Bury Masonic 16Th Jan

Guest porky yorkie

Guest porky yorkie

Well what a night,

Thanks to Dereck & Shiela for puttin' on another great night at the Masonic Hall. There was a good turn out for this the inaugeral Saturday night. the floor was kept busy for a long time ( All night in fact )

All the djs played somethin' for everyone, and the tempo was pretty good all the way through the night.

Nige Brown should have a special mention as one of the djs couldn't make it and Nige stood in for half an hour with his sales box, WELL DONE Nige. I tell you what If I had the money last night I'd have had a couple of the tunes off ya.

Killa played some pretty awsome tunes, as per usual, I've never heard him do a bad spot yet ( Lookin' forward to hearing him again next week )

Dereck well there was definately two sides to him last night, playin' some real nitty Gritty tunes and then turn it on it's head and play such soulful sounds, ( or the other way around )

And as for me I just tried to play something across the board.

I'm sure dereck & Sheila won't mind me thanking everyone who supported them, after all it's the least they deserve for all the effort they put in, into making this a top night.

Pete

• Replies 13
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well what a night,

Thanks to Dereck & Shiela for puttin' on another great night at the Masonic Hall. There was a good turn out for this the inaugeral Saturday night. the floor was kept busy for a long time ( All night in fact )

All the djs played somethin' for everyone, and the tempo was pretty good all the way through the night.

Nige Brown should have a special mention as one of the djs couldn't make it and Nige stood in for half an hour with his sales box, WELL DONE Nige. I tell you what If I had the money last night I'd have had a couple of the tunes off ya.

Killa played some pretty awsome tunes, as per usual, I've never heard him do a bad spot yet ( Lookin' forward to hearing him again next week )

Dereck well there was definately two sides to him last night, playin' some real nitty Gritty tunes and then turn it on it's head and play such soulful sounds, ( or the other way around )

And as for me I just tried to play something across the board.

I'm sure dereck & Sheila won't mind me thanking everyone who supported them, after all it's the least they deserve for all the effort they put in, into making this a top night.

Pete

I have gotta agree with Pete it was deffo a brill nite, great muisc, fantastic crowd and a good atmosphere Although I didn't dance as much as usual (due to partying hard the nite b4 - I'll say no more about that ) I enjoyed listening to what was played by all the DJs all did brill spots.

There is only one way for this venue to go now and that is UP. After all hard work Dereck and Sheild have done they really did deserve a turn out like last nite, I'm am sure that more will turn up as word gets around about this cracking venue.

Thanxs Dereck and Sheila for a great nite, c u at the next one.

Smurfy

WHAT A GREAT LAST NIGHT AT BURY MASONIC. REALLY GOOD TURNOUT WHICH MADE A GOOD FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE.

MUSIC PLAYED BY ALL THE DJ'S WAS EXCELLENT AND KEPT THE FLOOR GOING ALL NIGHT.

SPECIAL MENTION FOR NIGE WHO STEPPED IN AND PLAYED FROM HIS SALES BOX.

BRILLIANT SPOT AND CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT HE'S GOT LINED UP FOR US AT ORRELL IN MARCH thumbup.gif

WELL DONE DERRECK AND SHIELA. LOOKING FOWARD TO THE NEXT ONE

I have gotta agree with Pete it was deffo a brill nite, great muisc, fantastic crowd and a good atmosphere Although I didn't dance as much as usual (due to partying hard the nite b4 - I'll say no more about that ) I enjoyed listening to what was played by all the DJs all did brill spots.

There is only one way for this venue to go now and that is UP. After all hard work Dereck and Sheild have done they really did deserve a turn out like last nite, I'm am sure that more will turn up as word gets around about this cracking venue.

Thanxs Dereck and Sheila for a great nite, c u at the next one.

Smurfy

(due to partying hard the nite b4 - I'll say no more about that )

Well, I could say something about that....but I won't Liz laugh.gif My lips are sealed shhh.gif

Mick

Now I know I'd had quite a few by the time I got there but I thought Saturday night was one of the best nights I've had at Bury Masonic. With a decent turnout from punters who are up for a good night, the place really gets buzzing. Mix in the jocks, who played some really good stuff and bingo, a top night. Looks like Saturday is the way to go bud. Well done on having the courage to make the change. As already said, after all the hard work you put in, you deserve the support.

