Oxford Soul Club 13 Febuary 2010

Next instalment of the Oxford Soul Club

Going to be another Party !!!!!!

SPECIAL GUEST DJ :-NEIL SELF,,,(MR. SOULFUSION,Gloucester)

With resident DJ's Jon Willis, Charlie Mc, and Maz.

Oxford Soul Club presents;

NORTHERN SOUL

TAMLA MOTOWN

NIGHT,

On:

SATURDAY, 13TH. FEBUARY,2010.

At: THE EMPRESS BALLROOM

ROVER SOCIAL CLUB

Roman Way, (First RIGHT off Horspath Road after leaving Eastern Bypass,)

Cowley,

OXFORD

OX46NL

7:45 pm until 1:00 am

(Sorry no admission after 10:30)

Ample free parking

cost as last time

£5,,,,,,o.t.d.

For more info, contact:

Steve, Maz, and Del

dcsoxford@aol.com

Feel free to get in touch for directions or just a chat.

Always glad to hear for anyone !!!

Many thanks,

Steve, Maz, and Del. (OXFORD SOUL CLUB)

• Replies 61
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Next instalment of the Oxford Soul Club

Going to be another Party !!!!!!

SPECIAL GUEST DJ :-NEIL SELF,,,(MR. SOULFUSION,Gloucester)

With resident DJ's Jon Willis, Charlie Mc, and Maz.

Oxford Soul Club presents;

NORTHERN SOUL

TAMLA MOTOWN

NIGHT,

On:

SATURDAY, 13TH. FEBUARY,2010.

At: THE EMPRESS BALLROOM

ROVER SOCIAL CLUB

Roman Way, (First RIGHT off Horspath Road after leaving Eastern Bypass,)

Cowley,

OXFORD

OX46NL

7:45 pm until 1:00 am

(Sorry no admission after 10:30)

Ample free parking

cost as last time

£5,,,,,,o.t.d.

For more info, contact:

Steve, Maz, and Del

dcsoxford@aol.com

Feel free to get in touch for directions or just a chat.

Always glad to hear for anyone !!!

Many thanks,

Steve, Maz, and Del. (OXFORD SOUL CLUB)

Looking forward to DJing for the Oxford crowd again, it's always a real pleasure to spin for such a friendly crowd.

Loud shirt needed though, so I will have to dig something eyecatching out!!!

can't wait

best

Neil

3 Weeks to go......

Del, Maz & OSC thanks for your concern during my recent illness.....

Well building up nicely, so I'm told...

Paul's birthday, who's baking a cake????????

Del I will be back

Will be good to see everyone, Chris & Steve are up from Folkestone,not seem them for ages

Soulfusion tonight, here we go

Jon

Great to see all theOxford Mob at Soulfusion last night, really looking forward to the 13th feb now, another great soulnite in oxford is anticipated.

Del don't forget the loud shirts we were talking about.

best

Neil

3 Weeks to go......

Del I will be back

Will be good to see everyone, Chris & Steve are up from Folkestone,not seem them for ages

Jon

Great to see all theOxford Mob at Soulfusion last night, really looking forward to the 13th feb now, another great soulnite in oxford is anticipated.

best

Neil

3 Weeks to go......

Del I will be back

Jon

best

Neil

Looks like it is going to be a LOUD SHIRT NIGHT.............

Neil, Dels not trying to get you to wear the Pink one is he ????

Jon

No Jon,

You know I have that one saved for you,

'cos it matches your eyes !!!!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

Anyone that wishes to wear a 'party shirt' is more than welcome,

including YOU Jon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Also:--

had a great message from Rugby Soul Club Allnighter that is unfortunately clashing with ours,

"Hi

If anyone is travelling down to Rugby after your do, if they mention that they've been to your venue first, they can get in for £8.

I know it'd not always easy for anyone to get down after their own venue but if you do, it'll be great.

Dean and Sian"

Great gesture and what soulies are all about,

If our night was not on, or we were a bit younger, we would have been heading that way ourselves.

Hopefully next time.

Del.

It's not what you wear it's what you feel.............

If you like Northern with a friendly bunch...

One of the best dancefloors around and reasonable priced drinks.........

As its Paul's 50th please bring 1 balloon..

If you've not been.. Get down here..Always a cracking night..

Jon

2 weeks to go....

Everybody looking forward to it

Spoke to Neil in the week and he is looking forward to playing to Oxford people...

Going to be a good one

Jon

Yes, less than 2 weeks to go now and I'm really looking forward to this one, Oxford is always a great event, I can't reccomend this event enough, no bolloktics just a good old northern soulnite with regular top name guests.

they are slumming it this time as they have asked yours truly to spin a few Ha Ha!!!!!!!

Seriously now, it's gonna be a cracking night so please come along and give it a go.

will be spinning my best tracks alongside, Jon Willis(soulfusion), Charlie Mac(banbury soul club), and Mazz(founder member of Oxford soul club)

hope to see you all there

best

Neil

This is my last chance to tell everyone what a Great night OSC is before I swan off to Florence for a few days .....wave.gif

HAVE A GOOD TIME RITCHIE.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT OXFORD SOUL NIGHT,ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED TO HAVE AS GUEST DJ,MR.SOULFUSION,NEIL SELF NOT ONLY DOES HE PROMOTE PROBABLY THE BEST SOUL NITE IN THE SOUTH WEST BUT HE AIN'T A BAD DJ EITHER.ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE HE'S BEEN DOWN TO OXFORD SO WE ARE REALLY PLEASED NEIL COULD MAKE IT.

WILL ALSO BE GLAD TO HAVE JON WILLIS BACK ON BOARD AFTER HIS ILLNESS,WITH HIS CLASSY SELECTION OF TUNES.

NOT FORGETTING CHARLIE MC WILL BE BLAZIING OUT SOME GOOD OLD CLASSICS,SO ALL IN ALL IT SHOULD ANOTHER PARTY NIGHT.

MUST NOT FOR GET ITS PAULS "BIG 50",AS DEL SAID STILL DANCING LIKE A 10 YEAR OLD,DOES REALLY PISS ME OFF:hatsoff2:.

NOT TOO LONG TO GO TILL THE 13TH

BEST WISHES

MAZ

OSC

Del, Maz, Paul, Ritchie.

Looking forward to it boys! and It seems that I'll have to get my Shirt out in honour of the birthday boy.

Not long now.

If you are doing nothing this Thursday and fancvy a trip over to Hemel, Jon Buck has another RSG event with Soul Sam guesting. Details are on SS.

If I don't see you Thursday see you on 13Th

Cheers

Yogi :smile:

ame='neil self' date='31 January 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1264959832' post='1251764']

You are far too modest Neil,

If you are good enough to DJ for Soulfusion, then you are good enough for us,,,,,

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Del.

Del, I am so looking forward to it mate, I love DJing at other folks events

will be bringing a few folks with us too

best

Neil

Hi everyone,

my foot is still giving me grief, my chest is still playing up, I need a dose of cheering up--------------------so where to go -------------------Oxford of course, sounds like i'll need my sunglasses for this one . Looking forward to this one , be nice to catch up with everyone. Are you sure Paul's only 50, he must have had a big paper round !!!

Great to hear that Jon is back, Maz, I hope that your chest is better. Del , shirts ironed and shoes shined. Neil, don't forget Joe Simon, bossy ain't I ?

It's tipping down in Folkestone at the moment , listening to the Little Ann album on tinnion, go on you know you want it !

see you all a week Saturday

Steve and Chris

xx

Hi everyone,

my foot is still giving me grief, my chest is still playing up, I need a dose of cheering up--------------------so where to go -------------------Oxford of course, sounds like i'll need my sunglasses for this one . Looking forward to this one , be nice to catch up with everyone. Are you sure Paul's only 50, he must have had a big paper round !!!

Great to hear that Jon is back, Maz, I hope that your chest is better. Del , shirts ironed and shoes shined. Neil, don't forget Joe Simon, bossy ain't I ?

