MODERN SOUL @ THE ELEPHANT

Saturday 16th January 2010

The Elephant - Indian Restaurant Function Room

Dawbers Lane, Euxton, Chorley PR7 6EN

Playing 70's/80's Modern Soul & Jazz Funk thru to 2010 New Grooves

DJ's - MARK GRICE, BARRY MALEADY, STEVE PLUMB & CLIVE FARLEY

Open 9pm - 1.30am

£5 PAY ON THE DOOR

.............well we played it down a bit (well quite a lot actually!) and snuck our little bijou do on, provided some local produce with a couple of expensive imports, a killer room and a 'wall of sound' and hoped it would be fun!

Well it turned out to be a FANTASTICLY FUN night with ALL genres of Modern Soul covered and a BRILLIANT turn out (circa 150) and an up-for-it crowd that literally danced all night from approx 9.30pm to 1.45am

God knows what would have happened if we had advertised it properly wicked.gif

Many thanks to all who supported us, I'm sure the night will remain long in your memories as it was just 'one of those nights' that with a few simple ingredients, just simply worked thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
  • Replies 3
  • Views 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest alfroggy

Really enjoyed the evening at the Elephant Good Crowd Good Music,dance floor chocker all night well done to all involved with the Evening,excellent ktf froggy

Really good night night at The Elephant Steve, great atmosphere & PACKED.

Must admit I've limited knowledge of the modern scene and went with some trepadition but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening.

The only thing I need to get used to now is...dancing to 12" records, my legs are aching today LOL

Thanks Carol, glad you enjoyed it! And a good way to celebrate your birthday at midnight with a bit of Bobby Womack thumbsup.gif

Aye, a lot of 12"s got played so I can imagine yer legs hurting. Did I see you moving to a bit of Nu Jazz too????? We managed to cram a lot of genres in, all belonging to the name 'Modern Soul' on the night, that's for sure! Seems a daft title 'Modern Soul' especially when some of the records were over 30 years old and some of them only about 30 days old!!!!!!!

See you soon mate

Cheers

Steve