Temptations, That Will Be The Day

Suinoz

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Fantastic slab of Motown/Northern Soul - would be great to dance to, I imagine, but it never gets played out anywhere does it ?

If ever there was a case for CD decks at a venue, then this is surely it !!!

Couldn't agree more. Whilst I'm all for original vinyl being played (45 or 33) when a storming unreleased track turns up on CD then it should be played.

I recall Marvin Gayes version of Sweet Thing being played towards the late 80's and I think that was from the CD box set which was only available from the US at the time.

And vis-a-vis the Temptations - remember Forever In My Heart - not heard it out since it came out on CD but Lord knows why...

Mick

Social source share

not even an acetate recording either, just two cd releases....

As an aside for any Motown release you should check the web Site Don't Forget The Motor City great site full of info.

That'll Be The Day (Henry Cosby-William Stevenson-Sylvia Moy) publ. Jobete

The Temptations; rec 10-Jun-65 ; [lead - David Ruffin] ; produced by William Stevenson, Henry Cosby

28-Sep-99; CD (M): Motown 153 366 2 You've Got To Earn it

05-Feb-01; CD (M): Spectrum 544 426 2 Tamla Motown Connoisseurs [ UK ]

Edited by chalky
Social source share

As an aside for any Motown release you should check the web Site Don't Forget The Motor City great site full of info.

The Temptations; rec 10-Jun-65 ; [lead - David Ruffin] ; produced by William Stevenson, Henry Cosby

Thanks for that Chalky!

I have it on the 'You've Got To Earn It' CD...the first release for this tune! Loads of other great unissued tracks by the Temps. Ace booklet too!

Social source share

play it in the car along with shorty long baby come back to me and jimmy ruffin gotta let you go, so sad these were never put onto vinylfrusty2.gif

Absolutely +1!

Shorty Long "Baby Come Back To Me" is a proper dance record. Why oh why did top notch stuff like this and The Temps never get issued on 45 sad.gif

Social source share

Absolutely +1!

Shorty Long "Baby Come Back To Me" is a proper dance record. Why oh why did top notch stuff like this and The Temps never get issued on 45 sad.gif

temps track awesome had it since the you got to earn it c.d came out loads of quality unissued motown could be played and in the past has ,you'd think the powers that be at motown would have cottened on by now and released some of the tracks as double sided limited edition collectors itemsthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Social source share

temps track awesome had it since the you got to earn it c.d came out loads of quality unissued motown could be played and in the past has ,you'd think the powers that be at motown would have cottened on by now and released some of the tracks as double sided limited edition collectors itemsthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Maybe someone should suggest that to Chris King, he has connections with Motown i think. Anyone know his email address or is he on here at all ??

Social source share

Agreed comments above

We play it out @ Lyric, hence the CD mixer cos there's plenty of sumptious dancefloor tracks only on CD. :ohmy:

Its like garlic bread - the future :wave:

Social source share

Great site, indeed. Although there are a few missing, the information available is stunning: songwriters, producer, date of recording, covers by Motown artists...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert