Four Tops And Temptations Tour

Guest canaryjoe

Guest canaryjoe

Never seen them, should I go ? Reason I ask is because part of me wonders if I may be a bit disappointed . Anyone seen them reasonably recently ?

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

They're on at the o2 arena in March, with the Three Degrees & The Drifters.

Wife's birthday in March so thought I might treat her rolleyes.gif

Anyone know who's in the line ups for each of the groups now, or are they really just watered down tribute acts compared to what was the real deal?

Alternative would be to take her to see the stageshow "Dancing In The Streets", which I presume is actors/singers singing the songs? Anyone seen this show and if so is it recommended?

Social source share

Wife's birthday in March so thought I might treat her :rolleyes:

Anyone know who's in the line ups for each of the groups now, or are they really just watered down tribute acts compared to what was the real deal?

Alternative would be to take her to see the stageshow "Dancing In The Streets", which I presume is actors/singers singing the songs? Anyone seen this show and if so is it recommended?

Ya tight git. Buy her some jewellery.

Social source share

Wife's birthday in March so thought I might treat her :rolleyes:

seen dancing in the street was all singers but martha reeves was compareing it and doing the odd bit of toon (thank god ) but it was well worth going ........................not sure now about line up for others saw drifters at fairfield halls croydon they were all relatives of the originals but were very good ...hope this helps

regards julie :good:

Edited by soulqueen1
Social source share

there is just one in each group left from the original line up as far as I'm aware. Theo Peoples, (or is it Ronnie McNair on lead), is no Levi Stubbs and without Levi singing it isn't the Four Tops is it :P

Social source share

Wife's birthday in March so thought I might treat her rolleyes.gif

dancing in the streets is a great show, very professional...

Westy

Social source share

there is just one in each group left from the original line up as far as I'm aware. Theo Peoples, (or is it Ronnie McNair on lead), is no Levi Stubbs and without Levi singing it isn't the Four Tops is it :P

Ronnie McNeir wasn't singing lead when we saw them a couple of years ago in Amsterdam. He did sing lead on "Just Ask The Lonely" and sounded fantastic.

See where you're coming from re the "tribute band" stuff tho Chalky and to be honest we only went after being given free tickets.

A very proffesional tight show with an excellant band and some wonderful talented performers in both bands. Ron Tyson taking Eddie Kendricks role in the Temps was especially good.

Cheers Paul

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

for a good night out i'm sure these events are top notch, with artists that do a fine job, but personally i would'nt go. I saw the 'real' 4 tops in 85 and it was something that will never be repeated.

I also saw the Temps around the same time. they had a great line up, but even then, as someone who grew up with Ruffin/Kendricks vocals, something was missing

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i wouldn't mind going to this sometime. Just so you can get to see at least 2 original members one from each band. Four tops with ronnie McNeir sounds good but Otis Williams at least he is still there one hell of good member

plus some of the members in temptations think they was on some later recordings by them ie mid 80's onwards. they do sound better then bands like Drifters who are still around

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!