• Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

enoughs enough

ask all to quit the post a youtube clip game

as said fair enough if they were out of the ordinary or such, but a lot of ones that seen last few days are already up here in refosoul

which many soul source members have built up over the years to a 30,000 plus individual track reference

the amount and quality of youtube clips have had is well off, just been clogging the site up with the over the top amount

they slow the threads down, push other threads off and as said its not as if many have been out of the ordinary

end of day this is Soul Source, not some cheesey youtube link dump site

if you want to listen to "classic" youtube clips then do it on youtube

Social source share

whats with all the youtube links

fair enough if something out of the ordinary but vast majority of recent ones are to put it bluntly over played and well known

all doing is making it a pain to read threads

Oh all right then, but just found a cracking 9 min clip of Marvin Smith on a recent Chicago local TV programme miming to I'm Gonna Miss You and This Heart Of Mine but if ya don't wanna see it whistling

Social source share

Oh all right then, but just found a cracking 9 min clip of Marvin Smith on a recent Chicago local TV programme miming to I'm Gonna Miss You and This Heart Of Mine but if ya don't wanna see it whistling.gif

:thumbsup:

when was last time had someone post a interesting vid like that ?

the whole idea of the "embedding" feature is for that sorta thing

instead been swamped by stuff which (for the majority) is already up on here

upload it in refosoul, be part of a online database, easily searched, commented, rated, embedded and cross referenced

Social source share

Oh all right then, but just found a cracking 9 min clip of Marvin Smith on a recent Chicago local TV programme miming to I'm Gonna Miss You and This Heart Of Mine but if ya don't wanna see it whistling

that's my friend's show Chic-a-go-go. Marvin was suprisingly much more excited by "this heart of mine" than he was by "I'm gonna miss you". He came on the show with Larry Blasingaine, but I don't know if my friend put the interview with Larry on his youtube page.

Back to the topic, some of the clips posted (e.g. in the Teddy Pendergrass thread) are more than just music clips, they are actual performances, Mike, are you also opposed to those. I posted a clip of what i think is the greatest performance in soul music history, the blue notes on soul, teddy is crying by the end, when I first saw the clip (I think maybe even posted here), I watched it every day for like 4 months, it's amazing.

Obviously just posting youtube clips of audio here or fan-videos is sort of pointless if it's in refosoul but some of the teddy pendergrass clips in that thread were actual performances on soul train or other shows. You're not opposed to that, right?

Social source share

:thumbsup:

when was last time had someone post a interesting vid like that ?

the whole idea of the "embedding" feature is for that sorta thing

instead been swamped by stuff which (for the majority) is already up on here

upload it in refosoul, be part of a online database, easily searched, commented, rated, embedded and cross referenced

i posted a bunch of interesting videos recently, the new yorkers doing "aint that news", etc.... not many people read the video section though.

Social source share

that's my friend's show Chic-a-go-go. Marvin was suprisingly much more excited by "this heart of mine" than he was by "I'm gonna miss you". He came on the show with Larry Blasingaine, but I don't know if my friend put the interview with Larry on his youtube page.

Back to the topic, some of the clips posted (e.g. in the Teddy Pendergrass thread) are more than just music clips, they are actual performances, Mike, are you also opposed to those. I posted a clip of what i think is the greatest performance in soul music history, the blue notes on soul, teddy is crying by the end, when I first saw the clip (I think maybe even posted here), I watched it every day for like 4 months, it's amazing.

Obviously just posting youtube clips of audio here or fan-videos is sort of pointless if it's in refosoul but some of the teddy pendergrass clips in that thread were actual performances on soul train or other shows. You're not opposed to that, right?

actual videos are welcome and encouraged

just been overload last few days of youtube audio links being added

the amount and the quality do imo have a negative effect on the site

i posted a bunch of interesting videos recently, the new yorkers doing "aint that news", etc.... not many people read the video section though.

yep have seen them and as said thats the sort of thing the embedd(link) feature is actually aimed at

know it can all sort of sound crabby

but as we have got to stage where people are asking for tracks to be added without searching to see if on here already first

do feel that enough is enough as far as audio youtube clips are concerned

and so ask members to tone down the amount getting posted down

Social source share

A couple of years ago I uploaded more or less every single rare soul clip I had to youtube (including that New Yorkers clip) and to be honest, Soul Source had access to the best collection of soul videos in the world without doubt, then one day the nice people representing Motown got them all removed and got me banned from youtube (for posting 10 minutes of Motown 40 - so why did they remove the other 150 clips) anyway after that I thought sod it, let somebody else do it, and thats why I've not posted anything since and why there haven't been that many new or interesting clips posted.

Social source share

Below is my attempt at posting a Refo clip. It's not a very good attempt. Currently find it easier to post a YouTube clip in a thread than a Refo ...

Artist: Magnetics Label: Green Dolphin

Track: lady in green

• soul-clips

infonode-w.gifplaynode-w.gif

lol, after posting above unsurprisingly it doesn't work. My fault will have a study in tech section as I think there's a thread in there on this sort of thing.

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

here are Simmsy

three stage thing

1. go to clip

https://www.soul-sour...clips/magnetics

2, at bottom of every clip you should see

post-1-12635507164122_thumb.png

do as it says - highlight the below code and "copy" it to your pc clipboard ( right click or ctrl and c)

3. post the code into your post (either right click or ctrl and v)

it will show like below

MAGNETICS -
[/code]

thats it

when you hit the post button it will show like the below

MAGNETICS -

Social source share

actual videos are welcome and encouraged

just been overload last few days of youtube audio links being added

the amount and the quality do imo have a negative effect on the site

MIke,

You're bang on with this request. If it's a performance of interest i.e. not available in any other format to upload to the site then youtube content is imo perfectly justified. However, if it's just a soundclip then it should be posted into refo and added to the post. Even external links to youtube are not satisfactory as the link can die and the post be ruined if the youtube video is removed.

The recent modern 500 thread, although a good thread, was spoilt by the mental amount of youtube links. Please add the music to refo!

Only me opinion, but I believe the point on maintaining the integrity and quality of this great forum is key.

Regards,

Greg. :thumbsup:

Social source share

ARTHUR PRYSOCK - I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT -

Oh wow !

I was only testing this to see if it's as easy as Youtube & thankfully it is. Just takes a bit more clicking but if its not gonna slow the proceedings down then it's worth it.

obtw you dont have to listen to the song but as the song goes .............................................. laugh.gif to get this clip up in the first place laugh.gif

x

Social source share

Totally agree Mike thumbup.gif

Soul-Source is Soul-Source and Refosoul is Refosoul - quality in terms of both members and content thumbsup.gif

YouTube is ... well it's only really YouTube and not in the same class at all is it boxing.gif

Cheers

Richard

Ooh !

No its not in the same class but it was and is a handy tool, as Mike must have thought as he taught me how to post a youtube link in the first place.

Youtube can be helpful for those items that are not in refosoul so the two can play together nicely as long as its not overkill & overplayed rubbish.

Ali x smile.gifwink.gif

Social source share

enoughs enough

ask all to quit the post a youtube clip game

as said fair enough if they were out of the ordinary or such, but a lot of ones that seen last few days are already up here in refosoul

which many soul source members have built up over the years to a 30,000 plus individual track reference

the amount and quality of youtube clips have had is well off, just been clogging the site up with the over the top amount

they slow the threads down, push other threads off and as said its not as if many have been out of the ordinary

end of day this is Soul Source, not some cheesey youtube link dump site

if you want to listen to "classic" youtube clips then do it on youtube

ooops guilty, not so sure about the 'cheesy' i posted , but...

Fair point, will try the refosoul link / or listing in future

duly noted

I did wonder why the pages loaded so slow. And all the time I was contributing to making that happen. D'oh!

Social source share

Oops, me one of guilty persons, but I do post up refo aswell.

I can't play refo at present, cos I cant upgrade the flash player for some reason, thats why I posted quit e a few you tubes.

Sorry

Psmile.gif

the link here

should lead you to advice how to uninstall and reinstall if having probs with upgrading ya flash

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!