Video - Live At Daryls House- Eli Paperboy Reed

Mike

includes a live performance of recently talked about storm warning - can browse performances on the right

https://www.livefromd...x.php?page=ep27
Eli "Paperboy" Reed and Alan Gorrie

Daryl Hall and Boston singer/songwriter Eli "Paperboy" Reed, who is about to release his Capitol Records debut, Come and Get It, immediately discovered they had something in common before joining together for the 27th and latest installment of LFDH. As a special added attraction, Average White Band's Alan Gorrie sat in on bass, helping Daryl and Eli cover one of the group's biggest hits, "Pick Up the Pieces." Both Daryl and Eli are stone soul music freaks, with Reed's odyssey taking him from a preternaturally mature teenage R&B shouter from a Boston high school to a Mississippi Delta juke joint, from Sunday morning gigs behind the organ at a tiny South Side Chicago church to headlining the coolest clubs in Brooklyn with his red-hot band, The True Loves.

In this episode Daryl and Eli collaborated on a set that includes a cover of Hall and Oates' "It's Uncanny," from their 1977 No Goodbyes "hits compilation" for Atlantic Records and legendary Philly street corner band The Volcanos' "Storm Warning," an H&O outtake originally intended for the 1990 album, Change of Season, now included on the recently released Sony Legacy box set, Do What You Want, Be What You Are.

The performances also includes the Reed originals, "Take My Love With You," "I Found You Out," "Pick a Number" and "You Can Run On," and covers of AWB's "Pick Up the Pieces," Don Gardner and Dee Dee Ford's "I Need Your Loving Everyday," The Falcons featuring Wilson Pickett's "I Found a Love" and Chicago soul duo Mel and Tim's "Starting All Over Again," a song covered by Daryl and John for their 1990 Change of Season album.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just been watching/listening to a earlier show with smokey robinson as guest

great format of the show

they have some scoff. bit of talk about recollections, background of song and that sor t of thing

like his story about meeting ray charles in early days

before playing

well worth a visit if after some enjoyable lazy sunday viewing/listening

smokey episode here

https://www.livefromd...x.php?page=ep22

Social source share

Eli was tipped on here by Sean Hampsey and a few others a good while back and I went to see him in Camden in some small venues a year or two ago and had a chat with him.

He's a really nice bloke and definitely into his music. He is a big Kip anderson fan and does a very good version of Roger Hatcher and later on covered by Clarence Carter 'Caught making love'

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!