It's tipping down in Folkestone at the moment , listening to the Little Ann album on tinnion, go on you know you want it !

see you all a week Saturday

Steve and Chris

xx

Steve & Chrissie,

So glad you will be coming along, haven't seen you since Chicago nearly 12 months ago, I know you two have had a really testing 12 months which makes these trips out even more worthwhile. for me spending time in the company of folks like you two, all the oxford and Banbury lot is a really enjoyable experience. and let's face it, you only have to think about Del, Mazz, Paul and Steve and it instantly brings a beaming smile to your face (well it does mine anyway)

just over a week to go now

can't wait!!

best regards

Neil

FORZA OXFORD SOUL CLUB.. Bellissimo...Ciao x :lol:

And the sun has just come out....:yes:

NEVER MIND THE WEATHER ,ITS PUTTING UP WITH ALL THE ITALIAN STALLION BIT WHEN HE GETS BACK:wanker:.

MAZ

Forget the weather outside its going to be smiley and sunny in side no clouds on this horizon

Steve I have put Tick Tock in my box, played this in Scotland and I have heard they have all been out buying it

Jon

yes you've been ill ever since:whistling:

maz

Hi Neil,

Thanks for that am really looking forward to catching up, real shame about squirrel's death it does only seem like yesterday we were there with him and Ruby, ah well precious memories.

Take good care

Steve and Chris

xx

FORZA OXFORD SOUL CLUB.. Bellissimo...Ciao x :rolleyes:

And the sun has just come out....:shades:

Ciao Richie,

Tre giorni in Italia e si tenta di stronzate la gente su soulsource che si parla la lingua !!!!!

Sappiamo che ¨ possibile utilizzare Google Translate e due persone possono giocare quella partita.

Vediamo quando torni, ma ho un freddo puzzolente e sentire grezzi come badger¢'s bum.

I'm nella merda eventuali italiani leggere questo,

hahahahahahahahahaha

Translation;-

Hi Richie,

Three days in Italy and you try to bullsh*t people on soulsource that you speak the language!!!!!

We know that you use google translate and two people can play THAT game.

See you when you get back, but I have a stinking cold and feel rough as a badger's bum.

I'm in deep sh*t if any Italians read this,

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hi Chris and Steve,

wonderful to see you two next week, try and have a longer chat and bore you with news of the girls,

Nat Nast silk ????????

shame not to,,,,

Del.

Photo:-

Maz and Del wearing Nat's @ last soulfusion 23/1/2010

post-7901-12653121388254_thumb.jpg

post-7901-12653121388254_thumb.jpg

Jon,

obviously your illness must have been far worse than we thought, in Scotland they only buy chips and Tenents

Get wll soon

Steve and Chris

No, some do buy some tunes....

Looks like I am not the only one suffering.

Bad year all round, not just me, talking in general...

Lots of people in our thoughts...

Its going to be a good one lets get it on, just over a week

Jon

Only a week to go....

Hope ever one is feeling better, been a tough year for illness.........

We will try and cheer everyone up and play some great music, I think we normally do..

Sounds like Ive got a co pilot, the Burnley boy, Steve Ray is coming up, that will put a smile on some faces !!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear Neil is well up for it....

Be good to see you all, 7 days

Jon

Edited by JON WILLIS

Only a week to go....

Hope ever one is feeling better, been a tough year for illness.........

We will try and cheer everyone up and play some great music, I think we normally do..

Sounds like Ive got a co pilot, the Burnley boy, Steve Ray is coming up, that will put a smile on some faces !!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear Neil is well up for it....

Be good to see you all, 7 days

Jon

that will put a smile on some faces !!!!!!!!! the actual words were hes doing that laugh again i hate when he does that . on the way back from edingburgh the burnley boy .now before anyone jumps on there high horse real mates wouldnt make comments like that they would tell you about it or being the charity case am i not spose to say anything i can take a joke like the next bloke but when your half asleep it dont sound like a joke .so besides the fact that i hate not being able to get out and enjoy the music i love so much or only being a punter and not part of the elite dj crowd whose comments only seem to count .i wish you guys the best enjoy and have a good night and these are personal feelings beleive me oxford is a night not to be missed trust me i have totally enjoyed my nights there you will not be dissapointed.

that will put a smile on some faces !!!!!!!!! the actual words were hes doing that laugh again i hate when he does that . on the way back from edingburgh the burnley boy .now before anyone jumps on there high horse real mates wouldnt make comments like that they would tell you about it or being the charity case am i not spose to say anything i can take a joke like the next bloke but when your half asleep it dont sound like a joke .so besides the fact that i hate not being able to get out and enjoy the music i love so much or only being a punter and not part of the elite dj crowd whose comments only seem to count .i wish you guys the best enjoy and have a good night and these are personal feelings beleive me oxford is a night not to be missed trust me i have totally enjoyed my nights there you will not be dissapointed.

