Robin Hood Breierly

Guest LittleJazzyDavid

Guest LittleJazzyDavid

hi everybody called at robin hood last night for a few hours as i was driving.really good night to say.rob wiggley on the decks played a excellent spot as well as dave wood. i think i will be going back there in the next month if possible. the company .the music .the friendship really really good what more could i ask for. everbody dancing to the fantastic music so i should say the floor was full.thumbup.gif .got to go now getting ready for church as they say (the pub).beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif .K.T.F. DAVE.

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You beat me to it Dave !

I'm up early and going to get the first shot in on this before the "Randy Brandy's" Hi-jack the thread!

First time for us at The Robin Hood and it was nice to be back in Barnsley once again.

This place is a great venue, well laid out and has huge potential for bigger things.

I followed Woody's map and got lost! no sat nav here! but the return journey was VERY Simple and you are not far from Jnc 36 of the A1 just the mysterious Dearn Valley it throws me every time-even the locals get lost!

On arrival plenty of familiar friendly faces along with a couple I knew from SS, Paul Newton and Al from Sheffield-who'd bought along Barry Holland-a pleasure to meet you both.

Spent some time chatting and watching Woody and Dick warming up the crowd and thinking about what to play. Mickey "Two Dinners" took to the decks at 9.30 for the hour before me and played an excellent set of oldies with a smattering of current floor-fillers which kept the punters happy.

I followed along in a similar vein with hopefully a few more "underplayed" things mixed into the mix and tried to steer clear of the Top 500-which I think I managed.

One record which I didn't bring along was Lenny Welch 100 pounds of pain-I had 3 request for that and I'd have gladly played it as I don't hear it that often.

During the spot I was accosted by Joyce and Shirl-the (in) famous Brandy Sisters and accept no responsibility for the shocking photos they took, I also don't give in to Blackmail, the nightwear wasn't mine, red isn't my preferred choice of colour for undergarments, the "walker" was borrowed and I will be seeing my psychologist for treatment on Monday. (Where did you want the case of Brandy sending again?)

All in all a great night with great people, nice to see Derek Greenhoff and Rob Smith

The Donny lot and Dave from Wath and I even managed to give away a copy of my signature tune" The Snake" to Woody!

We'll be back !

Rob & Karen

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

You beat me to it Dave !

I'm up early and going to get the first shot in on this before the "Randy Brandy's" Hi-jack the thread!

First time for us at The Robin Hood and it was nice to be back in Barnsley once again.

This place is a great venue, well laid out and has huge potential for bigger things.

I followed Woody's map and got lost! -no sat nav here! but the return journey was VERY Simple and you are not far from Jnc 36 of the A1 just the mysterious Dearn Valley -it throws me every time-even the locals get lost!

On arrival plenty of familiar friendly faces along with a couple I knew from SS, Paul Newton and Al from Sheffield-who'd bought along Barry Holland-a pleasure to meet you both.

Spent some time chatting and watching Woody and Dick warming up the crowd and thinking about what to play. Mickey "Two Dinners" took to the decks at 9.30 for the hour before me and played an excellent set of oldies with a smattering of current floor-fillers which kept the punters happy.

I followed along in a similar vein with hopefully a few more "underplayed" things mixed into the mix and tried to steer clear of the Top 500-which I think I managed.

One record which I didn't bring along was Lenny Welch 100 pounds of pain-I had 3 request for that and I'd have gladly played it as I don't hear it that often.

During the spot I was accosted by Joyce and Shirl-the (in) famous Brandy Sisters and accept no responsibility for the shocking photos they took, I also don't give in to Blackmail, the nightwear wasn't mine, red isn't my preferred choice of colour for undergarments, the "walker" was borrowed and I will be seeing my psychologist for treatment on Monday. (Where did you want the case of Brandy sending again?)

All in all a great night with great people, nice to see Derek Greenhoff and Rob Smith

The Donny lot and Dave from Wath and I even managed to give away a copy of my signature tune" The Snake" to Woody!

We'll be back !

Rob & Karen

thumbup.gifThink you said it all rob , was good to see you both , really enjoyed playing last nite and enjoyed your spot very much , i wont mention the underwear but i think there will be some interesting photos on here shortly.

My head this morning says it was a good nite so a chill out day required, thanks to everyone there that made it a good nite and see you in Brid

Kindest Regards Mickey thumbup.gif

In order of what I can remember playing-there are some others as well ! Not in playlist order either !

Bobby Womack "Home is where the heart is" Columbia

Brothers "Are you ready for this" RCA

Carol & Gerri "How can I ever find the way" MGM

Charles Johnson "Never had a love" Alston

Cody Black "I'm slowly moulding" King

Doug Parkinson " I'll be around" Southern Stars

Detroit Executives "Cool off" Pamaline

Eulla Cooper "Let our love grow higher" Super Sound

Frankie & Johnny "I'll hold you" Decca

Frankie Beverly *If that's what you wanted" Sassy

Gil Blanding "Rules" Ready

Herb Ward "Strange change" Argo

John Bowie "You're gonna miss a good thing baby" Merben

John Drevars "The closer she gets" MGM

John & Weirdest "Can't get over these memories" Tie

Masqueraders "Do you love me baby" Wand

NF Porter "Keep on Keeping on" Lizard

Susan Barrett "What's it gonna be" RCA

Timi Yuro "It'll never be over for me" Liberty

Wille Kendrick "Change your ways" RCA

(for the Brandy's)

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

Hey guy's,

what time did you lot get up. Anyway, what a night, it's a pity you can't bottle atmosphere in it we'd have made a fortune last night :sleep3::thumbup: :thumbup: . Rob & Micky's spot's absolutely superb, faultless !!! good.gifgood.gif Yeh Rob did give me a copy of The Snake to play for a request, i did'nt have one & Rob just went i've got one (could'nt believe it :ohmy: ), here keep it. I also got asked for 100 Pounds Of Pain, whiuch i'd also left at home, ah well can't win em' all :sleep3: . Rob Smith over near the entrance seemed tobe quite busy most of the night as well, bought a record off him (told you i would). Thought the Randy Brandy Sisters were quite well behaved, did'nt know about these photo's diablo.gifdiablo.gif , i'll have to investigate further :shades: .

All in all a crack'in night, fantastic music, great company & atmosphere to die for :D:lol:beer.gif , what more could you ask, see you all on the 20th of next month, when we can do it all again (can't wait) :thumbup: , cheer's Woody :sleep3: .

The first photos have hit the Net-Ive been approached by Big Brother , The News of the World and Jordan wants to go out with me !ph34r.gif

https://www.facebook....70107261&ref=nf

Rob

Lol nice pics rob , sure some more will appear too when shirley put hers up .

Playlist from last nite ;

Take a gian step - profiles

Find me love - jackie de shannon

Thats enough - rosco robinson

She blew a goo thing - poets

Secret agents - olympics

More today than yesterday- spiral staircase

Dont you care anymore - jodi mathis

Dont pity me - sue lynn

I cant get enough - j sayles

Love runs out - willie hutch

Youve got your mind on other things - beverley ann

Whats wrong with me baby - invitations

Dont pretend - the belles

Tear stained face - don varner

Save my love for a rainy day - van dykes

When your lonesome - little jo roman

Hide nor hair - earl grant

Love love love - bobby hebb

Something keeps calling me back - wayne fontana

Since i found a love - sandy hadley

Working on your case - o,jays

Love you baby - eddie parker

Everybody dance now - soul city

Its better to have - don covay

Friday Night - johnny taylor

Regrads Mickey

Just like to say had a great night Great spots from all the DJ's & great atmosphere apart from when some knob heads came in taking the piss. I would just like to apologise to everbody for lauching into that kid its not normally like me but they just piss me off I dont go to their night taking the piss. Well anyway they wont be back wankers wanker.gif

P.S. Thanks to Shirley and everybody who came and sat with me and calmed me down team tarn was deffo in force last night. thumbup.gif

Just like to say had a great night Great spots from all the DJ's & great atmosphere apart from when some knob heads came in taking the piss. I would just like to apologise to everbody for lauching into that kid its not normally like me but they just piss me off I dont go to their night taking the piss. Well anyway they wont be back wankers wanker.gif

P.S. Thanks to Shirley and everybody who came and sat with me and calmed me down team tarn was deffo in force last night. thumbup.gif

thumbup.gifAl, no prob mate , we look aft each other , none of us go out for that so dont worry bout it , least nowt happened and glad you had a good nite apart from that , see ya soon boxing.gif

regards mick

#

Hi Al,

glad you & Barry had a good night, it was a cracker :thumbup: . Don't worry about those idiot's wanker.gif , same as Mick said we look after each other good.gif , put this way they won't be back :no: . Saw you doing deal's with Mr Smith, picked up a bargin myself :thumbup: .

