Dave Bacon's 60Th Birthday Bash

We would just like to thank Dave for asking us to share with him his 60th Birthday. Absolutely Awsome. The 500 plus attendees show's the resept for this Gentleman. All the Dj's Alex, John, Yocky , Ian Gee, Ginger Taylor, Pete Everett, Nige Grice Kept the floor packed all night and I mean Packed. Really enjoyed the solo dancing spot by Dave I think the Birthday outfit won it for me. A perfect night was had by all . Must say Pete Everett blew me away with his spot. Thank you Dave for putting the charity buckets out to start us off at the Metrodome charity night on th 27th Feb will let you know how much shortly as we have just got back in from Metrodome.

Yocky and Jx

• Replies 17
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:thumbup: Would just like to reiterate Yocky and Joy's post - What an excellent evening The Metrodome is a MASSIVE place and honestly it was packed and rightly so for a very special friend, who is truly a lovely guy and well respected. Dave did say to me that he felt very humbled that so many friends turned out and he was overwhelmed by the amount of people that attended, which just goes to show that friendships are made and respected from all over the country on the soul scene.

Have to say I loved the apron and I am sure will come in handy from time to time now you have reached the dizzy heights of 60 LOL XX If someone could load a pic or 2 up on here would appreciate a giggle again :laugh: x

I will just mention that for a 60 year old Dave is an excellent dancer not to mention fit but he really is such a nice guy so Happy 60th Birthday again Dave hope you enjoyed the evening too - Love to the lovely Rosa xxxxxxxxxxxx Keep dancing and smiling xxxxx:smile:

PS. Think the next Metrodome do is on the 27th February - Yocky can you confirm :wink: ta x thanks Nelly x

Edited by Miss Wasperella

Guest dazzzzler

We would just like to thank Dave for asking us to share with him his 60th Birthday. Absolutely Awsome. The 500 plus attendees show's the resept for this Gentleman. All the Dj's Alex, John, Yocky , Ian Gee, Ginger Taylor, Pete Everett, Nige Grice Kept the floor packed all night and I mean Packed. Really enjoyed the solo dancing spot by Dave I think the Birthday outfit won it for me. A perfect night was had by all . Must say Pete Everett blew me away with his spot. Thank you Dave for putting the charity buckets out to start us off at the Metrodome charity night on th 27th Feb will let you know how much shortly as we have just got back in from Metrodome.

Yocky and Jx

well dave if ur reading this looks like u was rite in missin a gud nite.(i was laid up in bed)like u know didnt suprise me at all new be top turn out 4 u old bstad.thumbsup.gif .u deserve it matey 60 and doin wot u do etc etc and not out gud innings if u ask me buddy, like i said was gutted to miss it will make it up to u bud,heres to the next 60 yearsbeer.gifbeer.gif thats only drink that aving off me haha.daz

thumbup.gif Would just like to reiterate Yocky and Joy's post - What an excellent evening - The Metrodome is a MASSIVE place and honestly it was packed and rightly so for a very special friend, who is truly a lovely guy and well respected. Dave did say to me that he felt very humbled that so many friends turned out and he was overwhelmed by the amount of people that attended, which just goes to show that friendships are made and respected from all over the country on the soul scene.

Have to say I loved the apron and I am sure will come in handy from time to time now you have reached the dizzy heights of 60 - LOL XX If someone could load a pic or 2 up on here - would appreciate a giggle again laugh.gif x

I will just mention that for a 60 year old Dave is an excellent dancer not to mention fit but he really is such a nice guy - so Happy 60th Birthday again Dave hope you enjoyed the evening too - Love to the lovely Rosa xxxxxxxxxxxx Keep dancing and smiling xxxxxsmile.gif

PS. Think the next Metrodome do is on the 17th February - Yocky can you confirm wink.gif ta x

Hiya the next Metrodome is the charity special (4 rooms)on the 27th of Febuary all the best El Nel