Looking forward to many more of these nights in the future thumbup.gif

P.S. Just like to give a special personal thanks to Carole, John & Denise for making the trip over. Was really great to see them again.

Now I know I'd had quite a few by the time I got there but I thought Saturday night was one of the best nights I've had at Bury Masonic. With a decent turnout from punters who are up for a good night, the place really gets buzzing. Mix in the jocks, who played some really good stuff and bingo, a top night. Looks like Saturday is the way to go bud. Well done on having the courage to make the change. As already said, after all the hard work you put in, you deserve the support.

Looking forward to many more of these nights in the future :thumbup:

P.S. Just like to give a special personal thanks to Carole, John & Denise for making the trip over. Was really great to see them again.

I'M SURPRISED YOU CAN REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT LAST NIGHT BLUNNY AFTER ALL THE DIRTY BEER YOU HAD YESTERDAY!!!!!! LOL

smiley_beer.gif

Now I know I'd had quite a few by the time I got there but I thought Saturday night was one of the best nights I've had at Bury Masonic. With a decent turnout from punters who are up for a good night, the place really gets buzzing. Mix in the jocks, who played some really good stuff and bingo , a top night. Looks like Saturday is the way to go bud. Well done on having the courage to make the change. As already said, after all the hard work you put in, you deserve the support.

Looking forward to many more of these nights in the future :thumbup:

Didn't get there till about half nine,

must have missed the Bingo.

Bugger.

:laugh::laugh:

Good night,thumbsup.gif take it easy

ATB

Tony

Guest bury masonic

Thanks Pete & Liz for starting the thread & all your comments

Dont have the computer at home only at work!!

Well wot at start to the new saturday nite

Started off with a few tech hitches with the sound system,just to stress me out :thumbup:

But with help from Andy soon got it sorted!!good.gif

People started flooding in very early and we ended up with a great attendance

With regulars and a lot of new faces!!:ohmy:

Killa & pete,great spots as usual

And a special thanks to Nige Brown who stepped in for half an hour with this sales box

For Dave who didnt make it,must have been looking for the boys !!!!!!! :thumbup:

Wish i had a sales box like Nige,s,(they wudnt be 4 sale!!)

Our next Saturday is the 20th February

With me & Killa & special guests Steve Jenks & Pete Best from Junc 17

Thanks again for the great turnout considering everybody was at Dave Bacons 60th at Barnsley

Sorry we cudnt make it Dave,but all the very best mate,sounds like you had a superb night :thumbup:

Dereck & Sheila

Edited by bury masonic

dereck i got lost on me way there yet again . so am sorry for not ariving until late but got to say things are looking better for you mate all the time n hard work you and shiela put in its now getting there. anyway some nice tunes played and more folks than in the past and a real nice atmosphere so come on you manchester folks get over to bury and suport a good night

Guest bury masonic

dereck i got lost on me way there yet again . so am sorry for not ariving until late but got to say things are looking better for you mate all the time n hard work you and shiela put in its now getting there. anyway some nice tunes played and more folks than in the past and a real nice atmosphere so come on you manchester folks get over to bury and suport a good night

Cheers Paul

I appreciate your support!!

(sorry about the Tko,s,you no wot i mean!!):yes:

See you Saturday at Burscough::lol:

Dereck & Sheila

Edited by bury masonic

Apologies this is late!!

Had a GREAT couple of days on the Scene last weekend!

And want to thank Derek and Sheila's Mansonic for being part of it!

The move to Sat looks like being a wise move,, Music has Always been top notch so nothing to change there!!

All the time we where there toons were great and people on the floor dancing a great atmosphere

Thanks Derek for asking me to throw a few on ,, it was a novelty playing out me sales box!

Everyone played from the heart as usual but *Man of the Match* for me was Killa,, fantastic mix of tunes

I hope it goes from stength to stregnth for ya guys and we will always be back from time to time if my DJ commitment allows as its so near too for us!

Thanks for a top evening

Nige B