Go Go Children Bristol Fri 15 Jan With Sean C

Despite being our second birthday and having sean chapman guest djing for us as always in bristol we started off with only a couple of dozen soul collectors/djs present mainly in the bar area talkin vinyl for the first hour as sean parry and double diamond played there first sets of soul and british beat.Between 11 and 12 during mine and johns first sets it started to fill up with people up and dancin.Sean Chapman came on at 12 and kept the floor full for all his set including a couple of 70s tracks,boogalloo,latin and ska aswell as his northern monsters twinkle,soul dance,backslop etc.

The last hour was split between myself,john and sean parry to close at ten past two with as always still people on the floor dancin.

So business as usual at the go go maybe 70/80 people in a small HOT underground room thats holds about 100.

A big thanx to Sean Chapman and Michelle for coming over aswell as all the others from wales (depsite Sean also playing in Cardiff on saturday) aswell as matt and rob from trowbridge and all the bristolians (confirmed soulie or not !)who danced ,sang and had a good time.

Due to other commitments go go children will now be moving to first saturday of every month.This will obviously be good for some and worse for others apoligies in advance for any clashes that may occur.On a positive note aswell as visiting johns record shop 'Wanted Records' there will also be a new record fayre stating on the first saturday,with hotels in walking distance it could make coming to bristol well worth it !

We will also be having more special nights with guest djs from the sw and hopefully further afield so roll on 2010.

my playlist

NO PART TIME LOVE FOR ME /MARTHA STARR

SWEET DADDY SOUL/LAMP SISTERS

IM NEVER GONNA STOP LOVIN YOU/EXOTICS

WHAT YOU TRYIN TO DO TO ME/ROSCO ROBINSON

WHEN LOVE GOES WRONG/LOU RAWLS

THEY DONT KNOW/5 ROYALES

KNOCK KNOCK/CAROL FRAN

FAT CAT/WASINGTON SMITH

I WANT YOU BACK/THE WEBS

SHING A LING TIME/LIBERTY BELLES

TO MUCH /JIMMY CONWELL

CALL ON ME/PERCY WIGGINS

THAT DRIVING BEAT/WILLIE MICHELL RIP

I DONT WANT NO PLAYBOY/BARBARA LYNN

THATS HOW LONG/SHIRLEY WAHLS

BOBBY IS MY BABY/BARBARA MASON

TRUST IN ME/JACKIE ROSS

LEAVE ME ALONE/RAY AGEE

second set

SEND HIM BACK/POINTER SISTERS

THATS WHAT I WANT/SYNG MCGOWAN

YOU CAN SPLIT/YOUNGBLOOD SMITH

YOU LIE SO WELL/MARIE KNIGHT

YOU DONT MEAN ME NO GOOD/JELLY BEANS

COMPARED TO WHAT/MR FLOODS PARTY

OPEN THE DOOR TO YOUR HEART/THE MOB

hopefully more playlists to follow...

dean

• Replies 4
  • Views 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great nite as normal- a really good social event. I always hear tunes I've never heard before, I feel the event is going from strength to strength- hope the change to Saturdays benefits you- will still try to get down as much as possible. Keep the faith and see you all again soon.

Guest matt tees

What a fabulous night and really enjoyed a night of whats next on the decks, some really serious UK soul, Beat and Psyche plus Latin and some great northern. A great little club and expect to hear not the obvious and go with an open mind thankfully!!! Great crowd who was up for absolutely everything the DJs threw at them, such a welcome change from the same old stuff I hear week in weak out, there is so much more than just northern soul. I love my soul as much as the next man, but I also like other stuff as well, so keep up the great work Go Go Children congratulation on your second anniversary and hope Saturdays proves a success because you deserve it. Go Go Children, Now you definately, cannot put this is any catergory!! it just simply GREAT MUSIC!! Super Resident DJs and a great promoting team in Dean and Nicki Ten out of Ten!!!

Edited by matt tees

big thanx to matt and sean for your comments ,i hope you can still be a regular mat when we move to saturday...and sean,huge thanx for coming down to play did the business as always !...hope to see you again either side of the dex...maybe with some sales boxes next time too...

sean 'my friend jacks' playlist.....almost ...and not in order !!

pin ball/van doreen

have some more tea/the smoke

tom tom /the creation

we can make it / the smoke

serving a sentance of life/carl douglas

crazy feeling/carl douglas

no more dreams/alexandra patton

one more chance/shelly lawson

i gotta go now/rex garvin

girl i need you/the artistics

sookie sookie/don covay

earthquake/bobbi lynn

quitin time/big maybelle

headache in my heart/debonaires

prophet/prince buster

lazy lou/manto and the cyclones

lion of judah/prince buster

hit the road jack/ray charles

Been offline for a few days due to dodgy modem - thanks again to Mr. Chapman for a fantastic set (and a great night all round), and here's the playlist for my couple of sets:

HANNIBAL - MY KINDA GIRL

CONTOURS - FIRST I LOOK AT THE PURSE

HANK JACOBS - ELIJAH ROCKIN WITH SOUL

RICARDO RAY - NITTY GRITTY

LES MCCANN - BUCKET O'GREASE

KIM MELVIN - DOIN' THE POPCORN

MONGUITO SANTAMARIA - HEY SISTER

JOE BATAAN - SUBWAY JOE

LITTLE MILTON - GRITS AIN'T GROCERIES

BOBBY BLAND - HONEY CHILD

CARROLL JONES - HEY GIRL

INEZ & CHARLIE FOXX - TIGHTROPE