Anyway roll on next month eh :thumbup: , hope it's as good as this one if not better :thumbup: :thumbup: , see you soon pal, Woody :thumbsup: .

Guest BrandySistaShirl

You beat me to it Dave !

I followed Woody's map and got lost! -no sat nav here! but the return journey was VERY Simple and you are not far from Jnc 36 of the A1 just the mysterious Dearn Valley -it throws me every time-even the locals get lost!

We'll be back !

Rob & Karen

HELLO ROB thumbsup.gif

great to see you and karen last night.

great nite enjoyed all d.js sets.

mmmmm now where shall i start :rolleyes:

got some realy nice photos of you last night (to follow my daughter has my cradle)

but will b worth the wait (oh dear )

try to get them on in next couple a days.

we didnt realise red wasnt your favorite....but dunt worry plenty of different colors nxt time we see you.

maybe we will bring some to brid!!!!

watch this space.get an extra appointment wi ur shrink u mite need it and would that b a crate each ???

see ya both soon tek care.shirl (the quiet 1)x

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Just like to say had a great night Great spots from all the DJ's & great atmosphere apart from when some knob heads came in taking the piss. I would just like to apologise to everbody for lauching into that kid its not normally like me but they just piss me off I dont go to their night taking the piss. Well anyway they wont be back wankers :wanker:

P.S. Thanks to Shirley and everybody who came and sat with me and calmed me down team tarn was deffo in force last night. :thumbup:

hi al

agree it was a good night.

dunt apologise it was them silly sods who carnt handle a drink (unlike the brandy sisters eh)

its not bad when they arnt into soul but enjoy it..but like u when they tek piss its annoyin.

anyway enough of them they dint spoil a good night.

see ya ltr.x

hi al

agree it was a good night.

dunt apologise it was them silly sods who carnt handle a drink (unlike the brandy sisters eh)

its not bad when they arnt into soul but enjoy it..but like u when they tek piss its annoyin.

anyway enough of them they dint spoil a good night.

see ya ltr.x

Looked like he had a sniff of the barmaids apron to melaugh.gif

brandy sisters-waiting with baited breath--and a few snaps of my own showing how you like to sink a few snifters

Rob

Guest Barry Holland

#

Hi Al,

glad you & Barry had a good night, it was a cracker thumbup.gif . Don't worry about those idiot's wanker.gif , same as Mick said we look after each other good.gif , put this way they won't be back no.gif . Saw you doing deal's with Mr Smith, picked up a bargin myself thumbup.gif .

Anyway roll on next month eh thumbup.gif , hope it's as good as this one if not better thumbup.gifthumbup.gif , see you soon pal, Woody hatsoff2.gif .

Ey up Dave, just like to say had a great time last night.thumbup.gif Music was spot on all night, from everybody. thumbup.gif Tell thi' summat, pacemaker wa' goin' at one bit, but we were allright at end weren't we. Look after us senz.thumbup.gif Nice to see Rob and Karen. See you all soon, roll on the next one. Well done again to the Robin Hood crew.hatsoff2.gif Barry, KGB. KTF.

HELLO ROB thumbsup.gif

great to see you and karen last night.

great nite enjoyed all d.js sets.

mmmmm now where shall i start rolleyes.gif

got some realy nice photos of you last night (to follow my daughter has my cradle)

but will b worth the wait (oh dear )

try to get them on in next couple a days.

we didnt realise red wasnt your favorite....but dunt worry plenty of different colors nxt time we see you.

maybe we will bring some to brid!!!!

watch this space.get an extra appointment wi ur shrink u mite need it and would that b a crate each ???

see ya both soon tek care.shirl (the quiet 1)x

Quiet 1 my arse

shout.gifshout.gifshout.gifshout.gifshout.gif

Guest modlife

I can only reiterate what`s already been said, it was a cracking night. The music played was consistantly good all through and a great atmosphere. My personal highlight was "Friday night" by Johnny Taylor which Mickey finished with. Quality!

