Soul At The Stute

Brilliant night of music for how first night promoting ,crowded buzzing from the start ,djs played to floor allnight guest J manship had the floor rocking hatsoff2.gif ,roll on feb with Rob smith guesting thumbup.gif , thanks for every body who turned out for how first nght good.gif ,see you all in feb thumbup.gif

post-1548-1263749978297_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I had a good 2hrs spanner, just getting in the groove then the missus thought she would try a back drop (haha)you haven't got the play list what Manny played i was looking forward to that. See you all in Feb, the missus will have to sit and admire thumbup.gif

No play list sos , she can shuffle on the floor m8 ,just no spinningph34r.gif or back drops whistling.gif

No play list sos , she can shuffle on the floor m8 ,just no spinningph34r.gif or back drops whistling.gif

my playlist started with sam fletcher - i'd think it over on tollie, too many to list but i had 4 requests that i played, for lynn it was paris blues on mala. For fletch it was paul anka - when we get there on RCA, for steve j it was court davies on east coast & for steves mate it was cajun heart on english warner bros.

Can't wait for next month

Rob G. whistling.gif

my playlist started with sam fletcher - i'd think it over on tollie, too many to list but i had 4 requests that i played, for lynn it was paris blues on mala. For fletch it was paul anka - when we get there on RCA, for steve j it was court davies on east coast & for steves mate it was cajun heart on english warner bros.

Can't wait for next month

Rob G. whistling.gif

Brill m8 hatsoff2.gif to you ,

Brilliant night of music for how first night promoting ,crowded buzzing from the start ,djs played to floor allnight guest J manship had the floor rocking :hatsoff2: ,roll on feb with Rob smith guesting :thumbup: , thanks for every body who turned out for how first nght :good: ,see you all in feb :thumbup:

Hi Spanner, Great to hear you had a fabulous night, hope you got the txt message from Gaz (changing my phone so can't txt at the moment), onwards and upwards for the Stute Soul Club. KTF Bryn

Great first nite at the stute. got to thank everyone who came to support us,

djs played some great tunes first up 8-9Steve J

followed by the one and only Spanner

then me (Mick Jay) then at 11pm the guest dj mr John Manship who rocked the place

then Rob G from 12-1 and i finished the last half hour dance floor full till the end cant wait till next one on feb 20th guest dj Rob Smith

KTF MICK JAY

Cheers spanner, next month do you want me & Lynn to stay later to give you, mick & steve a hand to clear up, when we left we got as far as loughboro when we said we should have given you a hand with the chores ohmy.gif Doh!!!!

Rob G

No m8 its ok ,you have to travell further than us thumbup.gif

Guest SteveJohnston

I had a good 2hrs spanner, just getting in the groove then the missus thought she would try a back drop (haha)you haven't got the play list what Manny played i was looking forward to that. See you all in Feb, the missus will have to sit and admire thumbup.gif

[/q

All at the Stute Soul Club wish Beryl a speedy recovery thumbsup.gif If i was you i would not take the micky to much a smack roud the head with a plastercast would not be funny IMO :lol: ...........Mind you Beryl will have a few weeks with her feet up! Just think of all that house work cooking not to mention the Ironing :yes:

Steve J

Guest SteveJohnston

Just like thats been written above i thought it was one hell of a first night For all that attended :thumbsup: So i would like to thank every one that came and made this a night to remember "cheers".

I'll leave the DJ to post there own list of plays, Hear is mine in order in anyones intrested.

Reflection "june bride" Golden World

O Jays "i dig your act" Bell

Mary wells "everlovin boy" Stateside

Spellbinders "a little on the blue side" Columbia

Sonnettes "i've gotton over you" K O

Darlings "two time loser" Kay-KO

Lewis Clark "if you ever ever leave me" Tigertown

Porgy & the Monarches "think twice before you walk away" Musicor

Sheppards "stubborn heart" Jay Boy

Robert Parker "i caught you in a lie" Nola

Tim Rose "i got a loneliness" CBS

James Galt "a most unusual feeling" Aurora

Joe Haywood "i cross my heart" Front Page

Strangers "night winds" Warner Brothers

Ida Sands "you came along to rescue me" Chief

Joe Haywood "i would if i could" White Cliffs

LaBrenda Ben "the chaperone" Gordy

Liz Lands "midnight Johnny" Gordy

Temptations "girl why you wanna make me blue" Gordy

Temptations "thr girls alright with me" Gordy

Monitors "share a little love with me" Greetings we're the Monitors TML 11108

Martha & the Vandellas "you've been in love to long" Gordy

Martha & the Vandellas "nowhere to run" Gordy

Velvelettes "lonely lonely girl am i" V.I.P.

Contours "just a little misunderstanding" Gordy

Bobby Womack "i can understand it" United Artists

Pages "heartaches & pain" Sunstruck.

Something for everyone :thumbsup:

Steve j

Edited by SteveJohnston

Just like thats been written above i thought it was one hell of a first night For all that attended thumbsup.gif So i would like to thank every one that came and made this a night to remember "cheers".

I'll leave the DJ to post there own list of plays, Hear is mine in order in anyones intrested.

Reflection "june bride" Golden World

O Jays "i dig your act" Bell

Mary wells "everlovin boy" Stateside

Spellbinders "a little on the blue side" Columbia

Sonnettes "i've gotton over you" K O

Darlings "two time loser" Kay-KO

Lewis Clark "if you ever ever leave me" Tigertown

Porgy & the Monarches "think twice before you walk away" Musicor

Sheppards "stubborn heart" Jay Boy

Robert Parker "i caught you in a lie" Nola

Tim Rose "i got a loneliness" CBS

James Galt "a most unusual feeling" Aurora

Joe Haywood "i cross my heart" Front Page

Strangers "night winds" Warner Brothers

Ida Sands "you came along to rescue me" Chief

Joe Haywood "i would if i could" White Cliffs

LaBrenda Ben "the chaperone" Gordy

Liz Lands "midnight Johnny" Gordy

Temptations "girl why you wanna make me blue" Gordy

Temptations "thr girls alright with me" Gordy

Monitors "share a little love with me" Greetings we're the Monitors TML 11108

Martha & the Vandellas "you've been in love to long" Gordy

Martha & the Vandellas "nowhere to run" Gordy

Velvelettes "lonely lonely girl am i" V.I.P.

Contours "just a little misunderstanding" Gordy

Bobby Womack "i can understand it" United Artists

Pages "heartaches & pain" Sunstruck.

Something for everyone innocent.gif

Steve j

just remembered 3 R&B tracks i played, betty o'brian - she'll be gone, big daddy rogers - i'm a big man & merle spears - i want to know

Guest SteveJohnston

thanks to all for a great night

listening to the Sonnettes "i've gotton over you", cheers Steve

Paul i knew you would like the Sonnetts mate, and it grows and grows the more you listen to it bloody fantastic Soul record IMO thumbsup.gif

Steve j

Guest SteveJohnston

Just wanna add that myself and Shirl really enjoyed the night. Its good to finally be getting out a bit thumbsup.gif

Hey buddy it was good to see you two at the Stute :wave: glad you enjoyed, hope to see you on the 20th Feb mate I'll be a bit more relaxed now the first night is out of the way :ohmy: .................. I had forgoten how stresfull puting on a night was!

Guest SteveJohnston

just remembered 3 R&B tracks i played, betty o'brian - she'll be gone, big daddy rogers - i'm a big man & merle spears - i want to know

Rob you know i enjoyed your spot mate the 3 R&B tracks above rested well in what was a quality set :thumbup: Problem is Rob we all expect the same quality every month now mate :)