Yocky and Jx

Sorry I couldn't make it matey. Jo-an has not been well so shipped her off Saturday to Dubai for some Sun and relaxation with the kids. Sound like it was a great night. Just like to add all our love and respect to a genuine guy. Take care and see you soon XXXXX

Guest trevorboot

What can one say that hasnt already been said, first and foremost thank you for our invite to an outstanding evening, and Daves 60th birthday. For many years in my eyes Dave has been my Mentor to Northern soul for that i thank him. We arrived to find the place absolutely packed to the rafters, the dance floor was never empty. I have only one regret that i was ill on this night and couldnt be out on that floor, an absolute pleasure to watch all enjoy. All d.j.s were outstanding, we left about 1 45 and met Dave and Rosa on our way out i looked at Dave and for once i was lost for words its what you deserve mate and it will be always one to remeber, thanks again for this great evening. Tricky Trev Boot Carole and rest of the gang, Terry and Alex Yammy and Yvonne hope to see u soon.

a superb nite to celebrate the birthday of one of the most liked, loved and respected blokes on the scene .... A superb dancer who can still really turn it on and an insparation to those who will be approaching 60 in the next few years lol rolleyes.gif ....as has already been said , super sets from the dj's on the nite,... great fun with the "floorworkers" later on as we all got on the floor and kicked off to "soul time" and a couple of others in a group..... brilliant ! thumbsup.gif ..... both of us are really hurtin today lol....thank you for inviting us Dave !

pete n' susan KTF

Edited by casper

got to say what a nite a true gentleman a packed place says it all mate just how much you are respected and loved on the scean your a true diamond mate and we thank you for letting us be a part of it and to share your 60th we echo everything that has been said dave your a star. see you soon

Edited by night nurse

A fantastic night for a fantastic man ,Dave is truly one of mother natures gents and I honestly have never heard him utter a bad word about anyone ,he,s a credit to the soul scene and ime proud to call him a friend .many happy returns Dave XX

Guest Stretford

What a brilliant night, a massive turn out for a great guy, the place was rockin. Many thanks to all the DJ's for keeping the floor full and to Dave for the invite.

This do will take some beating !

Guest Stretford

Couldn't agree more,a fantastic night with Soulies coming from all points of the compass.It just goes to show the immense level of respect that so many have for Dave, one of the original Soulies. Whoever has the next birthday bash has got to go some to beat Daves do.God bless all those who turned up to celebrate at the Temple of Sir Dave.

Blood eyed Brothers of Soul attend the Birthday Boy Bacon's Bash to bring Brevity & Bonhomie to Barnsley, oh yes they did & a good time was had by all. The place was as busy as I've seen it, which is a testament to how people hold Dave in such high esteem & shows his longevity on our scene, he's a nice guy who makes me sick, why? Cos he now qualifies for winter fuel payments,can still dance circles around 99% of Soulies,still has all his own hair & looks like he can still easily fit into the trousers he purchased in 1973, Buggar!!!!!! Dave's truly a nice guy & a gent, which makes me very glad I know him. thumbup.gif

Sorry we could only stay till 11:30 but we had another Birthday bash to attend just down the road at the Citrus Rooms & I'm sure we wern't missed that much. no.gif

Take care,be safe & remember,"Come on Davy let the good times roll",

Spot.shades.gif

I concur with all above Dave. Hope you got my message via Ian Turner?

I wouldn't still be in "this scene" if it hadn't been for you way back in 68 - u little trendsetter you :thumbsup:

All the very best and don't forget, The Lyric, a special place :thumbsup:

So sorry both Ash and myself missed Daves 60th birthday bash due to other commitments, it was my other halfs birthday bash that night so sadly I had to to pamper her, (I know which side my breads buttered on). I'm really pleased that everything went so well for Dave on this milestone birthday celebration, dont know about 60, with a little 'just for men', this guy could pass for 40! And he can still dance as if he was 20!!!! Dave is from S25 and has been a regular attendee at Soul Galore S25 since we began promoting the event 15 years ago, a true Soulie and all round decent bloke. Congratulations!