A must walk abart wi` me eyes shut cos` a dint see no aggro and I dint know nowt abart that nicker fetish party that were going off ohmy.gif . My invite probably got lost int` post (again!) sad.gifSee y`all soon! thumbsup.gif

I can only reiterate what`s already been said, it was a cracking night. The music played was consistantly good all through and a great atmosphere. My personal highlight was "Friday night" by Johnny Taylor which Mickey finished with. Quality!

A must walk abart wi` me eyes shut cos` a dint see no aggro and I dint know nowt abart that nicker fetish party that were going off :ohmy: . My invite probably got lost int` post (again!) :sad:See y`all soon! thumbsup.gif

:thumbup:comments like that make it all worth while , i try pick what i think folk will enjoy and alately its worked so the more i do hopefully i will improve , to see folk dancing to what i play is fantastic and dont forget im under the wing of the brandy sisters but draw the line with the undies lol whistling

all the best see ya all soon regards mickey

Guest BrandySistaShirl

A must walk abart wi` me eyes shut cos` a dint see no aggro and I dint know nowt abart that nicker fetish party that were going off :ohmy: . My invite probably got lost int` post (again!) :sad:See y`all soon! thumbsup.gif

awwww what a shame....

or should i say u had a lucky escape....:ph34r::ph34r::wub: .x

shades.gif[url="https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=39&t=120925#"] wot ? no call from chris deburgh requestin the pleasure of your company on his summer tour.? ah, well no shortage of offers for a smooch in such er, racey attire eh rob? all together now tttthhhe lady in reeeeeeed is dancing with me,,,cheek to cheek, and i hardly know ho ho , this beauty by my siiiiiide whoooo, i,ll never forget , the way you look tonight!

Ey up Dave, just like to say had a great time last night.thumbup.gif Music was spot on all night, from everybody. thumbup.gif Tell thi' summat, pacemaker wa' goin' at one bit, but we were allright at end weren't we. Look after us senz.thumbup.gif Nice to see Rob and Karen. See you all soon, roll on the next one. Well done again to the Robin Hood crew.hatsoff2.gif Barry, KGB. KTF.

Hi'ya Baz,

glad you enjoyed your self the other night, alway's nice to see you & Al. As you said superb music from all DJ's, full dance floor, record's being sold, deal's & trade's being done, laughter, friendship. All these ingreediants = an awesome night, that's what Soul Night's @ Robin Hood are all about, hope we can continue to make it even better.

Look forward to seeing you again next month pal, love to Ann, be in touch soon, Dave

hi everybody called at robin hood last night for a few hours as i was driving.really good night to say.rob wiggley on the decks played a excellent spot as well as dave wood. i think i will be going back there in the next month if possible. the company .the music .the friendship really really good what more could i ask for. everbody dancing to the fantastic music so i should say the floor was full.thumbup.gif .got to go now getting ready for church as they say (the pub).beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif .K.T.F. DAVE.

Hi Dave,

thank's for coming along the other night good.gif , i know you've been trying to through for last few month's, glad you made it :thumbup: . Glad you had a good night as well, got to agree Rob Wigley was brill, as was Mickey Two Dinner's who was on just before you came in :thumbsup::unsure: .

Nice of you to pop in good.gif , hope you can make it again soon, cheer's Dave :thumbsup: .

A must walk abart wi` me eyes shut cos` a dint see no aggro and I dint know nowt abart that nicker fetish party that were going off ohmy.gif . My invite probably got lost int` post (again!) sad.gifSee y`all soon! thumbsup.gif

Hi buddy,

thank's for coming along again, our Soul Night's would'nt be the same with out you & the gang :yes: . Sorry you missed the lingerie party :( (i'll kill them two when i see em' :wicked: ), all in good fun & add's to the night's entertainment, although i do worry sometimes what they're going to get up to next swoon.gif .Thank's for the nice positive comment's good.gif , great night good.gif , see you next month pal, Woody :lol: .