Col if you want to come !!!!!!!!

Its not a problem, you know you want to....

I know situation is not ideal but you have to make the best, try and phone you...

Jon

I know situation is not ideal but you have to make the best, try and phone you...

Jon

jon your a great bloke but we are going off the thread the main thing is that oxford and soulfusion get the shouts they both deserve but at the end of the day my situation as no real meaning to wether im there or not ill still be a number on a seat even now if i say to hel delay that bill im going to oxford ill still be either sat on my own or wandering between that seat and the bar so ive got to do what i need to do i hope that everyone feels that ive been totally upfront with them and i dont mean for my problems to overlay anyone elses .and im 54 this year im not going to grow up ill be me and speak as i find lol

jon your a great bloke but we are going off the thread the main thing is that oxford and soulfusion get the shouts they both deserve but at the end of the day my situation as no real meaning to wether im there or not ill still be a number on a seat even now if i say to hel delay that bill im going to oxford ill still be either sat on my own or wandering between that seat and the bar so ive got to do what i need to do i hope that everyone feels that ive been totally upfront with them and i dont mean for my problems to overlay anyone elses .and im 54 this year im not going to grow up ill be me and speak as i find lol

Hi Col, I treat The Northern soul scene like an old friend, it's always there if you want it, and if you decide to take a break then that's fine, you know if and when you decide to come back, you will be welcomed with open arms, by the music, the friends you have made all those years ago and by new folks like yours truly, who didn't have the fortune to live in this area 35 years ago.

best regards

Neil

Jon

COLBOY,

AS PART OF THE FAMILY YOU KNOW YOUR ALWAYS BE WELCOME,FOR WHO YOU ARE.

SO THE OSC AWAITS YOUR COMPANY ON THE 13TH,SO WE CAN HAVE A BEER TOGETHER.

SEE YOU SOON

MAZ

Del, Maz, Paul, Ritchie.

Looking forward to it boys! and It seems that I'll have to get my Shirt out in honour of the birthday boy.

Not long now.

If you are doing nothing this Thursday and fancvy a trip over to Hemel, Jon Buck has another RSG event with Soul Sam guesting. Details are on SS.

If I don't see you Thursday see you on 13Th

Cheers

Yogi smile.gif

Yogi !

Hope you are bringing that "Funky Boy" Reg with you,

Don't think we've seen him since Hunstanton,

Talking of which,,,,,

Jamie has cocked up the next week-ender flyers,

He has me as DJing and it should be MAZ

hahahahahahahahaha

You know me,

I don't know one end of a record from the other!!!!

Still, only 20,000 flyers with the mistake on,,,,

see you Saturday,

Del.

Yogi, on the floor at Oxford

post-7901-12655444091374_thumb.jpg

post-7901-12655444091374_thumb.jpg

Yogi !

Hope you are bringing that "Funky Boy" Reg with you,

Don't think we've seen him since Hunstanton,

Talking of which,,,,,

Jamie has cocked up the next week-ender flyers,

He has me as DJing and it should be MAZ

hahahahahahahahaha

You know me,

I don't know one end of a record from the other!!!!

Still, only 20,000 flyers with the mistake on,,,,

see you Saturday,

Del.

Yogi, on the floor at Oxford

DEL,

LITTLE REG WAS AT OUR 3RD ANNIVERSARY NIGHT WHICH WAS AFTER SUNNY HUNNY.HE WAS SELLING AND SIGNING HIS BOOK:thumbsup:.

MAZ

Guest mellytee

DEL,

LITTLE REG WAS AT OUR 3RD ANNIVERSARY NIGHT WHICH WAS AFTER SUNNY HUNNY.HE WAS SELLING AND SIGNING HIS BOOK:thumbsup:.

