Mark Speakman Guesting At Broughton Wings

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

Saturday 20th February

We're kicking off 2010 with the return of Mark Speakman to Broughton. With Mark will be DJs Kevin Jones and Soul Sam and there's bound to be an amazing playlist ranging from some great classics through to some of the rarest sounds on earth, across a wide range of soul genres.

Mark has a super collection and judging by his playlist from the recent Amlwch all-niter, Broughton will be in for some fabulous records - playlist replicated below:

Billy Arnell - Stop The World (C/U)

Latin Dimension - Hurt So Bad (Columbia)

Alpacas - Somethimes I love You (Double Take)

Joe Jamma - I Can't Seem To Find (C/U)

Cheques - Deeper (Heatwave)

Startones - Loving You Baby (Billie Fran)

Margaret Little - Love Finds A Way (Genebro)

Magnetics - Lady In Green (Bonnie)

Cashmeres - Showstopper (Hem)

Shirley Edwards - Dream My Heart (Shrine)

Prophets - One Gold Piece (Shrine)

George Pep - Crying Over You (C/U)

Imperial C's - Someone Tell Her (Phil-L.A of Soul)

Ivories - Please Stay (Wand)

Phil Perry - I Came Up Singing (C/U)

Servicemen - Sweet Magic (Chartmaker)

Bobby Kline - Say Something Nice To Me (MB)

Horace Williams - I'm Going Christmas Shopping (Magic City)

(Goes without saying - ovo!!)

Broughton is a fabulous venue with a huge bar serving drinks at credit crunch-busting prices, we've continued to keep entry prices low at just £3, so there'll definitely be plenty of change left in your pocket on Sunday morning, Add to that a plush, air conditioned room with a superb dancefloor and great sound system and one of the friendliest crowds you'll find anywhere.

So if you're open-minded about your soul music then you'll find Broughton hitting almost every spot.

Very easy to find off Junction 35(a) west-bound on A55 expressway. Loads of very safe parking (security guard protected) right alongside clubhouse.

Sat Nav Post Code reference: CH4 0DR

Brian thumbsup.gif

Edited by Brian Ellis
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Happy new year to you Brian, looking forward to Broughton, always a good night and it must be one of the cheapest venues around, always good quality music played here whoever's DJing, and I'm looking forward to my spot.

I won't be playing Horace Williams until next December though.

:thumbup:

Edited by funkyfeet
  • 4 weeks later...

Just over a week to go so thought better give myself a little plug, below are just a few of the tunes that will be spun at Broughton, by myself or Sam.

MARAGRET LITTLE - LOVE FINDS A WAY / WARD BURTON - SWEET TEMPTATION / THE PROPHETS - ONE GOLD PIECE / HAMILTON MOVEMENT - SHE'S GONE / POETS - WRAPPED AROUND YOUR FINGER / IMPERIAL C's - SOMEONE TELL HER / SERVICEMEN - SWEET MAGIC / ARETHA - ONE STEP / ARTHUR WILLIS - THE HURTING IS OVER / SWEETS - SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT MY BABY / BOBBY KLINE - SAY SOMETHING NICE / MAGNETICS

PLUS LOTS OF CLUB CLASSICS / MOTOWN MAGIC / MODERN GEMS

DIRT CHEAP TO GET IN AND BEERS EVEN CHEAPER.

RECORD BAR.

GET YOURSELF THERE AND HAVE A GREAT NIGHT OF SOUL

Edited by funkyfeet
Guest Brian Ellis

Just over a week to go so thought better give myself a little plug, below are just a few of the tunes that will be spun at Broughton, by myself or Sam.

MARAGRET LITTLE - LOVE FINDS A WAY / WARD BURTON - SWEET TEMPTATION / THE PROPHETS - ONE GOLD PIECE / HAMILTON MOVEMENT - SHE'S GONE / POETS - WRAPPED AROUND YOUR FINGER / IMPERIAL C's - SOMEONE TELL HER / SERVICEMEN - SWEET MAGIC / ARETHA - ONE STEP / ARTHUR WILLIS - THE HURTING IS OVER / SWEETS - SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT MY BABY / BOBBY KLINE - SAY SOMETHING NICE / MAGNETICS

PLUS LOTS OF CLUB CLASSICS / MOTOWN MAGIC / MODERN GEMS

DIRT CHEAP TO GET IN AND BEERS EVEN CHEAPER.

RECORD BAR.

GET YOURSELF THERE AND HAVE A GREAT NIGHT OF SOUL

Mark

Really sorry I can't be there as the playlist will be phenomenal. All top-drawer stuff, but as usual at Broughton, if someone wants something different, we'll alwys give that a spin too. So everything for the connoisseur as well as for those who want something more familiar.

Just a great venue, air con, plush room, super dancefloor and top sound system, just £3 in. And the bar :beer: prices are legendary - sooooooo cheap :shhh::shhh::shhh: .

Hope you have a great night.

Brian thumbsup.gif

Mark

Really sorry I can't be there as the playlist will be phenomenal. All top-drawer stuff, but as usual at Broughton, if someone wants something different, we'll alwys give that a spin too. So everything for the connoisseur as well as for those who want something more familiar.

Just a great venue, air con, plush room, super dancefloor and top sound system, just £3 in. And the bar beer.gif prices are legendary - sooooooo cheap shhh.gifshhh.gifshhh.gif .

Hope you have a great night.

Brian thumbsup.gif

See you next time Brian........Have a good Holiday......thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to Saturday........Who's this "SOUL SAM" fella.........................laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif