United Sound Of Soul - Walsall (16.01.10)

Guest Ferrett

Guest Ferrett

Another top night with a great bunch of people who are not afraid to listen (and dance) to something a bit different.

Quality tunage all night with stuff like Kenny Hamber, Quotations (unreleased), Two plus Two, Joys of Life, King George, Arthur Willis etc. Particularly liked the Jimmy Raye track on Moonshot played by the Attic Lads early doors. Excellent track that was new to me. Definately going on the shopping list biggrin.gif

Brilliant turnout from Shropshire (15 +) including a first time soulette (Heidi) who seemed to be REALLY enjoying herself despite slipping over on the talc early on. A couple more soul nights and she'll be converting these slips into dance moves!!

Great to catch up with the likes of Kimbo and Lisa (all the way up from Northants), Amer, Jordi etc.

Many thanks to Kev, Sharon and Martyn for keeping us all soulful into 2010. I know it's a thankless task sometimes but we'll be with you all the way. You're all diamonds!!thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ferrett
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest BigPaul

Another top night with a great bunch of people who are not afraid to listen (and dance) to something a bit different.

Quality tunage all night with stuff likeno.gif Kenny Hamber, Quotations (unreleased), Two plus Two, Joys of Life, King George, Arthur Willis etc. Particularly liked the Jimmy Raye track on Moonshot played by the Attic Lads early doors. Excellent track that was new to me. Definately going on the shopping list biggrin.gif

Brilliant turnout from Shropshire (15 +) including a first time soulette (Heidi) who seemed to be REALLY enjoying herself despite slipping over on the talc early on. A couple more soul nights and she'll be converting these slips into dance moves!!

Great to catch up with the likes of Kimbo and Lisa (all the way up from Northants), Amer, Jordi etc.

Many thanks to Kev, Sharon and Martyn for keeping us all soulful into 2010. I know it's a thankless task sometimes but we'll be with you all the way. You're all diamonds!!thumbsup.gif

Just got in, got to agree there, young siryes.gif

Music was top drawer all nightthumbsup.gif Even had a couple of dances meselfwhistling.gifsweatingbullets.gif

Thought Cliffs new take on Rudy Love stole the showgood.gif Earphones and alllaugh.gif

Big up Kev, Martyn and Sharon

Plenty of fun , games, japes and laughter to, didnt manage to get a word in all nightinnocent.gif

Long may it continue

Best

Paul

Went with the intentions of having a corker and didn't dissapoint.Got to the hotel/venue at 7.30.Quick brushhup and downstairs for 8 to spin a few for Kev and Martyn (thanks for having us guys!!).

The guys after were Neil (i'll have yer Curtis Liggins when you've done:D ),Dave Rimmer,Chick,Cliff then Soul Sam.Bringing up the rear was John Weston.Great mix of tunes all night thru till 3.30am.

I was a little more quiet than usual,but Paul made up for it:laugh: .Great company,loads of laughs and top quality sounds.thumbsup.gif

Hi to everyone who attended USOS last night....Firsty a massive Thanks to Sharon for your support and for the collection that you did with Lou & Jane in raising money for Birmingham Chlidrens Hospital and The Upper GI Unit Russlles Hall Hospital, and Thanks to everyone who contributed on the night just over £64 was collected....I was thrilled to bits when told of this amount and peoples generousity....Thank you all so much. It's very much appreciated by all the Sunshine Girls....

See you soon Sharon, once again many, many Thanks. Suzy xx

Edited by Suzy

Quality tunage all night with stuff like Kenny Hamber, Quotations (unreleased), Two plus Two, Joys of Life, King George, Arthur Willis etc. Particularly liked the Jimmy Raye track on Moonshot played by the Attic Lads early doors. Excellent track that was new to me. Definately going on the shopping list :D

FANTASTIC NIGHT. THANKS GUYS SUCH A FRIENDLY CLUB. NICE TO SEE CHIC AND JANE HAS IT REALLY BEEN 2 YEARS. SAD HAD TO LEAVE AT 2AM (POORLY DOG) GOT IN AT 4 MISSED THE TURN OFF THE M1 SO GOT A ROLLOCKING FOR THAT! THE MUSIC WAS MATCHED BY THE PASSION AND TASTE OF ALL THE DJ'S. AND I CERTAINLY ENJOYED DANCINING AND LISTENING TO ALL. TOP SOCIAL NIGHT YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE. GAZ AND LYNNE FOX AND JANET MISSED YOU GUYS.

TAKE IT EASY KIMBO N LISA:good:

CHIC IF YOU READ THIS LET ME HAVE DETAILS OF THAT NITE YOU ARE INVOLVED IN TA.

Hi to everyone who attended USOS last night....Firsty a massive Thanks to Sharon for your support and for the collection that you did in raising money for Birmingham Chlidrens Hospital and The Upper GI Unit Russlles Hall Hospital, and Thanks to everyone who contributed on the night just over £64 was collected....I was thrilled to bits when told of this amount and peoples generousity....Thank you all so much. It's very much appreciated by all the Sunshine Girls....

See you soon Sharon, once again many, many Thanks. Suzy xx

Yes!!A BIG THANKYOU to all that put to the collection that Sharon,Lou & Jane took lastnight at USOS,its very much appreciatted by us all!! WELL DONE!! :thumbsup:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Ferret's post sums USOS up perfectly.

If you've been before then you know what to expect.

if you haven't then make a date for the next one.

Quality all night.

Great to catch up with everyone and always good to put a few more faces to names - Sean and arnie j great to meet you.:thumbup:

And special thanks for being introduced to Mitzie.:yes:

And huge congrats to BigPaul on his engagement:laugh:

See you at the next one.

Best

Tabs

A MOST ENJOYABLE EVENING AS USUAL,CHIC AND NEAL WERE IN TOP FORM ALL I CAN SAY IS IT WAS MY KINDA MUSICwhistling.gif MR RIMMER PLAYED GREAT UPTEMPO STUFF,CLIFF REALLY MIXED IT UP A BIT FULL OF SUPRISES,THEN YA GOT SOUL SAM PLAYING UP TO HIS USUAL BRILLIANCE AND PLYED SOME GREAT TOONS THAT WERE NEW TO MY EARS.ME I DID THE LAST HOUR AND I THINK BY THEN PEOPLES STAMINAR WAS STARTING TO LAG I WAS HEARING CRIES OF PLAY SOME MID TEMPO SO I DUELY OBLIGEDyes.gif ,UNFORTUNATELY I WAS NOT THERE EARLY DOORS TO HEAR THE ATTIC LADS SO IT WAS A NICE SUPRISE TO SEE EM FINNISHING THE NIGHT OFF WITH SOME FINE SOUL TOONSthumbup.gif

Guest Sean Haydon

Pleasantly surprised to see so many nice people that had travelled to enjoy the evening, shocked to see my mate Big Paul. The place was buzzing from early on, great friendly atmosphere and Quality music. I must say that I didn't expect the uptemponess, suits me thogood.gif. Good to put faces to names and chat to people, Kev H, Tabs and Arnie J .

The uneducated local soulies don't know what their missing.

Well done Sharon, Kev and Martyn, keep it up.

Edited by SHorny
Guest BigPaul

Ferret's post sums USOS up perfectly.

If you've been before then you know what to expect.

if you haven't then make a date for the next one.

Quality all night.

Great to catch up with everyone and always good to put a few more faces to names - Sean and arnie j great to meet you.thumbup.gif

And special thanks for being introduced to Mitzie.yes.gif

And huge congrats to BigPaul on his engagement laugh.gif

See you at the next one.

Best

Tabs

Thanx for pressie mategood.gif

Only one that botheredyes.gif

The Towels with"The Royal Hotel" Walsall logo look a treat in the Bathroomlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest BigPaul

Pleasantly surprised to see so many nice people that had travelled to enjoy the evening, shocked to see my mate Big Paul. The place was buzzing from early on, great friendly atmosphere and Quality music. I must say that I didn't expect the uptemponess, suits me thogood.gif. Good to put faces to names and chat to people, Kev H, Tabs and Arnie J .

The uneducated local soulies don't know what their missing.

Well done Sharon, Kev and Martyn, keep it up.