MAZ

Del, are you sure you were there?????!!!!!!!

Mel - Banbury

Ciao Richie,

Tre giorni in Italia e si tenta di stronzate la gente su soulsource che si parla la lingua !!!!!

Sappiamo che ¨ possibile utilizzare Google Translate e due persone possono giocare quella partita.

Vediamo quando torni, ma ho un freddo puzzolente e sentire grezzi come badger¢'s bum.

I'm nella merda eventuali italiani leggere questo,

hahahahahahahahahaha

Translation;-

Hi Richie,

Three days in Italy and you try to bullsh*t people on soulsource that you speak the language!!!!!

We know that you use google translate and two people can play THAT game.

See you when you get back, but I have a stinking cold and feel rough as a badger's bum.

I'm in deep sh*t if any Italians read this,

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hi Chris and Steve,

wonderful to see you two next week, try and have a longer chat and bore you with news of the girls,

Nat Nast silk ????????

shame not to,,,,

Del.

Maz and Del wearing Nat's @ last soulfusion 23/1/2010

אוקספורד SOUL CLUB ........ נשמע כמו רעיון טוב לי :ph34r:

Well, we're all ready and looking forward to Oxford's first Soul night of 2010. Good to have Jon Willis back behind the decks after his short illness. He's well back on form, played a great set at the last Soul Fusion. Club's guest dj as you probably already know, Neil Self. DJ and promoter of Soul Fusion and ex-Banbury boy, many years ago! Always plays a fantastic set, knows his Soul music. Heavily influenced on Soul music, like all of us from Banbury, having a big American Airforce Base on your doorstep. So Paul's 50th, ah! I see a few of you will be wearing shirts in his honour. Bright ones I expect knowing the Oxford boys. Well, I think I might be able to find one to fit the occasion .... but I don't think I can compete with Del and Maz, but I'll give it a go.

Look forward to seeing you all on the night my friends, will be coming up with the usual folks from Banbury. Its going to be a great night as normal.

Charlie Mc

Well, we're all ready and looking forward to Oxford's first Soul night of 2010. Good to have Jon Willis back behind the decks after his short illness. He's well back on form, played a great set at the last Soul Fusion. Club's guest dj as you probably already know, Neil Self. DJ and promoter of Soul Fusion and ex-Banbury boy, many years ago! Always plays a fantastic set, knows his Soul music. Heavily influenced on Soul music, like all of us from Banbury, having a big American Airforce Base on your doorstep. So Paul's 50th, ah! I see a few of you will be wearing shirts in his honour. Bright ones I expect knowing the Oxford boys. Well, I think I might be able to find one to fit the occasion .... but I don't think I can compete with Del and Maz, but I'll give it a go.

Look forward to seeing you all on the night my friends, will be coming up with the usual folks from Banbury. Its going to be a great night as normal.

Charlie Mc

Charlie,

It was Mr. Self that started this Idea to wear the shirts on Saturday,

so don't feel you are obliged to.

Funny thing is,,,,

I've bought shirts for Paul, and he won't wear them,

thinks they are 'un-cool'

not like the rest of us who don't give a sh*t,

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"אוקספורד SOUL CLUB ........ נשמע כמו רעיון טוב לי "

Richie,

I think Oxford Soul Club sounds like a good idea to me as well !!!!!

Del.

Paul.

post-7901-12656622052039_thumb.jpg

post-7901-12656622052039_thumb.jpg

Charlie Mc

Hiya buddy, thanks for the Big UP regarding soulfusion.

Needless to say I will be digging out some quality tracks for Saturday night

Soundmasters

Soul Communicaters

The Ivorys

Sam Dees

Cody Black

Major Lance

Gladys Knight

Candace Love

Joe Simon

Emanuel Laskey

Rose Batiste

Johnnie Sayles

to name a few

Oh and I will hopefully fit in a tremendous LP only track from the Platters

hope that's got your mouthes watering!!!!

see you on the dancefloor

best regards

Neil

Charlie Mc

Charlie,

Can you include Wilson Pickett - Let me be your boy in you box please!

Cheers

Yogi

:thumbup: