Dj Bookings Needed Urgently

Better the devil you know I guess, had a pretty aweful day today (see freebasing thread - Liveleyhood Gone) some scumbag has stolen our Burger/Butty van our whole world has basically gone tit's up and we are in total shock, now I know I've been out of the loop DJ wise in recent times more out of choice as we put our heart and soul into the business and the soul DJ thing has taken a bit of a back seat, despite wheeling and dealing in the records I still hold a couple of decent DJ boxes and am more than able to make a valid contribution to any soul event, so it's with cap in hand that I ask if anyone can put a bit of decent work my way it will certainly help towards getting back on our feet and pay a few bills, under normal circumstances I would not ask but needs must so if you can help please contact bicknellmark@aol.com or via PM here. Only contact me on merrit and not out of pitty.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Better the devil you know I guess, had a pretty aweful day today (see freebasing thread - Liveleyhood Gone) some scumbag has stolen our Burger/Butty van our whole world has basically gone tit's up and we are in total shock, now I know I've been out of the loop DJ wise in recent times more out of choice as we put our heart and soul into the business and the soul DJ thing has taken a bit of a back seat, despite wheeling and dealing in the records I still hold a couple of decent DJ boxes and am more than able to make a valid contribution to any soul event, so it's with cap in hand that I ask if anyone can put a bit of decent work my way it will certainly help towards getting back on our feet and pay a few bills, under normal circumstances I would not ask but needs must so if you can help please contact bicknellmark@aol.com or via PM here. Only contact me on merrit and not out of pitty.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

mark

That is really shit news, sorry to hear it. Hope the scumbags get caught and I hope things work out for you.

Good luck

gary

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Good luck with getting your business back on track and i hope the insurance people sort you out quick.... The northern soul dj pay is still in the ice age Mark and will only pay for beer/ travel costs for most events..

Social source share

Good luck with getting your business back on track and i hope the insurance people sort you out quick.... The northern soul dj pay is still in the ice age Mark and will only pay for beer/ travel costs for most events..

I was going to say exactly the same thing...won't earn anything djing Northern.

My advice, not that it's worth anything, would be to wait for a couple of days until the police to come back to you, if they don't have any good news, well you've seen how the Soul Source community can pull together in times of crisis. I would do it, but I'm still stung by people cricising the Fingers collection/fund, and I'm not putting up with that again unfortunately. Someone will though, I'm sure.

Social source share

Cheers Steve, pretty sure I can still claw a decent fee mate in the right areas, like I said better the devil you know, just have to try every avenue.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I was going to say exactly the same thing...won't earn anything djing Northern.

My advice, not that it's worth anything, would be to wait for a couple of days until the police to come back to you, if they don't have any good news, well you've seen how the Soul Source community can pull together in times of crisis. I would do it, but I'm still stung by people cricising the Fingers collection/fund, and I'm not putting up with that again unfortunately. Someone will though, I'm sure.

Thanks Pete, the support we have had today has been brilliant here on Soul Source, the police have been fantastic but we can't stop crying mate, we worked so hard to make our little business work and now it's all gone, I take both your and Steves point about the DJ fee thing but I have to try and hold it together and will basically do whatever it takes to survive, knowing that friends care has gone some way to ease the pain, thank you.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest bobby's girl

Dear Mark,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope they catch the rubbish responsible. My advice is to keep haranguing the police, and maybe but a small ad in the local press, reward offered, that sort of thing.

I really hope I'll be seeing you back behind those necks in the very near future! I have such happy memories of my nights at the North Cheshire. You played a big part in my 'northern soul journey'!! ;D

Just know that a lot of folks are thinking of you, and rooting for you...

All the very best to you and Jackie.

Rachael xx

Social source share

Guest bobby's girl

Dear Mark,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope they catch the rubbish responsible. My advice is to keep haranguing the police, and maybe but a small ad in the local press, reward offered, that sort of thing.

I really hope I'll be seeing you back behind those necks in the very near future! I have such happy memories of my nights at the North Cheshire. You played a big part in my 'northern soul journey'!! ;D

Rachael xx

...obviously I meant decks thumbsup.gif atb x

Social source share

Dear Mark,

Rachael xx

Thanks Rachael for your kind words and support we are totally gutted as our business, future, security and living has just been taken from us, we are trying to be strong and brave but it's hard at this moment in time to think constructive thoughts as the hurt and emotion keeps wheling up all the time.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Mark have you got business insurance? They should cover the costs for you to hire a van to keep the business going. I run a digger (JCB) if it gets stolen I get hire machine the next working day & they cover the costs. Hope it all works out for you Cressy

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

Good night that Toad.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Best of luck me old mate... Sure the bookings will come in and you will be back in business soon.. Always people out there wanna hear you spin 45s ..

Battle through !

Russ Smith

Edited by Lobster Madras
Social source share

i remember reading this ,, Bicknell's Bedroom 28/11/2009

i thought then that i would pay to listen to them being paid " allthough not in your bedroom " biggrin.gif

im sure someone could put some work your way ,, good look and just remember theres allways someone worse off than you

just watch the news ,, keep your chin up

Social source share

We have both just had another good cry and a cuddle Jacqui is so much stronger than me thank god but we are still both pretty upset, of course there are people far worse off than us but we just feel so helpless and very angry, everyone's kind words, comments and support has helped us through a really shitty day, the future scares me a little but we have to bounce back.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

1. That is awful Mark, as others have said I hope you have it all insured, but........you haven't responded to folk asking about it, I hope it doesn't mean you haven't got insurance.............
Social source share

This is really bad. g.gif People don't think of the consequences and the real lives it affects when they do such things and I hope they get caught.

But I think what you're doing is a bit of a knee jerk reaction to some really bad news. You know there isn't much money djing on this scene, and it is never guaranteed work. I'd get that claim in on the insurance pronto yes.gif

If you've made the mistake of not insuring your livelyhood, I would seriously consider selling your records to buy a new van mate rather than spinning them for pocket money.

Hope it all works out for you, fingers crossed it'll turn up soon thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

That's shocking news Mark. Unless it's bolted to the floor you have'nt a hope in hell with all the scumbags that are around. Just hope you get sorted mate. There are a lot of nice folk in our scene. ATB Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Social source share

Thanks for all the support and kind words, being a trailer insurance seems to be a very grey area and our week just seems to get worse, the trailer was in a secure compound with razzor wire on the top of fences and huge steel padlocks, the van was left there due to the bad weather recently as we live on a hill higher ground, in snow and ice the trailer becomes dangerous slips and slides everywhere so it was more down to safty and at least gave us a chance to trade during the bad weather with it being in it's trading location as we lost nine days between Christmas and New Year where we were unable to get the trailer to our pitch, I've cried till I can't cry anymore and I'm very close to breaking seems we have lost everything, it's not my intention to seek pity or anything like that it's just helping me to let it out so sorry to everyone out there for using you as a shoulder to cry on but we don't know what else to do.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Thanks for all the support and kind words, being a trailer insurance seems to be a very grey area and our week just seems to get worse, the trailer was in a secure compound with razzor wire on the top of fences and huge steel padlocks, the van was left there due to the bad weather recently as we live on a hill higher ground, in snow and ice the trailer becomes dangerous slips and slides everywhere so it was more down to safty and at least gave us a chance to trade during the bad weather with it being in it's trading location as we lost nine days between Christmas and New Year where we were unable to get the trailer to our pitch, I've cried till I can't cry anymore and I'm very close to breaking seems we have lost everything, it's not my intention to seek pity or anything like that it's just helping me to let it out so sorry to everyone out there for using you as a shoulder to cry on but we don't know what else to do.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Ha Up Mark

Be strong, I know it's seems like sh*t now. What ever we say on here doesn't make it hurt any the less, but many of us are thinking of you.

P.S. Does your son still collect Hip Hop

Dave

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

some wise words on here.. Times are tough Mark, i and many others are self employed and aint got any or very very little work.. Bite the bullet and sell some vinyl, it can hurt like fook but family and health come first for sure..

There must be many many people on here who have had to sell some of a collection before, it hurts but when you get sorted again you can always replace the vinyl, you can't replace your health the same way....

Social source share

We have both just had another good cry and a cuddle Jacqui is so much stronger than me thank god but we are still both pretty upset, of course there are people far worse off than us but we just feel so helpless and very angry, everyone's kind words, comments and support has helped us through a really shitty day, the future scares me a little but we have to bounce back.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Sorry to hear about this Mark,I have sent you a message.regards Wrighty.

Social source share

some wise words on here.. Times are tough Mark, i and many others are self employed and aint got any or very very little work.. Bite the bullet and sell some vinyl, it can hurt like fook but family and health come first for sure..

There must be many many people on here who have had to sell some of a collection before, it hurts but when you get sorted again you can always replace the vinyl, you can't replace your health the same way....

So true Stevie ..i've worked two days in the last six weeks because of the weather .

Ive sold a lot of records over the last six weeks ,and found myself in similiar position the last three yrssad.gif

I guess you just gotta get on with it and keep your fingers crossed/chin up and be positive .

I know Mark's predicament is made worse, because having your livelihood stolen unexpectadly is a big kick in the bollox ,but nothing surprises me these days.

This country has gone right down the pan in the last few yrs imho ..but that's another topic and cold comfort to Mark at this moment.

Hope your fortune changes soon Mark and in the mean time keep your chin up budthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Why dont you get your arse back to droylsden mark and have a word with the owner at the starlite, and continue where you left off from the august allnighter, which had so much to offer . That place and the nigh had so much promise. A couple of whiners moaning about the curtains and candles ffs, or some young trout and the odd balloon makin their presence known, people had fuck all to complain about, providing the decks were attatched to the amps correctly and the music was shit hot. Dont take any shit from whingers and do what you know you can do well.All the best ,andy

Social source share

So true Stevie ..i've worked two days in the last six weeks because of the weather .

Ive sold a lot of records over the last six weeks ,and found myself in similiar position the last three yrssad.gif

I guess you just gotta get on with it and keep your fingers crossed/chin up and be positive .

I know Mark's predicament is made worse, because having your livelihood stolen unexpectadly is a big kick in the bollox ,but nothing surprises me these days.

This country has gone right down the pan in the last few yrs imho ..but that's another topic and cold comfort to Mark at this moment.

Hope your fortune changes soon Mark and in the mean time keep your chin up budthumbsup.gif

Stevie/Nev, I've been wheeling, dealing, swapping, trading, buying, selling all the way through my time on the Northern scene, sold to fund the business in the first place, sold to help the cash flow through these tuff times so basically done it before so I'll do it again no problem I still have enough depth and quality of collection to yes make a bit of a dent but still will be able to hold my own DJ wise, my plea here for DJ work is simply trying to help towards a basic living as every little helps and I'm simply turning to what I know and am pretty good at, we have stopped the tears now, support of each other, family and friends will pull us through this, still waiting to here from the police so fingers crossed, spent most of last night in the front room crying but when my boy Luke came downstairs to see what the matter was it suddenley pulled me out of it a little and a cuddle from him was worth more than any poxy burger van, a few gigs have been offered to me which is nice and this shitty situation I find myself in has been eased in knowing that without question this scene and the people on it in the main are simply some of the best people on the planet.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share