Soz about that mate, He does go on a bitlaugh.gifg.giflaugh.gif

what a superb night again, i just love this place, all the djs were superb as they always are, not gonna single anyone out this time cos they all really were top notch, (as is the norm for usos djs) dave rimmer played a brill uptempo r&b tune which he had covered up,(i had a sneaky peek though :unsure:), its also the people who make this nite special to me, so many friendly faces, great to meet tabs and shorney(top blokes :thumbsup:) and always nice to see joan and tony and to talk records with jordi, left just before one cos i was pissed :thumbsup:, shouldve stayed to hear soul sam really but i cldnt stand up properly by then !

just a great night with great like minded people and brill music all night, plenty tunes i hadnt heard before as usual and to top it all off i danced loads, by the way, who did the free cd ? fookin top notch indeed !! hope to see everyone again in april

jason

Yet another brilliant nite at USOS, leading the way as usual and right up there musically , for me Chic played an outstanding out of his skin set, which I think I danced to most of them ! sorry bad boy weston..do you like his T-shirt!!!we had a lift home at 2 so missed yr set matey!sorry I was a bit miserable, but I am still upset sorry, but Usos did lift my spirits, and I did get to dance some of those Turkey blues away, so all in all , another fabulous nite ,and if you where not there, boy you missed a cracking nite, and congratulations on the engagement Paul, :thumbsup:

Guest SoulRenaissance

Well the other posts say it all really. Just to thank all the jocks, those who attended, and those who helped in any way for another memorable night.

A little down on the previous ones, but new faces into the bargain. We lost regulars to many events, illness, and non-soul functions, but still came out winners with a decent number in.

All those who made comments or recommendations on the night, they are noted. After each event, we do take stock of things that could improve or help. So thanks again, you're words aren't wasted.

There is a longer than normal wait til the next event, Sat.3rd April (3rd Anniversary). But after that we will be back to more regular dates.

Watch out for an anouncement in the near future about the 3rd, but you can be rest assured we have another no-holds barred rare soul dj lineup that will certainly keep us kickin' ass well into 2010.

Martyn

what a superb night again, i just love this place, all the djs were superb as they always are, not gonna single anyone out this time cos they all really were top notch, (as is the norm for usos djs) dave rimmer played a brill uptempo r&b tune which he had covered up,(i had a sneaky peek though :thumbup:), its also the people who make this nite special to me, so many friendly faces, great to meet tabs and shorney(top blokes :thumbup:) and always nice to see joan and tony and to talk records with jordi, left just before one cos i was pissed :rolleyes:, shouldve stayed to hear soul sam really but i cldnt stand up properly by then !

just a great night with great like minded people and brill music all night, plenty tunes i hadnt heard before as usual and to top it all off i danced loads, by the way, who did the free cd ? fookin top notch indeed !! hope to see everyone again in april

jason

Hiya Jason

Nice to see you again on Saturday the free cd was kindly compiled by Phil Shields who dj'd at USOS in November.

Just a quick thanx to everyone who made the trip to USOS on Saturday and to all the dj's thumbup.gif and special thanx to everyone who comtributed to the Sunshine Girls charity collection we raised over £64 and to Lou for taking the collection round. This time I found a vest so if anyone is missing one please get in touch also I've still got the shoes from November actually if this carries on I could have a whole new wardrobe by the end of 2010 :wicked:.

Another great night for me with great music and great people and a few new faces along with the regulars, it would be lovely if some of the dj's could put their playlists up :lol:.

Looking forward to our next night on Saturday 3rd April when we'll be celebrating our 3rd Anniversary with another great line up of dj's.

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

Hiya Jason

Nice to see you again on Saturday the free cd was kindly compiled by Phil Shields who dj'd at USOS in November.

Just a quick thanx to everyone who made the trip to USOS on Saturday and to all the dj's :thumbup: and special thanx to everyone who comtributed to the Sunshine Girls charity collection we raised over £64 and to Lou for taking the collection round. This time I found a vest so if anyone is missing one please get in touch also I've still got the shoes from November actually if this carries on I could have a whole new wardrobe by the end of 2010 :laugh:.

Another great night for me with great music and great people and a few new faces along with the regulars, it would be lovely if some of the dj's could put their playlists up :yes:.

Looking forward to our next night on Saturday 3rd April when we'll be celebrating our 3rd Anniversary with another great line up of dj's.

Sharon

What size is the vest?

Not sure Martyn will check and let you know think it's a khaki green colour

Great night as usual and a superb line up for the next onethumbup.gif Keep up the good work you're doing a great jobthumbup.gif

Keith Money, Mick H, Willingham Collective, Franc Giacobbe, Woody, Ian Spittle thumbup.gif

Edited by Tony Foster