

Social source share

You could well be right i only heard it one time but sounded like a woman ,i emailed IL he said he didnt know of it ,so the plot thickens i need to get a copy .

It will not be the first time a well known track has be refettled , with allegedly " new " versions by other artists surfacing , such as " A Love Reputation " , " If That's What You Wanted " and " I'm A Fool , I Must Love You " , which were quite evident when listening to them , that the originals by Denise LaSalle , Frankie Beverley and The Falcons had been doctored .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

quick ways to check is

compare the lyrics

house for sale - not many male housewives back then

compare the singing

dunno the word for it but the sort of ups and downs, groans, moans, shouts etc

they can change the pitch but cant change the content without a lot of effort

Edited by mike
60s ?
Social source share