Bar Life: Skegness

coops

Bar Life jan 2010

There's no way of spinning this..... it was very light on numbers at the Bar Life this Saturday. There may be many reasons for this but what ever they may be, those regulars who couldn't make the second oldies night at this Skegness venue missed a very good night in deed.

Those who did get there (from Lincoln, Boston, Cambridge and Peterborough) all enjoyed the company, the surroundings and the music, specially the music.

The evening was presided over by the Bar Life residents who dished up a varied and soulful evening of class oldies.

Many 'popular' classics were spun but by no means only the 'popular' classics.

Mak, Sharon K, Pilgrim and Martin Stanford each to a one played memory after memory to keep the fires burning this wet and cold Saturday evening on the East Coast.

The next event will be on the 20th of Feb when the Bar Life goes back to it's original Square Peg format of an evening of across the board quality Northern, Modern and Crossover Soul.

On a personal note it was great to see Steph and Clint again, both brightened up the evening but also made sure Mr. Stanford got back to the 'Boro safely after a one-night fling with his seductress Mrs. Guinness!

Images can be found on : https://squarepegsoul...om/default.aspx

Edited by coops
  • Replies 3
  • Views 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest sharon k

A big THANK YOU to those of you that travelled and made the effort on such a cold wet night as coops as already said yes numbers were down but the music and the company definately made up for it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....

LEZA MONDAY AND CHRISTINE WEDNESDAY.

See you all on the 20th feb for a night of across the board quality soul

I must admit i didn't really fancy this one and when we arrived my worst fears seemed to be realised as there was absolutely no one there (there's a song there somewhere) but folk gradually began to trickle in and although the numbers weren't great there were enough to create a really nice atmosphere.In the end i really enjoyed the night and the music was top notch all night with classic oldies from the 60s and 70s warming everyone up (and it needed to as it was freezing) so i was pleased that we went and i think my better half was too.See you all on the 20th feb.:yes::good:

Bar Life jan 2010

There's no way of spinning this..... it was very light on numbers at the Bar Life this Saturday. There may be many reasons for this but what ever they may be, those regulars who couldn't make the second oldies night at this Skegness venue missed a very good night in deed.

Those who did get there (from Lincoln, Boston, Cambridge and Peterborough) all enjoyed the company, the surroundings and the music, specially the music.

The evening was presided over by the Bar Life residents who dished up a varied and soulful evening of class oldies.

Many 'popular' classics were spun but by no means only the 'popular' classics.

Mak, Sharon K, Pilgrim and Martin Stanford each to a one played memory after memory to keep the fires burning this wet and cold Saturday evening on the East Coast.

The next event will be on the 20th of Feb when the Bar Life goes back to it's original Square Peg format of an evening of across the board quality Northern, Modern and Crossover Soul.

On a personal note it was great to see Steph and Clint again, both brightened up the evening but also made sure Mr. Stanford got back to the 'Boro safely after a one-night fling with his seductress Mrs. Guinness!

Images can be found on : https://squarepegsoul...om/default.aspx

Martin..........................one night stand.......................more like a full blown affair with the amount of times i've seen him with her!!! whistling.gif

cheers,

John Mc.